Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 09:54 AM

15 posts, read 9,193 times

Advertisements

I have a solution. If you dislike Publix or it doesn't meet your standards or quirky needs, then avoid walking in the door!

Old 10-10-2019, 10:06 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,679 times
I have a hard time understanding these sorts of threads. Some seem to want people to work and to be working but don't want to see the workers working in public.... or Publix.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I have a hard time understanding these sorts of threads. Some seem to want people to work and to be working but don't want to see the workers working in public.... or Publix.
I have a hard time understanding them too just looking back on this site a few months (and even years ago). It seems very odd such as comparing a store in Florida with another store no where close to Florida - all in a Florida-based forum.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:23 AM

17,122 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Some posters who shall not be named, recently complained and whined incessantly about Publix's lack of online grocery order/delivery services, and then proceeded to create a thread complaining about online delivery workers patrolling the aisles of the same store.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
It's very easy. They are in an Instacart uniform. They have their carts full of Instacart labeled coolers. They are staring into their Instacart phones. Next time I go to Publix I will snap some photos.
Obviously we have no instacart shoppers in my neck of the woods.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:09 AM

I don't see a lot of Instacart shoppers in Publix in the suburban newer areas that are around me. I see lots of families driving SUVs, fairly well-heeled shoppers - couples and singles, and a lot of women who are well-dressed for instance. I really don't even see or hear most shoppers walking around complaining about prices or the lack of certain foods to their liking, etc.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:35 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanMcKelvey View Post
I don't see a lot of Instacart shoppers in Publix in the suburban newer areas that are around me. I see lots of families driving SUVs, fairly well-heeled shoppers - couples and singles, and a lot of women who are well-dressed for instance. I really don't even see or hear most shoppers walking around complaining about prices or the lack of certain foods to their liking, etc.
Well I actually shop at the one nearest me which is in the "low rent" side of town, and it's always busy, rarely see Instacart shoppers, just regular folks and NONE are complaining about anything!! This particular store is always "jammin" - I mentioned that to one of the long term cashiers there, and she says it is because it is a true neighborhood store and it is; I see my neighbors there all the time. Very friendly store.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:36 PM

264 posts, read 337,553 times
Winn Dixie used Shipt, WalMart has their own shoppers, my local (in PA) grocery store has their own shoppers.

The ragging on Publix is odd.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:55 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy3n8 View Post
Winn Dixie used Shipt, WalMart has their own shoppers, my local (in PA) grocery store has their own shoppers.

The ragging on Publix is odd.
Fired employee or someone paid by another chain to bad mouth them???????

Old 10-10-2019, 02:44 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
They must all shop only at YOUR store lol. And if you hate Publix so much, why even shop there? As another poster mentioned, you definitely seem to have some kind of agenda to keep starting and perpetuating these over-the-top threads on Publix.
I mentioned this in my response, but it doesn't look like Instacart fulfills orders in every building. Instacart is advertised at every store, but your order may come from another store. If you live in one of the bigger metros of Florida, you can have an Instacart-free shopping trip if you just go the Publix 8-10 minutes away in the other direction.

I haven't visited the Walmart that does deliveries for my neighborhood. I wonder how it looks there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida