Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 06:22 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Eh - not the inbred mutants part. There's enough dilution of genetic swamp juice in the country to prevent mutation as a result of inbreeding.

In Florida and Georgia though - it's legal to marry your own first cousin. (I just looked it up - fact!)
Florida marriage and family law is often a holdover from the time when it was the last frontier state east of the Mississippi River. It's only been updated grudgingly and irregularly since then.

Remember that this is the same state the didn't criminalize 'baa means no' until the 21st century and it took three attempts at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 07:01 PM

14,951 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
If it weren't for transplants, Florida would still be Native Americans, and no one else.

Fast forward to the last 100 years - if it weren't for transplants, you'd have a bunch of inbred mutants, a couple of Native American reservations, and no one else.

Be grateful people are still interested in moving to Florida at all.
Nearly all Americans are transplants. It's not that , it's the personalities of the transplants. If your not a karen or a charter member of the bitc* and moan club... you're welcome here.

I suspect you check both boxes.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:55 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,358,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
So many New Yorkers were fleeing to Florida during the height of the New York covid-19 death wave, that Florida Governor DeSantis put up a road block on I-95, the major interstate that carries the New Yorkers into Florida.

This was done to dissuade New Yorkers from coming to Florida, or at least slow the migration. Each car was stopped, and each occupant had to provide personal information so that a 2 week quarrantine could be enforced against them.

That is as strict of a measure I've seen from any Governor, one that was later followed by other Governors, yet DeSantis has been called "wreckless" for his approach to covid-19.

I'll let Florida's results speak for themselves. Florida's a large state by land mass, yet has ~1/2 the deaths-per-million than the tiny state of Delaware has....Joe Biden's State. Florida still has ~1/5th the deaths per million as New Jersey, & New York.
Just wait until the deaths catch up with the cases of Covid 19 that have been escalating. Honestly, you must be a relative of DeSantis or Trump, your posts never cease to amaze.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Just wait until the deaths catch up with the cases of Covid 19 that have been escalating. Honestly, you must be a relative of DeSantis or Trump, your posts never cease to amaze.
I guess you don't recognize reality and truth... and you wishing for more death?

Old 08-03-2020, 12:57 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,358,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I guess you don't recognize reality and truth... and you wishing for more death?
What an outrageous statement on your part. No i don't wish death on anyone. There is a lag time between the illness and the deaths that follow- Delaware had there spike long ago, Florida has theirs now. Please don't make me stereotype Tennessee people by your logic; it is unfair to most from your state.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:02 PM

9,374 posts, read 8,342,991 times
Quote:
What an outrageous statement on your part. No i don't wish death on anyone. There is a lag time between the illness and the deaths that follow- Delaware had there spike long ago, Florida has theirs now. Please don't make me stereotype Tennessee people by your logic; it is unfair to most from your state.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Justabystander again.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:48 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,779,558 times
Quote:
Nope deaths dropping a LOT

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...8ddedb9b25e429

7 yesterday and 14 the day before. Mind you they change a bit in all States as the reports are sent in, but minimal in Fl compared to the cases.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
You introduced "death" as part of your post. Are you threatening to unleash your identity politics, cancel culture and intolerance on me? please do.

*PS I live in Florida and Tennessee so give it your best shot

Bless your heart

Old 08-04-2020, 07:50 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,247,714 times
The Weather Channel, owned by IBM, must be part of the hoax and TDS.
OMG, Tech is now part of TDS.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:53 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,390,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Nearly all Americans are transplants. It's not that , it's the personalities of the transplants. If your not a karen or a charter member of the bitc* and moan club... you're welcome here.

I suspect you check both boxes.
Depends on the situation. If something pisses me off well enough, I become a full-fledged Karen. I pick and choose my battles though, and I don't get arrested when I talk to the manager

As for the whine and moan club - I hate Florida. Always have. Been here in the 1980's, hated it then. Hate it now. But circumstances have led me to return to Florida. If my community were in the desert I'd be happy. If the state accepted the great responsibility of ensuring that the children of today would become the BEST, most intelligent, expressive, capable, articulate, and competent possible options for the government of tomorrow, I'd be happy.

But none of that is true.

So I ignore most of it, most of the time. Until someone brings up the topics. And then I pull out my official whine and moan club membership card.

If you have a problem with that - maybe move to a country where whine and moan membership cards are null and void. I hear there are job openings at Burger King in North Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida