Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 04:02 PM

117 posts, read 99,052 times

Advertisements

While there is only one official legal nude beach in Florida, there are other understood clothing optional beaches such as Blind Creek where the police only monitor the parking lot and let us be free on the beach. Where on the west coast are clothing optional beaches (understood to be) located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 06:54 PM

17,147 posts, read 15,350,560 times
I can't think of any such thing on the West Coast, but I do know that if there were to be any, it would be in Pasco County, where there are TONS of nudist/clothing optional resorts and clubs.
The East Coast in CFL is fortunate to have Playalinda, which is not only one of the nicest beaches in the state, a large swath of it is also [unofficially] clothing-optional.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:02 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,354,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
The East Coast in CFL is fortunate to have Playalinda, which is not only one of the nicest beaches in the state, a large swath of it is also [unofficially] clothing-optional.
I've understood that it to be only certain parts of that beach are clothing optional? There are several markings and you have to walk past the majority of them to get to it, and if you don't get the closer parking lot, its quite a haul.

The beach is supposedly managed/owned by the Feds/Nasa so there is just no one to 'enforce' the law?

But yes, Only Haulover is the 'official' nude beach in Florida..great beach too, very close to Sunny Isles and lots of places to have a BBQ, launch a boat, etc. Not remote like Playalinda.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:38 PM

17,147 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
I've understood that it to be only certain parts of that beach are clothing optional? There are several markings and you have to walk past the majority of them to get to it, and if you don't get the closer parking lot, its quite a haul.

The beach is supposedly managed/owned by the Feds/Nasa so there is just no one to 'enforce' the law?

But yes, Only Haulover is the 'official' nude beach in Florida..great beach too, very close to Sunny Isles and lots of places to have a BBQ, launch a boat, etc. Not remote like Playalinda.
Eh... I've gone there, and never had issues parking. But I guess if you go on a very busy day, you'd have to park at the previous lot, which would require some walking. I'd say it's worth it, if anything just for the quietude and peacefulness of the place, regardless of whether or not one wants to wear clothes.

I've seen Rangers ride by there, and they just never batted an eye at what they saw. I think it's sort of an unwritten pass in that section, and the rangers just let it slide.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:52 AM

88 posts, read 74,073 times
who want to run around naked anyway? too many strange people do that

Old 07-22-2019, 09:53 AM

814 posts, read 2,042,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTCLWR View Post
While there is only one official legal nude beach in Florida, there are other understood clothing optional beaches such as Blind Creek where the police only monitor the parking lot and let us be free on the beach. Where on the west coast are clothing optional beaches (understood to be) located?
perhaps this question should be posed to our 46th Governor aka Ronald Dion DeSantis after all he is an attorney. when is his next press conference? thank the law for understanding about all the "understood clothing optional beaches"

Old 07-25-2019, 07:36 AM

131 posts, read 143,851 times
I assume these are public as opposed to private? My understanding is there are many private beaches down there?

Old 07-25-2019, 05:17 PM

9 posts, read 6,700 times
The one at the Cape Canaveral National Seashore, apart from being able to free ball it, also has some of the best shelling I've found on the central FL east coast. If you don't mind the view, which is sometimes hazardous to one's mental health. But for the most part it's a nice spot.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:33 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,011 times
Florida only has one public nude beach? FLORIDA?

Old 07-28-2019, 06:32 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Florida only has one public nude beach? FLORIDA?
https://www.tripsavvy.com/floridas-n...-guide-1512070
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida