Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 07:46 PM

159 posts, read 192,973 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I'm trying to find a private fishing charter @ $350 a day or less for 3 full day trips back to back
looking for a long time in action floridian Captain.
I dont roll in groups so I'll be by myself, not sure how that effects booking a charter
Hoping it's located not to far from good restaurants as well as bait and tackle shop(s)

Also looking to find a few good shore fishing spots (piers, jetties, beaches, hidden salt water gems)
Finally, I need a place to stay that allows cooking (Air B&B, Hotel suites) $130 a night max
Hopefully I catch something I can cook lol

I'm traveling from NC and would like to keep the driving within the 9 hour range.
I'm thinking that time frame puts me in northern Florida and I do prefer the gulf side you tube says it's calmer waters and just as good fishing.

Any help on any part is appreciated. I must add that I'm black and looking to stay in safe well appointed areas and situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 08:32 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,201,891 times
Cedar Key might work for you.

http://cedarkey.org/

Old 12-30-2019, 09:03 PM

WOW! You made that seem easy...Thank you very much this seems extremely promising with a little research I on a path now.. THANK YOU!!!

Old 01-03-2020, 07:18 PM

29 posts, read 12,993 times
In addition to Cedar Key, you might also want to try Steinhatchee or Apalachiacola.

Old 01-04-2020, 07:34 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Cedar Key and the rural Panhandle might be a bit too "Old South" for the OP. I would recommend Treasure Island or Clearwater Beach which is a beautiful area plus part of the more cosmopolitan Tampa Bay metro with plenty of nice VRBO options.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:26 PM

Thank you all very much for all the help! I am looking to be in a more diversified environment than Cedar Key seems.
I will do my due diligence on Steinhatchee, Apalachiacola, Clearwater and Treasure Island.
Does anyone know of a non boat shore fishing tour guide type of company in those areas?
Getting a very you have to know before you go vibe from North Florida.
I might have to move it to Central Florida as suggested.
Any must eat or must visit ideas near those areas?
Thanks again!

Old 01-04-2020, 03:12 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I'm a big fan of the old-Florida feel of Indian Rocks Beach, south of Clearwater Beach. It's very friendly, not overdeveloped and has a lot of good local restaurants worth going to. Check out Keegan's Seafood Grille which has a casual vibe and really good fresh local seafood.

Old 01-04-2020, 08:23 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,201,891 times
It depends on the type of vacation you want. Cedar Key, Apalachicola are essentially remote fishing villages. There's a handful of restaurants and hotels but pretty much all you are going to be doing is fishing and doing relaxing nature stuff.

If you want more than that, St. Pete area beaches would be a much better choice since that's a major urban area.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:32 AM

29 posts, read 12,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Cedar Key and the rural Panhandle might be a bit too "Old South" for the OP. I would recommend Treasure Island or Clearwater Beach which is a beautiful area plus part of the more cosmopolitan Tampa Bay metro with plenty of nice VRBO options.
The OP seems to be looking for a fair deal on their fishing trip. “Old South” or not, it will be far less expensive than going to Clearwater/Tampa, moreso when you start tallying up the costs for accommodations, food, etc. Nothing wrong with “Old South” unless you are a communist, an antifa member, or are there to criticize and/or instigate as an outsider. Me personally, I will take “Old South” over NYC, SF, Portland, etc. any day of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida