Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 10:50 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times

Advertisements

Kind of random, but does anyone know who makes Lucky's store brand lip balm? It's one of those products that just seems to work well and came at a pretty cheap price. IMO, better than the Whole Foods store brand lip balm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 04:38 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,751,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Kroger is already in Florida. It's called Harris Teeter. Kroger is also building a gigantic robotic fulfillment center in central Florida (and dozens all over the country), so that people in Florida and the rest of the country can buy Kroger groceries online. Kroger has plans to be the No. 1 online grocer in the USA. .....

Did you all see that Publix has outsourced their deli? I guess the dinosaurs in Lakeland just couldn't handle all the online orders. So they said screw it, let Instacart do it. I wonder how much Instacart is going to charge for you to order a Pub sub?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...-meal-options/

So, I'm streaming a cable show through its app and I get an ad for a service called Kroger Delivery Kitchen "Powered by ClusterTruck." It's strange because I am in Orlando, not using a VPN, and the service is obviously not available here. But that happens. I've gotten car ads from Seattle and Iowa dealerships in the past.

Anyway...

As of this December 2019 article, it is only available in Columbis, OH, Indianapolis and it suburb of Carmel.

https://www.grocerydive.com/news/kro...demand/568282/

ClusterTruck (which is a little too similar to the saying "cluster f... lol) is a ghost kitchen based up there. If the Instacart Meals thing is successful, I could see Publix and other grocers possibly renting out other parcels in their shopping centers to be fulfillment centers for prepared foods. I'm sure Shipt, which is/was Lucky's official delivery partner, will have their own version of the service soon.

Old 02-19-2020, 02:46 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,698,258 times
It was too dammed good to be true !!!!!

Old 02-19-2020, 05:00 PM

220 posts, read 133,811 times
Was it anywhere in South Florida? If so where were they located? I've never seen them. Unfortunately, so many stores are closing.

Old 02-20-2020, 07:58 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,853,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog2 View Post
Was it anywhere in South Florida? If so where were they located? I've never seen them. Unfortunately, so many stores are closing.
That's because everyone wants to buy everything on Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVVfJVj5z8s

Old 02-20-2020, 10:33 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Once all the retailers are gone, and all we have left is Amazon, we will all be very very sorry! We only buy stuff from Amazon we cannot find locally.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:56 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
That's because everyone wants to buy everything on Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVVfJVj5z8s
I don't buy groceries on Amazon, at least not fresh stuff. You really can't

Old 02-20-2020, 12:19 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,853,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Once all the retailers are gone, and all we have left is Amazon, we will all be very very sorry! We only buy stuff from Amazon we cannot find locally.
The problem is, the local stores are carrying less and less. So eventually, we will have to buy MOST things on Amazon.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:13 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
I buy NOTHING on Amazon, I hate that site for my own personal reasons. I do purchase many goods online; however, just not fresh groceries.

I don't think grocery stores will ever go away, most people want to shop in person.

Old 02-20-2020, 04:14 PM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I buy NOTHING on Amazon, I hate that site for my own personal reasons. I do purchase many goods online; however, just not fresh groceries.

I don't think grocery stores will ever go away, most people want to shop in person.
Right. I can't see myself replacing my grocery shopping with online deliveries. I like to see, touch, and smell what I'm buying. I've tried Instacart and Shipt before, and while they were OKAY, they could not pick out the items exactly how I like them.

Amazon is fine for certain things. I have an account, and I use it -- not for food though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida