Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 11:39 AM

317 posts, read 1,229,339 times

Advertisements

Gray low covered cloudy skies (very gray...which only moves into darkness by 5:00 and colders temps...about 40 degrees today..just your typical, lovely December weather up here in the north? Anybody wanna trade? Ah come on!!!! You can't walk on the beach, feel the warmth of the sun...you can't go outside without a coat, the trees are bare... Oh come one up!!! There are no palm trees, my outside plants and flowers have now all died, my son is forced to play videogames instead of running around outside, riding his bike, or playing with his basketball hoop! Oh, you know what the good news was today? The kids are having a basketball tournament over the holiday....so that means we have something to do!!!!...and our kids will get to see each other!!

How is your weather where YOU are today?

Seasons Greetings All!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 11:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat you are, Nancy Lynne, without the kids! I was hoping that we'd see a white Christmas for our last year up here, but it's not looking good. Next year, my palm tree will be spotlighted.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:59 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Great thread, Nancy.

Nomore, just hop in the plane and come on over to So. Dak. and you can have a white Christmas. We have had very little snow the past two winters and this one looked like it'd be another nice winter. Well, a couple days ago, we had rain (which is extraordinary in Dec here), then it turned to sleet, then to snow. We now have about 5 inches of snow from the past two days. But you know what's amazing? Instead of it being below zero, our temps are just at the freezing point so the snow is beginning to melt.

Of course, we have no palm trees and our native trees have been bare for over two months already. Our beautiful flowers have been gone since the beginning of Oct, which is actually a long time for up here. Our nights will be down in the teens to the single digits, but it's still nicer then a lot of our past winters. And for those of you who are unaware of the fact that my state gets hot, we just had 120 degrees last summer, which tied the old record. We don't have near the humidity the Floridians have, but 120 is pretty toasty.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:54 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,082 times
Merry Christmas!

I'm in central Florida and it's a very warm 77 degrees (officially)...my thermometer outside says 80. Had to turn on the a/c while I was baking my last batch of cookies! It's cloudy and stormy weather is expected later -- and all thru Christmas.

You all need to pray for me....we'll have about 25 people INSIDE on Christmas Day since it's supposed to still be raining! And I don't have a huge house and we don't have a basement. (Not many in FL have basements because we'd hit water digging that deep.)

So, all of you enjoy your snow and stay safe!

Old 12-22-2006, 04:00 PM

302 posts, read 1,049,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post
Gray low covered cloudy skies (very gray...which only moves into darkness by 5:00 and colders temps...about 40 degrees today..just your typical, lovely December weather up here in the north? Anybody wanna trade? Ah come on!!!! You can't walk on the beach, feel the warmth of the sun...you can't go outside without a coat, the trees are bare... Oh come one up!!! There are no palm trees, my outside plants and flowers have now all died, my son is forced to play videogames instead of running around outside, riding his bike, or playing with his basketball hoop! Oh, you know what the good news was today? The kids are having a basketball tournament over the holiday....so that means we have something to do!!!!...and our kids will get to see each other!!

Seasons Greetings All!
If you keep reading this Florida thread long enough , Alot of people would love to trade with you. Myself included. As you are inside now for the winter, we are inside during the summers...it's too hot and humid here. I swear the Devil owns Florida and leases it out!

Old 12-22-2006, 04:01 PM

24 posts, read 137,465 times
At 1:30pm this afternoon Northern NJ it was almost dark outside, I lloked out my window at work and BLAH!!, so gray and ugly, even the trees look gray!, I am so done with the weather here, cant wait to move to Fla!!! I joke about opening presents Christmas morning and then going swimming... I plan on takin pictures to send to all our friends who will be remaining in Jersey....Lol

Old 12-22-2006, 04:02 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
cuse...that wouldn't be short for Syracuse by any chance, would it?

Well, introduce me to Satan, because I'm on my way!

Old 12-22-2006, 07:58 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuse View Post
If you keep reading this Florida thread long enough , Alot of people would love to trade with you. Myself included. As you are inside now for the winter, we are inside during the summers...it's too hot and humid here. I swear the Devil owns Florida and leases it out!
That was cute.

Ok so now it's gotten down to the teens for temps. I wanted to use my car at break time and my doors are frozen shut. So, I had to call my husband who works a couple blocks away from here to come and open my doors for me. Florida looks better every day.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:54 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,156,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post

Seasons Greetings All!
Don't feel bad , we had the same weather 24 hours earlier!!!! Cook soup and play a movie and enjoy....

Old 12-22-2006, 10:23 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,004 times
Well, the weather in Florida is not going to be great for Christmas. Currently it's raining cats and dogs and is supposed to continue that way through Monday. At least it's warm and the weather held off long enough for the shuttle to land. My mother always taught me that in every cloud there is a silver lining (i.e. something to be thankful for)....sometimes you just have to look for it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida