Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 01:47 PM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times

Advertisements

WRnative, I saw the 20 foot high walls ICE boulders/shards from Lake Erie inundating Cleveland's shoreline. WOW! Here you are all worried about Florida becoming inundated by rising water 30,60,80 years from now, and you had it happen in your backyard a couple of days ago! Those pictures looked like end of times stuff for sure.

Don't try to use that ice to make Dacquiri's though, its likely toxic and filled with cyannobacteria.

Ohio's bad fossil fuel record may be catching up to y'all. Have you convinced anyone up there to stop producing and consuming so much fossil fuels yet? Ohio's killing the ozone layer.

How's the 80,000 fracking wells doing up there? The Oil refineries? The Ethane cracker plants? Marathon oil?

Why have almost 2/3rds of Cleveland's population left since 1950? Are you next? I think that is why you spend so much time here when you live near Cleveland.

Did you see that LA and Arizona are cooling big time? Coolest temps in 60 years. That Polar Vortex was really something a few weeks back. 70 below zero...wow!

My link above in an earlier post about Earth gaining land mass and coastal land area pretty much blows everything you've been claiming right out of the water...pardon the pun!

Everyone's loving our new Governor down here...even the Miami Herald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 07:05 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Any increases in coastal areas apparently is due to construction by the Chinese and in Dubai, according to the article being referenced by the above posters.
OK maybe you can answer this.

Provide a viable series of changes that can be made without hurting anyone or the economy.

Hurting both would slow or stop the changes.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
OK maybe you can answer this.

Provide a viable series of changes that can be made without hurting anyone or the economy.

Hurting both would slow or stop the changes.
Don't hold your breath. I've notice the end-of-timer negative nellies seldom offer realistic solutions that are feasible. Djsuperfly additted to this in another thread a few days ago. Craigiri complains, but offers few specific solutions.

They overinflate the circumstances, repeat the mantra, then sign off. Its the way they roll. No solutons, no dialogue, they never contribute to the problems they pose.

They want everyone to change their behavior whilst they do nothing. They want to tax and control everyone, but they want the government to do their dirtywork.

They are in total denial about how their ideas FAIL verywhere through history. Cuba, Detroit, Venezuela, Chicago, NYC, LA, Seattle (land of homeless narco street people).

They have not seen enough failure yet, and probably never will. They live in dreamland. If everyone would just conform, everything would be nirvana...althought its never happened ever in the history of man, for any length of time.

They should ALL have to spend 1 week in Cuba and Venezuela, and then come back and write post about what they saw and what they learned.

We all know what the outcome of that would be...MAGA hats for all!

Old 03-05-2019, 11:25 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,418,861 times
Default Flood insurance premiums destined to rise

See post 9 in this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...ance-help.html

Articles of interest from that post.

https://www.theinvadingsea.com/2019/...as-flood-risk/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-losses-mount/

https://www.nrdc.org/onearth/week-10...st-us-billions

https://keysweekly.com/42/flood-map-...ood-insurance/

Old 03-05-2019, 03:28 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
See post 82 in this thread.......

Old 03-05-2019, 06:46 PM

After you read post 82 again, ponder this...property is selling fast & furious in Florida, prices continue to climb, the population continues to swell, and each snowbird/tourist season outearns the last one.

People are fleeing junkyards like Cleveland Ohio (where WRnative lives) in droves. Cleveland has lost almost 2/3rds of its population since 1950. Maybe it's because Ohio has oil refineries, Ethane Cracker plants, 80,000 fracking wells, consumes more fossil fuels per capita than FLA, and ranks 48th on the natural environment while FLA ranks 1st:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...al-environment

Why would a person who professes to be a fossil fuel hater stay there, while obsessively posting eco-fiction on a Florida forum? Envy? He yearns to move the Florida, but he's trapped in Cleveland

By my count, the # of Ohio license plates down here in Florida rank 3rd behind only New Jersey & New York.

Very few people who now live in Florida, vacation in Florida, or who plan to move to Florida in the future believe the sky-is-falling. Those who do, are negative Nellies who love to complain, or love to tell others how to live their lives, whilst they pollute like China. Just read a few of their posts, and you'll see I'm right on target. Fortunately, they are in the minority here...based upon the outcomes of all the most recent elections We are winning again, we are great again, and it's UGE!

If the New Green New Deal passes, the hoards will need to walk, or ride bikes down to Florida. No more planes, trains, or automobiles...or even Horses. Based upon the size of the Northerners I'm seeing at the beaches, they could use the exercise

Old 03-05-2019, 07:07 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
zip code 33109...Fisher Island...Miami Beach..is the countries richest zip code
...the elevation is 10ft

They only have about 1335 years left

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/05/bloo...-zip-code.html

Old 03-11-2019, 08:10 AM

42 posts, read 55,859 times
Watch Dan Pena On Climate Change...
When I was in school they said it was an ice age. Climate may change, but we didn't do it.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:21 AM

30,393 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Nothing to worry about until 50+ years out. Most of us will be dead by then fred.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:23 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,137,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Don't hold your breath. I've notice the end-of-timer negative nellies seldom offer realistic solutions that are feasible. Djsuperfly additted to this in another thread a few days ago. Craigiri complains, but offers few specific solutions.

They overinflate the circumstances, repeat the mantra, then sign off. Its the way they roll. No solutons, no dialogue, they never contribute to the problems they pose.

They want everyone to change their behavior whilst they do nothing. They want to tax and control everyone, but they want the government to do their dirtywork.

They are in total denial about how their ideas FAIL verywhere through history. Cuba, Detroit, Venezuela, Chicago, NYC, LA, Seattle (land of homeless narco street people).

They have not seen enough failure yet, and probably never will. They live in dreamland. If everyone would just conform, everything would be nirvana...althought its never happened ever in the history of man, for any length of time.

They should ALL have to spend 1 week in Cuba and Venezuela, and then come back and write post about what they saw and what they learned.

We all know what the outcome of that would be...MAGA hats for all!
Hey, way to call me out on a thread I haven't been participating in on a topic I haven't been participating on. But, I'm glad to know you've got my name on your brain. It's good to be thought of.

And, no offense, but I've never personally attacked you, just your ideas. But, hey, let's talk about your "realistic solutions that are feasible," you know like placing an elevated roadway over US41 in Sarasota and Bradenton (wonder where the support pillars would go).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida