Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 10:04 AM

417 posts, read 267,388 times

Advertisements

My recommendation would be for everyone to turn off the Network news and especially any cable news and talk to your neighbors. Maybe then people would start forming their own opinions and quit sounding like a bunch of wanker talking points.

But we know that will never happen as most are to attuned to group think. Sad really.

But.....

Still time to enjoy another Great Florida Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Of course there are unbiased sources but if you only want to have your own biases reinforced why even ask if they exist?

Question everything!
Sorry, there are very few that are not even liberal or moderately liberal, so what you are saying is only partially correct. I side with the OP.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:10 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
My recommendation would be for everyone to turn off the Network news and especially any cable news and talk to your neighbors. Maybe then people would start forming their own opinions and quit sounding like a bunch of wanker talking points.
That would be my neighbors that called the cops for suspicious people in the area over us using a black-owned paving company to replace our driveway a couple years back? (Interestingly, in an area where blacks make up 10% of the local population, they own about 75% of the local paving and concrete companies here)

Yep, I've got a pretty good idea what their points of view are.

Other neighbors- the really nice conservationists who are sadly moving soon, the party house across the street, the military folks who don't talk politics in public ever, and the guy who has not talked to us for 15 years since we asked him to not put his yard waste on our lawn for pick up.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Is there any major local FL newspaper that is NOT liberal?
Or even leaning right, like supporting Trump or republicans...
There are not many anywhere in the country I don't think.. Our daughter and son in law stopped taking the Orlando paper for that reason. They got tired of the slant to the left. Our paper here in AR used to lean very much to the right and had mostly right leaning columnists but did give both sides. Now it has swung so far left we hardly remember the days of fairness. My husband was reporter for the Los Angeles Times in the fairness days. We lived in San Gab. Valley CA when their paper was fair and balanced. The same when my husband worked for the so bay paper in Torrance CA.

To be honest and I am not plugging CD, I get a better cross section of information and opinions from spending time here on CD Political thread

Old 06-16-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Because nobody provides straight news. The only option is biased news. Most people prefer news that's biased in their favor over news that's biased against them.
No most of us prefer hearing both sides, reading columns on both sides and getting a cross opinion of information. Certainly it is nice to hear the side you are on speaking, but both sides need to be heard. I am always amazed when people who think they are well informed but do not watch any TV net work news or read any paper. How is that informed? No, just watching the market isn't enough. I guess whatever works for us

Old 06-16-2020, 11:06 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
LOL.........and just as easy for you to do it too....too complicated for a liberal?

every one of those are true...and there's there tons more...and every one of them is "real news" she reported as "real news"
....then goes to court and claims she doesn't report news....it's all opinion

If you guys would look at more than just liberal confirmation news...you'd know it
Just as I suspected, you can't produce the links because THEY DON'T EXIST.

Don't forget to book your flight and sign up for the Tulsa rally ticket on Saturday before everything's booked up. You can leave your mask at home, they'll be passing out the new and improved Russian imports at the door.

Old 06-16-2020, 04:03 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Just as I suspected....and just as easy for you to do it too....too complicated for a liberal?

You can't google Rachel Maddow sued...

Rachel Maddow NSA Intercept

Rachel Maddow Trump's taxes

....try it

"the liberal TV host argued that her assessment of OAN as "paid Russian propaganda" qualifies as opinion and thus isn't actionable."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...-fails-1249224

"By Maddow’s own telling, MSNBC received the document two days after the Intercept published it for the entire world to see."
https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/e...-full-of-holes

"By the time Maddow got to the release—which came via Daily Beast reporter David Cay Johnston—the White House had already released the pertinent information from the documents, and half a dozen sites had published stories based on it."
https://fortune.com/2017/03/15/rache...w-trump-taxes/

Old 06-17-2020, 06:04 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Just as I suspected....and just as easy for you to do it too....too complicated for a liberal?

You can't google Rachel Maddow sued...

Rachel Maddow NSA Intercept

Rachel Maddow Trump's taxes

....try it

"the liberal TV host argued that her assessment of OAN as "paid Russian propaganda" qualifies as opinion and thus isn't actionable."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...-fails-1249224

"By Maddow’s own telling, MSNBC received the document two days after the Intercept published it for the entire world to see."
https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/e...-full-of-holes

"By the time Maddow got to the release—which came via Daily Beast reporter David Cay Johnston—the White House had already released the pertinent information from the documents, and half a dozen sites had published stories based on it."
https://fortune.com/2017/03/15/rache...w-trump-taxes/
This is all garbage, and the first two are from questionable sources.

I'm more and more convinced you're a bot. Just curious if you are based in Moscow or Saint Petersburg?

Old 06-17-2020, 06:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
They sure have. Being taken over by a bunch of extremists now. I still can't figure out how they ended up with a rapist, pedophile, senile old man as their flag bearer this cycle though.
And the Republican Party ended up with a reality TV star who is a con man, crook, liar, and ignorant of anything about the world, as our President. Yet people like you elected him and want to again!

Old 06-17-2020, 06:24 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post

But we know that will never happen as most are to attuned to group think. Sad really.
LOL. My neighbors are all Right Wing crazies! I chuckle about how they say they are registered Independent. But if we ask them how they vote, they always say they only vote Republican.

Others say they have quit following the news. Obviously, they don’t want to have to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida