Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 05:11 AM

9,365 posts, read 14,309,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Supermarket bakeries produce terrible products.

There! I said it. Give me a real, scratch made bakery, please.
My house.

Really, where else do you find one?

Even if you do, without knowing the owner/manager personally, can you really be sure that they are using real flour, instead that whittled down, bleached, "enriched" (actually impoverished) crap that Americans call "carbohydrates" nowadays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 06:42 AM

88 posts, read 74,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You’re so angry.
I thought same thing about sinatra posts, very angry post about most thing, and specially Publix store- she seem in post frustrated insistent and bit narrow in opinion like she know better about Publix and all thing. Maybe you should ignore such narrow *I know better* comment? poster like this who know better than every other may have other life problem. Maybe better ignore or say goodbye to a post

Old 08-05-2019, 06:59 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Supermarket bakeries produce terrible products.

There! I said it. Give me a real, scratch made bakery, please.
Agreed! Although you can find some supermarkets that produce some quality bakery items. Kroger makes its cookies with all butter. And the traditional stuff like eggs, vanilla, flour, salt, etc.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
My house.

Even if you do, without knowing the owner/manager personally, can you really be sure that they are using real flour, instead that whittled down, bleached, "enriched" (actually impoverished) crap that Americans call "carbohydrates" nowadays?
You have to ask for ingredient list. Besides, I know when something is made with food coloring, or artificial fats, or artificial eggs, or fillers. I can taste it.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:17 AM

9,365 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
You have to ask for ingredient list. Besides, I know when something is made with food coloring, or artificial fats, or artificial eggs, or fillers. I can taste it.
Golden tongue!

Old 08-05-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Golden tongue!

Hey I like that! I should create a blog called that!

Old 08-05-2019, 08:29 AM

88 posts, read 74,137 times
maybe you taste lots of thing, that most other woman do not

Old 08-05-2019, 09:48 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
My house.

Finding one is difficult. Determining the quality is done by the taste test.

Crappy products from supermarkets do not change the issue.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:43 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,123 times
I agree - so overpriced! That's why when I do go to Publix, my shopping cart is 99% BOGOS!

But they do have the BEST ice cream flavor: Chocolate Trinity!

Old 08-07-2019, 07:58 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
STOP LYING. SEARCH THE THREAD.

That is most certainly NOT what I wrote.

What I wrote was: "If you think Nellies eggs are good, then you haven't tried Vital Farms Organic eggs. Best supermarket eggs ever."

If you don't like my egg recommendation, you are free to ignore it. Personally I love receiving product recommendations and am eager to go try anything out to see if it’s better!
Apparently you are too closed minded to accept a product recommendation.
Too bad.

Quote:
I'm saddened that you think Publix bakes anything in-store. Publix does not bake in-store. 99% of its "baked goods" come from a warehouse many miles away. The other 1% are "finished" in-store, which is meaningless. That in-store "bakery" is nothing more than a front for a large-scale commercial operation that produces baked goods full of artificial ingredients, artificial colors and God knows what else. Their Cuban bread isn't Cuban bread. Their Italian bread isn't Italian bread. Their scones are not scones. Their biscuits aren't biscuits. Their cakes are a Frankenfood. Their naan bread is a joke. Their pies are a canker on the body social. Their cookies are as tasty as a paper bag.

If you are comparing the "baked goods" at Publix to the "baked goods" at Winn-Dixie, then yes, the "baked goods" at Publix are better. That is like saying throat cancer is better than colon cancer. One of them may be slightly less unpleasant, but both of them will kill you.

I have no idea whether you know anything about bread, pastry, cookies or scones, but if you did, you would have nothing good to say about the Publix bakery.

The people I see buying at the Publix bakery are those with no taste buds: the very old or the very young.

Bon appetit!
Your Honor, I present Exhibit A (above).

And by the way, I rotate through the different egg brands as they go on sale at different stores. Nellie's, Handsome Brook, Pete's, Kroger Simple Truth (via Lucky's) and other store-brand conventional and cage-free and organic, England's Best, the "Fresh from Florida" ones Publix was selling partnering with an Orlando charity, etc.
I can't remember if I've tried Vital Farm. But #TriggerWarning, I'm good with regular store-label conventional most of the time. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
This is what happens when these "I love Publix/I hate Publix" threads stay active too long. The actual topic is exhausted, so it moves into nit-picky details and personal attacks. No one is going to change anyone else's mind, so it really ought to just drift down the thread list to die once people realize that it's okay to "agree to disagree".

Besides, another iteration of this same topic will be created within three or four months and the cycle can start all over again!
True. I'd rather ad to an existing thread than create a new one. On some forums, the rule is to search first before creating a new thread. Fail to do that and you're shamed.

Quote:
How about you go to the Publix bakery instead (make sure you wear your Hazmat suit), look at the label for the cinnamon rolls, the scones or the biscuits, take a photo of the ingredients and post it here. Now, don't go Photoshopping out the chemicals! Some of us are smarter than that!
Quote:
Agreed! Although you can find some supermarkets that produce some quality bakery items. Kroger makes its cookies with all butter. And the traditional stuff like eggs, vanilla, flour, salt, etc.
Do they have bakery products under the "Simple Truth" label that you are thinking about?I don't see butter on their ingredients list for chocolate chip cookies as one example. Their fat is partially hydrogenated soybean or cottonseed oil. "Natural and artificial flavors" could literally be anything as it is not regulated. Regardless of what chemicals are added, the sugar is doing far more damage anyway. Publix has some iffy stuff in theirs, but no "partially hydrogenated" stuff. Isn't that trans-fat?

https://www.kroger.com/p/bakery-fres.../0001111007501
https://www.publix.com/pd/chocolate-...17905?ch=2.5.6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida