Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2019, 11:54 AM

491 posts, read 472,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
You must not have a kid in orchestra at school. Because its very popular at Bristol Farms in California, for example, to have the local school bands put on concerts for shoppers. Super popular at the holidays when they are doing Christmas concerts.
Is this a serious post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 11:55 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
Considering the Wegamns locations, and the bad weather/desolate areas they’re built around I don’t see a restaurant in a grocery store being overly appealing to Floridians like it would for someone living in Buffalo.

Are you kidding? There's ALOT of people in Florida who hibernate between the months of May and October and would love nothing more than to sit around in a grocery store cafe listening to live music in the free A/C.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
Is this a serious post
Yes it is. Here's what a concert at Wegmans looks like. u can see the store at the :33 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31WLpPFFjec

Old 05-06-2019, 12:18 PM

17,179 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Yes it is. Here's what a concert at Wegmans looks like. u can see the store at the :33 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31WLpPFFjec
Good GOD. Sorry but I'll pass... :/

Old 05-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Good GOD. Sorry but I'll pass... :/
I don't know if you can tell, but those are huge stores. 150,000 square feet. you can be in the pasta aisle buying spaghetti and not hear what's going on in the restaurants area. they also have outdoor space. sometimes concerts are outdoors in that space. which means u only hear it if you are in the parking lot.

imagine going to Publix on a 70-degree january day and listening to live music while eating your pub sub and enjoying the sunshine. some people may like that.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:39 PM

17,179 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
I don't know if you can tell, but those are huge stores. 150,000 square feet. you can be in the pasta aisle buying spaghetti and not hear what's going on in the restaurants area. they also have outdoor space. sometimes concerts are outdoors in that space. which means u only hear it if you are in the parking lot.

imagine going to Publix on a 70-degree january day and listening to live music while eating your pub sub and enjoying the sunshine. some people may like that.
I dunno... Just seems like something I'd expect to witness at a major concourse in a mall or convention center, where large crowds pass by throughout the day. Not someplace where I shop for tonight's dinner. I get that some people like that, but it would drive me nuts.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:54 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
There were a few Publixes around here that were built in the early 00s with a cafe area next to the deli. But no one ever ate in-store and the space ended up getting reallocated to high margin liquor sales during store remodels.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:10 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Cafes/restaurants inside of a grocery store are very common where I'm from (midwest). In fact, it's rare NOT to have one.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
There were a few Publixes around here that were built in the early 00s with a cafe area next to the deli. But no one ever ate in-store and the space ended up getting reallocated to high margin liquor sales during store remodels.
maybe because those spaces were hospital cafeteria style fluorescent lighted tables and chairs. the trend now in grocery store cafes/restaurants is soft lighting, comfortable chairs, entertainment/events (as evident in above wegmans video). basically like the ambiance of a starbucks or panera, not a hospital cafeteria.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:21 PM

491 posts, read 472,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I dunno... Just seems like something I'd expect to witness at a major concourse in a mall or convention center, where large crowds pass by throughout the day. Not someplace where I shop for tonight's dinner. I get that some people like that, but it would drive me nuts.
Ditto.

Personally I think Publix falls short in a few areas, specifically healthier grab and go items and deli items, but I don’t need the grocery store to be an entertainment venue.

Whole Foods already has the seating, bar, etc anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida