Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2022, 08:27 AM

34,995 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Someone else can report from other publications if they want. I've been reporting from WoM for the past couple of years and don't want to use multiple sources. I do cross check the reported cases/deaths on WOD with the NYT, CDC, Mayo Clinic and Florida Dept of Health now and then and the numbers are very similar.
There must be other interesting material about Covid in Florida. Or maybe Florida does not have the Branch Covidians that populate New York's and California's elites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 08:45 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There must be other interesting material about Covid in Florida. Or maybe Florida does not have the Branch Covidians that populate New York's and California's elites.
I don't know what a Branch Covidian is, sorry.

I was in Waco Texas from February 1993 through February 1994, nothing to do with the Branch Davidians. I travelled 1 to 2 weeks a month to my client there. It was interesting being in Waco at the time, hotels were mostly sold out, FBI/ATF agents on airplanes, out to lunch and dinner. Strange sad times.

Old 04-29-2022, 10:36 AM

34,995 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:

I was in Waco Texas from February 1993 through February 1994, nothing to do with the Branch Davidians. I travelled 1 to 2 weeks a month to my client there. It was interesting being in Waco at the time, hotels were mostly sold out, FBI/ATF agents on airplanes, out to lunch and dinner. Strange sad times.
Branch Covidian is a jocular term, for those that want to burn down society to control the spread of a disease that, whatever it once was, is no more than a cold or, in bad cases a flu. See link to T-shirt with Branch Covidian meme (link).

Old 04-29-2022, 07:54 PM

Default Thursday 04/28/2022 Update

Date...................Total Cases.....Total Deaths....New Cases.....New Deaths....Today's Tests
Wed 04/27............5,960,305........73,927
Thur 04/28............5,964,989........73,948........... 4,684...............21..............40,940

Old 04-29-2022, 10:52 PM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
Quote:

The joke clearly flew right over your head and needs to be explained in detail.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
The joke clearly flew right over your head and needs to be explained in detail.
Not really. Since I was in Waco during the Branch Davidian siege and standoff where 77 people died, I simply thought the "joke" was in bad taste.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:18 PM

Default Friday 04/29/2022 Update

Date...................Total Cases.....Total Deaths....New Cases.....New Deaths....Today's Tests
Thur 04/28...........5,964,989........73,948
Fri 04/29..............5,969,659........73,948........... 4,670...............NR..............43,781

Old 04-30-2022, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Not really. Since I was in Waco during the Branch Davidian siege and standoff where 77 people died, I simply thought the "joke" was in bad taste.
Quote:
By your own admission you didn’t understand the joke, and now you’re saying you do understand the joke. You can’t have it both ways, choose one or the other.

You’re not getting it, so I’ll be blunt: Your obsession with this pandemic is more than creepy, and nobody cares about daily statistics almost four years later. Most have already moved on to other more pressing affairs. I know you don’t get it, and may be even incapable of getting it, but the people saying you are alone in your obsession are right, or that you can count the number of people who care on one hand.

Old 04-30-2022, 09:21 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
By your own admission you didn’t understand the joke, and now you’re saying you do understand the joke. You can’t have it both ways, choose one or the other.

You’re not getting it, so I’ll be blunt: Your obsession with this pandemic is more than creepy, and nobody cares about daily statistics almost four years later. Most have already moved on to other more pressing affairs. I know you don’t get it, and may be even incapable of getting it, but the people saying you are alone in your obsession are right, or that you can count the number of people who care on one hand.
You obsession with people who monitor covid statistics is creepy. I know you don’t get it but you are alone on your obsession over people listing a few simple numbers.

May I suggest putting down your phone or keyboard and going on a nice walk outside away from the right wing talking points instead? Weather in Florida is lovely right now and might help you clear your head from your unhealthy obsessions.

Old 04-30-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
You obsession with people who monitor covid statistics is creepy. I know you don’t get it but you are alone on your obsession over people listing a few simple numbers.

May I suggest putting down your phone or keyboard and going on a nice walk outside away from the right wing talking points instead? Weather in Florida is lovely right now and might help you clear your head from your unhealthy obsessions.
I’m not alone at all. I actually have 2 more people with me. I’ll save you the trouble and post them here for your reference;

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Branch Covidian is a jocular term, for those that want to burn down society to control the spread of a disease that, whatever it once was, is no more than a cold or, in bad cases a flu. See link to T-shirt with Branch Covidian meme (link).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Nobody except you and SanyBelle gives a crap about these nonsense COVID numbers anymore. Just thought I'd let you know.
I’m a democrat, mind you, not right wing at all.

My total of a few posts on this thread have no comparison with 87 pages of boring statistics.

Lastly it’s pouring down rain, hard in this part of the state so no I think I will stay inside my cozy abode.

ETA I noticed upthread that you find Florida’s handling of the pandemic “disgusting”. You should just save everyone the trouble and move to some other state while you’re ahead of the game if this state is so “disgusting” to you.

Last edited by StarryKnight1; 04-30-2022 at 10:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida