Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:57 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,553 times

Advertisements

I thought we could do a thread, kind of a fun one and just say something about Florida that baffles you. Anything you want that just doesn't make sense in your mind about the state or what goes on in the state etc.... I'll start.

In Fla the farther north you go, the more southern (people) it gets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 09:34 AM

11 posts, read 21,573 times
something that baffles me, is how the man in orlando, who raped that woman at walmart, was walking around and not in jail. if he would have been in jail in the first place, this wouldnt of happened. how can a convicted felon who has been arrested like 25-30 times be out of jail at the age of 24? he needs to serve life in prison for what he did, and i hope he gets it.

sorry, i know this is a serious topic, and not what you were looking for, but this truly baffles me, and has been bothering me since the news broke.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:56 AM

374 posts, read 1,629,343 times
I have a family member who lives on North South West East ******Circle. (Street directions baffle me!) I always wondered who made up these street directions. They must have been lost!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 11:08 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
What baffles me is that people who move to Florida do not like it and then take the time to blame Florida, it's people, weather, crime, bugs and anything under the sun for them not liking it when it is totally their fault to begin with.

Many people just cannot handle the fact that they either didnt do their homework or they are just not Florida loving type people ans shouldn't have moved to Florida in the first place.
If and when we move to Florida and I do not like it, it will be my fault and not anyone elses.

And yes, I agree above, how the heck are you suppose to find anything we SE West 9th Ave North???

Old 04-12-2008, 11:11 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
What baffles me is that people who move to Florida do not like it and then take the time to blame Florida, it's people, weather, crime, bugs and anything under the sun for them not liking it when it is totally their fault to begin with.

Many people just cannot handle the fact that they either didnt do their homework or they are just not Florida loving type people ans shouldn't have moved to Florida in the first place.
If and when we move to Florida and I do not like it, it will be my fault and not anyone elses.
It was great 30 years ago. Not so great anymore.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:24 PM

11 posts, read 21,573 times
well i moved back to florida, orlando specifically, and i have every right to complain. but at the same time, it is my fault. we shouldnt have picked orlando, and this is coming from a FL native. too many areas throught FL have changed so much, and many places that used to be nice, arent.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:33 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdaq jones View Post
well i moved back to florida, orlando specifically, and i have every right to complain. but at the same time, it is my fault. we shouldnt have picked orlando, and this is coming from a FL native. too many areas throught FL have changed so much, and many places that used to be nice, arent.
I agree with you whole heartedly on that one. I would not live in Winter park again for anything. It used to be nice in Orlando, not now. All places I lived are different down here now. It has been a rough 8 months for me too. I left Fl, went home to Massachusetts, was scared away by the cold, then came back here(Cape Coral) in February. Now since I got here the economy has crapped out, there are places for rent every fifty feet, forclosures up the ying yang, and about ZERO jobs. And I HATE my daughters school!!! It's yes my fault for this, but I'm pretty discouraged.... Never should have come back here.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:34 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
If there is a Team Metro, who are they competing against?

Old 04-12-2008, 05:11 PM

776 posts, read 1,673,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
I agree with you whole heartedly on that one. I would not live in Winter park again for anything. It used to be nice in Orlando, not now. All places I lived are different down here now. It has been a rough 8 months for me too. I left Fl, went home to Massachusetts, was scared away by the cold, then came back here(Cape Coral) in February. Now since I got here the economy has crapped out, there are places for rent every fifty feet, forclosures up the ying yang, and about ZERO jobs. And I HATE my daughters school!!! It's yes my fault for this, but I'm pretty discouraged.... Never should have come back here.

And we wonder why much of Florida especially the coasts from the I-4 corridor south is so transient.. What a change from two months ago by this poster.. And Feb-March was true paradise weather down here.. I actually once loved it here so much I would have stayed even if they paid me in sunshine when I was young and dumb. Now it is my business model, familiarity with areas and opportunities plus family that keeps me here. Hope it all works out for you.. You really should check out Atlanta, Charlotte or Raleigh or even DC, Houston, Dallas or Austin if this state doesn't have opportunities for you rather than going back to the frigid New England weather as I mentioned on the other thread...
//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...more-week.html

Old 04-12-2008, 05:36 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
Don't get discouraged, you've hardly been ther and you're just adjusting!!!! Remember those cold new england days.. we were still getting snow last week and they're forcasting more this week. Remember those mornings of shoveling, bundling up the kids, the heating bill (I'm a $400 a month right now). BELIEVE me the economy is horrible here too. I looked in the paper the other day and no joke there was 1 job, for an assistant daycare teacher, part time.. the other 5 were from temp agencies.. Thats it.. everyone is foreclosing up here too and rent is sky high.. Hang in there, everyone is discouraged right now, hell we're talking about selling our stocks! It's gonna get better.. Remeber this is where you were two months ago!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0271.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0369-1.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida