Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 05:17 AM

811 posts, read 887,893 times

Advertisements

A second lockdown will destroy the State and this country. As if 38 million Americans on unemployment wasn’t enough. The Black Lives Matter protests were also about the lockdowns. A lot of young people were fed up with being unemployed, locked in their house and saw the BLM protests as an outlet. The second lockdown will cause mass Civil unrest unlike anything this nation has seen in our lifetimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 05:26 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
I am glad to hear it. Apparently, there was a record-shattering 9000 new cases reported today. If the death rate is lower, it is only because those getting sick are younger and those who are at risk are taking precautions, even putting their life on hold. So, yeah, as long as half the population is afraid to leave their house, we can put partying on hold.
Or, we could see tens of thousands of deaths with Florida's older population. Especially when many don't even believe in the virus. At this rate, Florida could easily overtake the lead from texas for the most cases and deaths.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:58 AM

27,188 posts, read 43,886,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Transplant View Post
A second lockdown will destroy the State and this country. As if 38 million Americans on unemployment wasn’t enough. The Black Lives Matter protests were also about the lockdowns. A lot of young people were fed up with being unemployed, locked in their house and saw the BLM protests as an outlet. The second lockdown will cause mass Civil unrest unlike anything this nation has seen in our lifetimes.
Weirdly enough states that had the leadership and a less todder-like population that managed to hang on a few more weeks saw no civil unrest and are reopening their economies in a more prudent manner, aren't seeing any "unrest" or destruction of society.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:00 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,371,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post

It's the only way Folks....No other Avenues for now.

We in FL may have to act like NY already is or wants to...Anyone coming into the State from States with high cases or Countries with the same problems, QUARANTINE bound..
NY went hard to combat this. A lot of things are still not open here. We have suffered greatly but I believe NY did the right thing in opening slowly & systematically

Old 06-27-2020, 10:10 AM

9,526 posts, read 16,510,276 times
Since 9000 or so new cases were reported yesterday. Just how many more thousands have the virus in Florida. Obviously that is the case. Thousands around us and possible ourselves have it. Even those of us that have been very strict with precautions since this started in late Feb early March. So its obvious where this virus is going to go, since no precautions are being taken that need to be taken immediately. Is everyone ready for that level of a tragedy. I guess if its older people that end up paying the price that is ok for many. Or I would say so for all the young ones that live with relatives in many of Florida's Retirement Communities. I see them in mine, going in and out with thier young friends and using the facilities here with no masks. God only knows where they have been, outside the community with no masks on.

The majority of us have never even been tested. I think this situation is like a sinking ship now. Every man for himself. One has to do whatever they can do to protect themselves. If people come near you without a mask, tell them I'm sorry but I can't be near you. If you can get your groceries on whatever you need on line. Do it. I was disgusted with the Pest Control and AC people coming to my home with no masks. Or all those damn people in Walmart wandering about with no masks. One look at them one can basically tell their belief system, and how they conduct themselves in life. Yes its time to forget the politeness about this subject. In places like Florida, Texas and the rest of the ones that don't care. Wear a mask or stay the hell away from people doing their part to get rid of this virus. Obviously the ignorance and selfishness or these regions, will kill us all if we are not very careful now. Worst of all since so many hideous politicians run these areas, it should be common sense to protect yourself from so many thoughtless people. In fact Florida should be ashamed of itself for these massive totals, that could have been prevented. However I don't notice a high level of intelligence in the state. Or for that matter. Just what the Hell does Florida actually care about even in good times. My guess its whatever revenue people bring into the state. That's about it money.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:11 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
9585 new cases today. We're blowing up. Governor doesn't think masks are called for.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:45 AM

25,716 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
9585 new cases today. We're blowing up. Governor doesn't think masks are called for.
How many more tests are being administered? Case numbers along are meaningless.

What if case number increased by 100%, but number of tests increased 200%? That means our infection rate is plummeting.

I was at mass testing site yesterday, and had to wait 2.5 hours in line. Hundreds of cars, maybe Thousands went through there yesterday.

Can anyone shed lihgt on the infection rate trend in Florida now versus weeks and months ago?

The death rate now vs. weeks and months ago?

Without these figures, Florida might be getting better, or Florida might be getting worse....cases, and deaths alone don't mean anything.

We need the ratio's, and trends of the ratio's.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:53 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,747,649 times
But cases and deaths were everything when NY/NYC was in the lead.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:55 AM

18,432 posts, read 8,264,501 times
the devil is in the details....over 40,000 more tests from Mom to Fri....a tad over twice as many tests on Fri as there were on Mon

Mon 6/22.......37,390 tested.........3825 positive...10.82%

Tues 6/23.......36,328 tested.........5461 positive....15.84%

Wed 6/24........57,904 tested........4966 positive.....08.91%

Thurs 6/25......71,396 tested.........8831 positive.....12.93%

Fri 6/26...........78,345 tested.........9636 positive.....12.82%

https://www.wfla.com/community/healt...sting-day-yet/

Last edited by Corrie22; 06-27-2020 at 11:41 AM..

Old 06-27-2020, 12:56 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,747,649 times
Yep. "Dude, we gotta get our tests done by Friday or else we will have to wait until Monday..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida