Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 07:42 PM

10,102 posts, read 19,302,376 times

Advertisements

Ok, well, price, HOA, etc aside----really, Its just a model ! The glassdoor shower can easily be changes to frosted glass if you choose such model

But that HOA fee! Are you sure that wasn't a misprint? $1325/month That's outrageous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 02:56 PM

18,208 posts, read 8,027,666 times
I've been seeing some new houses with showers big enough to wash a horse in there....and no...I'm not going to spend an entire day trying to clean something that ridiculous

Old 10-29-2019, 04:41 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,755,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I've been seeing some new houses with showers big enough to wash a horse in there....and no...I'm not going to spend an entire day trying to clean something that ridiculous
Then don't get a horse!

Old 10-29-2019, 09:42 AM

962 posts, read 606,642 times
Quote:
I agree Corrie, these massive showers make for impressive photos, but I see a lot of work cleaning a space that's 10x the size it needs to be.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:59 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,161,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ok, well, price, HOA, etc aside----really, Its just a model ! The glassdoor shower can easily be changes to frosted glass if you choose such model

But that HOA fee! Are you sure that wasn't a misprint? $1325/month That's outrageous!
My mistake the HOA was $1325/qtr. Still high considering the HOA where I'm living which is another deed restricted community in Venice built between 2006 and 2013 is $469/qtr. and we have way way more amenities.

The clear glass was an "option" one that was supposed to be desirable, but not to me.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:12 AM

254 posts, read 254,852 times
Quote:
In new homes builders now give you the option (often at no additional cost) to have one huge shower instead of a normal size shower + bath tub combo. In our previous home we had a bathtub and shower. In 12 years I took a bath exactly 2x (and my husband never). And my husband (who is in charge of cleaning the bathrooms) was always annoyed about having to clean the bath tub - or just wipe the dust off the tub - that nobody used. Also, that tub did not have a shower head on a hose, so he had to use the watering can (for my plants) to rinse the cleaning agent off the tub, which is cumbersome.

That is why we loved having the option of having a huge shower in our new home. It feels like a spa. And it is less work to clean it than cleaning a shower and a bath tub (where you have to climb into the tub to really reach in every corner). We have three shower heads installed: one normal shower head at one end, a rain shower in the middle and a shower head on a slide bar with a long hose in the middle of the long wall, which makes cleaning the shower very easy. Also, our shower has no glass door (no door at all), which makes cleaning much easier. All you have to do is spray and wipe the tiles, rinse them with the shower head on a hose and wipe them dry. There is glass on top of the half-wall. All you need to do is wipe it with Windex. Since we always wipe our shower dry after taking a shower, the glass is never full of water stains.

This is what we used to have: https://tinyurl.com/y29tfc99

Now we have this type (but larger and with more shower heads): https://tinyurl.com/y3oldqwu

It took at least twice as long to clean our previous shower because of the glass door and the silver door and glass frames.

If we really want to take a bath, we can do it in one of our guest bathrooms.

We absolutely love our huge spa-type shower!!!

Last edited by germanoricua; 10-31-2019 at 10:55 AM..

Old 11-13-2019, 11:14 AM

3,181 posts, read 2,376,198 times
We had one of "those" baths without a bathroom door. My dh built up the opening which was larger than a standard door and we installed a really nice door on it. As to showers that are full glass walls, they really aren't that hard to "wipe" down. Don't wipe them down, keep a squeegee in the bath and use that before getting out. They actually probably are easier to keep clean than tiles and grout if they are frameless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: