Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 07:36 PM

16 posts, read 8,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
Have you ever heard of spellcheck? I'm seeing six misspelled words that I pointed them out for you. It's funny when you are talking about education when you are making simple spelling mistakes. Embarrassing.

Please use spellcheck before you continue to post in this thread. I'm not going to pay attention to you.
Don't blame him for spelling. He was wrapped up in blaming others for failing, because they were blaming others for making them fail. End this viscous cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 07:38 PM

17,117 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Have you ever heard of spellcheck? I'm seeing six misspelled words that I pointed them out for you. It's funny when you are talking about education when you are making simple spelling mistakes. Embarrassing.

Please use spellcheck before you continue to post in this thread. I'm not going to pay attention to you.
Your grammar leaves much to be desired...

Old 08-03-2019, 07:37 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:

Prooven fact...bad spelers make the most monee!

fyi, in 1st and 2nd grade when government teachers were supposed to be teaching me to spell, they were teaching me phonics instead. Google phonics since I doubt you know what it is. I never recovered from that educational abuse.

Since my post was 200 words, and only 6 were spelled wrong, that is 97% spelled correctly. That's an "A" in my book. Nonetheless, I'm praying that you never ready any of my posts in the future. Don't let the door hit you in the a#$#!

Old 08-03-2019, 08:13 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Add spelling police to his resume'... lol.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:16 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Oh, well, some people have excuses for everything...Devils Advocates they are called...and that's what the ignore button is for.

To these people it can't possibly be the fault of their leaders....who have sold out...or of their less educated populace who are selfish and can't see the forest for the trees.

Data is interesting because it is really all that exists. We can fool ourselves but the 570 points of data that Facebook (for example) has on each of us is "more real" than our own feelings. That is, it predicts or can manipulate them with decent precision.

I'm pleased to see dave agreeing that the data - GDP per capita, educational attainment and all those other things line up decently (in data)....and that means something.

Where any debate lies may be in causation and solutions, however that gets back to leading the horse to water. If people are either satisfied with their lot - or they are mixed up and entertained by Bread and Circus, they are unlikely to WANT to change.

Which brings us to the old joke. How many Shrinks does it take to change a light bulb?

"Only one, but it has to WANT to change".

Old 08-03-2019, 08:29 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
I don't "want" change, but I expect and prepare for change and always ask myself... is it contrived or organic? One is directed and controlled and the other, a product of circumstance. Knowledge is a product of experience. Do you remember, before the internet... when it was thought that the lack of information was the reason for collective stupidity? Well it ain't that.

... just sayin'

Old 08-03-2019, 11:25 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Prooven fact...bad spelers make the most monee!

fyi, in 1st and 2nd grade when government teachers were supposed to be teaching me to spell, they were teaching me phonics instead. Google phonics since I doubt you know what it is. I never recovered from that educational abuse.

Since my post was 200 words, and only 6 were spelled wrong, that is 97% spelled correctly. That's an "A" in my book. Nonetheless, I'm praying that you never ready any of my posts in the future. Don't let the door hit you in the a#$#!
So, you wrote a book lamenting people who blame others for their lot in life. Then a few posts later, you blame a couple of little spelling errors on your early elementary school teachers. If it is that big of a deal, and it must be in you've brought it up several times, then maybe with the resources that have been available in the past 10+ years, use some of that "hard work" to get better.

Well, like was said in the post below (which applies to all viewpoints):

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We all know Libertarians are fungible depending on what they want now.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:43 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I stated a fact, not a whiney baseless excuse, AND I persevered regardless. Big diff

So, do you have anything meaningful to add to the discussion, or are you just a troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
So, you wrote a book lamenting people who blame others for their lot in life. Then a few posts later, you blame a couple of little spelling errors on your early elementary school teachers. If it is that big of a deal, and it must be in you've brought it up several times, then maybe with the resources that have been available in the past 10+ years, use some of that "hard work" to get better.

Well, like was said in the post below (which applies to all viewpoints):

Old 08-03-2019, 11:43 AM

251 posts, read 203,248 times
Quote:
Florida is so crazy because our State has a lot of people who whine and complain about their place in life. They blame others for their own lack of success. They think that Teachers who work 8 months out of each year should be paid the same as people who work 12 months each year. They think college grads of a easy major (Education) should make the same as college graduates of much more difficult majors (Ocean Engineering for instance).

They don't know Teachers who went back to College to get advanced degrees in specialized areas to boost their incomes. Teachers who coached, or tutored, or took Summer jobs to boost their incomes. Teachers who lived beneath their means and invested wisely to boost their incomes. Teachers who worked their way up to become Assistant Principals, and then Principals, and then Administrators.

Florida is so crazy because there are so many people here who think jobs in Florida should pay the same amounts they do up North where the cost of living is much higher, and where priorities are much different.

Florida is so crazy because we have so many low achievers who are afraid, lazy, uneducated, undisciplined, unlikeable, who feel the country owes them more, rather than taking responsibility for their own place in life, and going out to earn it. This makes them angry, and combatitive. They live in denial.

These people point to others who have failed rather than others who have succeeeded to comfort themselves in their own failure. Misery loves company. Those who succeeded, and beat them at life, got lucky, or had rich parents.

Florida has a mixture of haves, and have nots. The have nots want what the have's have, but they were/are unwilling to pay the price to achieve greatness, and prosperity. Rather than admit their own shortcomings, they lash out at the strivers, and blame anything that moves rather than looking at themselve in the mirror and blame who is really responsible.

Look at Dr. Ben Carson's success. He came from the slums of Detroit to become a Brain Surgeon, Rocket Scientist and a member of the Presidents' Cabinet. I could share many stories like his. Mine own path has been similar, but I'll spare you drama. Read my old posts...it's all there. Most of the whiners never lived what I had to live through, but yet, I blew their doors off through taking risks, hard work, and determination.

Florida's crazy's are in denial of their own lack of effort. They are doing their level best to justify their place in life to themselves, and to others. I find it very sad that they didn't exert the energy, effort, and discipline required to succeed in a free society.

They'll blame ANYTHING, except themselves, to justify their failure...even our free society. I totally reject their pathetic excuses. Of course, they will not openly admit to their failures. Instead, they hide behind weak arguments on anonymous forums where they can hide in their own dispair by blaming everything else besides themselves. I see right though them, and maybe this post will help you to do the same.
This.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:07 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
Quote:
I stated a fact, not a whiney baseless excuse, AND I persevered regardless. Big diff

So, do you have anything meaningful to add to the discussion, or are you just a troll?
Congratulations on whatever your success entails.

But nope. You can't preach 100% personal responsibility and then when someone calls out a little spelling error, blame it on your 2nd grade teacher.

As far as the original discussion is concerned, I was following along as I wanted to know what the answer could be, but of course it turned into a bunch of flame throwing. It looks like the consensus for our state's craziness is a combination of our population size and records laws. However, I personally don't remember Florida being the butt of jokes until the 2000 election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida