Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 10:56 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,199,673 times

Advertisements

Food stamps isn't going to pay your utilities, phone, internet, clothes, toiletries, and on and on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 11:38 AM

63 posts, read 63,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy3n8 View Post
And living in an RV is not the answer. Most communities have ordinances regarding the amount of time one can stay in an RV. You probably can't get an occupancy permit for a permanent residence in an RV - you would have to be in an RV park.
what are the communities that DON'T have ordinances... that's the question.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
Food stamps isn't going to pay your utilities, phone, internet, clothes, toiletries, and on and on and on.
1.) I haven't bought new clothes in YEARS and don't plan on getting more anytime soon. I have clothes from elementary school that still fit me just as they did back then.
2.) if you're renting, usually utilities are included.
3.) if i found someone to rent to me for 500 or 600 a month i could definitely afford internet.
4.) my adoptive parents actually pay for my cellphone (forgot to mention that earlier) but even if they didn't i would still be able to afford that too.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:58 AM

Landlords look at proof of income. You will show them $700 a month and they will rent the cheap apartment to someone making $3000 a month. They want to see you spending around 30% of your income on rent. They really don't care about your lifestyle. They care about getting paid and that $700 income shows you are a huge risk.

That's just business but by all means try just don't say you weren't warned. Sometimes you have to learn these lessons the hard way to believe them.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Landlords look at proof of income. You will show them $700 a month and they will rent the cheap apartment to someone making $3000 a month. They want to see you spending around 30% of your income on rent. They really don't care about your lifestyle. They care about getting paid and that $700 income shows you are a huge risk.

That's just business but by all means try just don't say you weren't warned. Sometimes you have to learn these lessons the hard way to believe them.
oh yeah. i know landlords in florida can be rough. thats why i was considering the subsidized housing. it was just that i didn't want to live around criminals at all who'd break in and steal my stuff. thats the only reason why i wanted to buy a house instead.

im not sure why everyone is telling me "you can't buy a house with 700$ a month"... I wasn't planning on a mansion. Hell, i wouldn't mind living in a storm shelter just as long as it has a bathroom and within a bus route somewhere.

but i wouldnt mind renting either. i couldn't call the pinellas county housing authority today because apparently they're closed for some reason but i'll try after the weekend.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:26 PM

Because you don't qualify for a mortgage just like you don't qualify to rent a market apartment.

You have no assets for a down payment. You don't make enough to cover maintenance, prop taxes, insurance on even a dumpy $50k condo. Loan officers want to see assets and that 30% housing metric too. You just don't meet the requirements. But if you don't believe us, go to a bank and talk to a loan officer and see what they say.

We aren't trying to be difficult. We are trying to help you but the sky is blue even if you desperately want it to be green, it isn't. But go talk to a bank and learn for yourself.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:37 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheWaves View Post
you don't know anything. you seriously think i'll listen to you?
what's a rich pretty white woman living in Sarasota going to know about finding affordable housing for a disabled person in Florida? seriously. -_-
OK ^^^ You have shown your true colors. You don't deserve our help, so hopefully people quit responding and you go away, because you aren't listening to anyone anyway.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:38 PM

264 posts, read 338,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheWaves View Post
2.) if you're renting, usually utilities are included.
This is absolutely NOT true anywhere unless you are renting only a room. And with income that low and probably no credit history, the utility companies would require a deposit to insure payment of the bills.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Because you don't qualify for a mortgage just like you don't qualify to rent a market apartment.

You have no assets for a down payment.
Actually i have a $5,000 back pay that i have 9 months to spend. i figured i could use that for a down payment.

Quote:
You don't make enough to cover maintenance, prop taxes, insurance on even a dumpy $50k condo.
i actually remember being told that property taxes can be paid Yearly at a rate of $200... and it depends on how big the house is.
a 50,000$ condo? i didn't want something that nice. a really small house would fine enough with me (1 person)...
even a cheap manufactured home that can with stand strong winds would be fine with me.

Quote:
We aren't trying to be difficult. We are trying to help you but the sky is blue even if you desperately want it to be green, it isn't. But go talk to a bank and learn for yourself.
why does the sky color have to do with it? and actually it is possible for the sky to turn green under certain circumstances

But besides that, I was thinking if someone here knew of programs to help a poor person buy a house. ive heard that they do exist.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy3n8 View Post
This is absolutely NOT true anywhere unless you are renting only a room. And with income that low and probably no credit history, the utility companies would require a deposit to insure payment of the bills.
in my apartment in West Virginia that WAS DEFINITELY true. my adoptive parents were paying for that. but all they had to pay for besides that was a 40$ electricity bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida