Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 07:01 AM
aax

710 posts, read 497,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Entire Luckys at Tyrone Mall in St Pete under a 25% Discount, but the floor is almost TOTALLY depleted of groceries/wines/produce.

By the time February 1st comes around they may be down to just shelves and freezers.

Went there yesterday while visiting family here in the Suncoast.
Then take the shelves, freezers, if you have a truck to put them on. You may be able to use them for something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 09:28 AM

8,069 posts, read 4,744,624 times
Some liquidation sales will include selling the store fixtures. I guess it would depend on whether the departing company needs money more than they need the fixtures for other locations. In Lucky's case, they are keeping some stores open but probably not enough to warrant the extra expenditures of shipping or storing fixtures that they may or may not need in the future for those stores. It's a pretty safe bet they won't be opening any more new stores.

Also, if the space gets rented/sub-leased to a similar specialty grocer, they might leave that stuff for the new tenant to use, or toss it in as an incentive to sub-lease. When so many of the fixtures are basically new, I could see competitors making offers on the stuff and upgrading their own facilities. The fixtures in the closing Lucky's stores are likely in mint condition since the stores haven't been open all that long.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:49 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,847,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
You are able to order a sub with bread, meat, cheese and condiments and type in special requests today and last month on Publix dot com.
If that was the case, then why would Publix be teaming up with Instacart? If Publix's online ordering app/website was actually effective and online order/pickup was actually working well, why would Publix be turning to Instacart to provide an operational solution for pickup of made-to-order food? Instacart is going to be offering a digital deli counter that will be far and above anything Publix.com or the Publix app currently offer, with a wider variety of food options, customization options, delivery/pickup options, etc. Part of the reason for this I believe is that Publix staffers cannot be trusted to fill online orders efficiently or accurately. Not to mention Publix doesn't want to have to deal with online orders period as Publix is getting a lot of complaints over stolen/missing/incomplete/inaccurate pickup orders. Now, instead, Instacart will have the pickup food held in a secure fridge. And it will be Instacart shoppers (who get a lot of training in this very thing) ensuring those orders are correct.

Interesting how Publix is deepening its relationship with Instacart at a time when Shipt is much more favorably reviewed by consumers for its better customer service.

Last edited by sinatras; 01-26-2020 at 12:07 PM..

Old 01-26-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Speak for yourself. Still carries unique stuff you can't find at other places easily at a fair price

Trader Joe's over the past 20 years has declined in terms of product quality and innovation. I remember when you could count on ALL Trader Joe's products being amazing. That is no longer the case. Now you sort of have to be very very careful what you buy there. More often than not, I have to return something I bought there because it was awful. Last time it was the frozen skillet chocolate chip cookie. Absolute garbage.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Here in California, Sprouts is one of the stores where we shop regularly, in addition to Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and a closer traditional store, because Sprouts offers so many organic products at a reasonable price, and their list-making software works great, so it makes it easy to create lists for husband to pick up items. Also, Sprouts has a lot of sales of organic products and new products, at such deep discounts that we can try them out on Wednesday and then go back and stock up within the next week. If they are then sold out of the item, it's easy to get a raincheck. Nature's Path Organic steel cut oats were just $2.50 a week ago, and when Sprouts didn't have as many packages as he wanted to buy, they issued a raincheck so he could pick up more later, and their rain checks don't have an expiration date. Whole Foods does not issue rain checks at all.

We enjoy some Trader Joe's products, but they offer a much more limited selection of organic frozen meals and pantry staples, and they have been less forthcoming when I have tried to get origin information for products, such as frozen fish.

Sprouts is great. They have many of the great brands at WF for cheaper. I try to buy everything organic so I flitter among Sprouts, Walmart, Aldi and Whole Foods trying to find the best deals on the best quality organics.

Last edited by sinatras; 01-26-2020 at 01:16 PM..

Old 01-26-2020, 01:48 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
If that was the case, then why would Publix be teaming up with Instacart? If Publix's online ordering app/website was actually effective and online order/pickup was actually working well, why would Publix be turning to Instacart to provide an operational solution for pickup of made-to-order food? Instacart is going to be offering a digital deli counter that will be far and above anything Publix.com or the Publix app currently offer, with a wider variety of food options, customization options, delivery/pickup options, etc. Part of the reason for this I believe is that Publix staffers cannot be trusted to fill online orders efficiently or accurately. Not to mention Publix doesn't want to have to deal with online orders period as Publix is getting a lot of complaints over stolen/missing/incomplete/inaccurate pickup orders. Now, instead, Instacart will have the pickup food held in a secure fridge. And it will be Instacart shoppers (who get a lot of training in this very thing) ensuring those orders are correct.

Interesting how Publix is deepening its relationship with Instacart at a time when Shipt is much more favorably reviewed by consumers for its better customer service.
You'll have to ask an employee or the higher-ups in Lakeland why... 100% of what a business does doesn't have to be done in-house, even if it is a big business. Many businesses are started by the newbies approaching established companies explaining how their product or service will improve their bottom line.

Regardless of how the online services will happen in the future, I don't think it is a big deal. Instacart Meals is a service that they want to expand to ALL of their retail clients so that all of a store's products are available for delivery or curbside pickup. Publix, their largest client, was the guinea pig. I'm sure Shipt, who is Lucky's official partner will do something similar soon if not already. Maybe their X prepared food will be available via Shipt in Melbourne and Colorado soon. (I put an X because despite their deli and cafe display being more visually appealing and seemingly more abundant than Publix, I've never heard anyone rave about a specific deli or cafe offering other than the sip and stroll.) I had to find a way to stay on topic haha.

Theft and inaccurate orders aren't limited to Publix. I'm sure everyone is dealing with the growing pains of this phenomenon.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mo...ins-2017-11-21

While Instacart is the official parter for Publix, Shipt offers Publix as an option. You can even use Instacart at Target, and Target owns Shipt. Instacart is also the official partner for Aldi, Earth Fare, Sprouts, WEGMANS almighty, etc. Again, I don't get the pickiness with Publix using them.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:34 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Trader Joe's over the past 20 years has declined in terms of product quality and innovation. I remember when you could count on ALL Trader Joe's products being amazing. That is no longer the case. Now you sort of have to be very very careful what you buy there. More often than not, I have to return something I bought there because it was awful. Last time it was the frozen skillet chocolate chip cookie. Absolute garbage.
Still love my dark chocolate covered espresso beans and freeze dried raspberry and banana snacks....

Old 01-27-2020, 05:43 AM
aax

710 posts, read 497,652 times
We don't need Instacart. Just means more cars clogging up Orlando roads.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
We don't need Instacart. Just means more cars clogging up Orlando roads.
Vs the cars that would be there getting things themselves? Try to apply a little logic here

Old 01-27-2020, 09:23 PM

84 posts, read 60,407 times
Aldi and Publix named as buyer for several Lucky's stores. Lucky's has filed for bankruptcy, I doubt they'll be around much longer, someone may snag the Colorado stores.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...or-bankruptcy/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida