U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-14-2015, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 14,613,095 times
Reputation: 6053

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
It's bad because it means that workers can be fired for any reason whatsoever. It also lowers wages and worsens working conditions.
You are wrong. Right to Work has nothing to do with "firing for any reason" That is "employment at will" and 49 states are "employment at will". Montana has a limited "employment at will" law.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2015, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 14,613,095 times
Reputation: 6053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
So I guess it comes down to as employees we have very little rights.

Employer must provide a clean, safe and non hostile work environment, a paycheck.

Employees must provide work or services commensurate with the level of pay, otherwise they dont have to work there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2015, 05:45 PM
 
12,022 posts, read 12,671,811 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
It's bad because it means that workers can be fired for any reason whatsoever. It also lowers wages and worsens working conditions.

Do companies care? Of course not. They just see the workers as slaves and if you show signs of weakness or any desire to have a life outside of work- off with your head and onto another slave.
Rtw says nothing of the sort, it simply allows the "right to work"without joining a union as a condition iof employment.

Why do liberals keep propagating that lie?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2015, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
2,983 posts, read 4,179,388 times
Reputation: 3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Rtw says nothing of the sort, it simply allows the "right to work"without joining a union as a condition iof employment.

Why do liberals keep propagating that lie?
It's not a liberal thing. I know many conservatives who are also misinformed about RTW. I also know quite a few conservatives who are union members. I don't think most of them are bright enough to see the irony.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2015, 07:45 PM
 
12,022 posts, read 12,671,811 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
It's not a liberal thing. I know many conservatives who are also misinformed about RTW. I also know quite a few conservatives who are union members. I don't think most of them are bright enough to see the irony.
Yup. I know plenty of "conservatives" mad at Obama for messing with their medicare and I know plenty of liberals who get annoyed when they start paying more taxes as their income goes up
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2015, 10:04 AM
 
1 posts, read 664 times
Reputation: 10
I think it's wrong for employers to fire for no cause or bogus reasons. If you no longer want to have someone employed under your business then lay them off and let them collect unemployment. But just don't fire them because you "don't like them". And "Employment at will" is just a. Scam for the employer. Worker rights come ahead of employer rights. If you are an employer in this country its is a privilege not a right. Workers have a rights. What if all workers decided to stop working, what would employers do then?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2015, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 14,613,095 times
Reputation: 6053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosk View Post
I think it's wrong for employers to fire for no cause or bogus reasons. If you no longer want to have someone employed under your business then lay them off and let them collect unemployment. But just don't fire them because you "don't like them". And "Employment at will" is just a. Scam for the employer. Worker rights come ahead of employer rights. If you are an employer in this country its is a privilege not a right. Workers have a rights. What if all workers decided to stop working, what would employers do then?
If you get fired from a job due to no fault of your own you can get unemployment. Employment at will is a 2 way street. An employee can join a company, get training and leave the job without notice or reason and benefit elsewhere from the training provided by the previous employer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top