Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2019, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 376 times

Advertisements

Hello every body,

I am an international student and will start my studies in spring semester so i took over a lease from another student. It is kind of Student complex apartments who only have leases from September to august so if you come for spring semester you have to take over somebody else lease. It was a lot of work to go through the process since I am not in America and I had a lot of paperwork to deal with. Finally when it is all ready, they let me know that the rent increased 180$ for no reason. I was desperate to get it done so I le the process happen. The other student I am taking the apartment from had the release meeting with them today. And they send me an email to say that it increased again 25$ because of market fluctuations. Now I have to pay 205$ more than initial price. Are they allowed to do so?

Please let me know because I am so confused. It is a popular student complexe in the area.

Thank you

Karter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 03:38 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,222,561 times
I don't believe this is something that can be answered in this kind of forum. For one, I think it would largely depend on the language in the lease and in the assignment agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida