Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 02:53 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,855,495 times

Advertisements

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...253168148.html

On Saturday Florida reported more new COVID-19 cases to the Centers for Disease Control than any previous day in the coronavirus pandemic: 21,683.
That’s a 12.1% jump over the previous record, Jan. 7’s 19,334 cases during the worst month of the pandemic.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:20 PM

4,025 posts, read 1,879,736 times
The number of cases does not matter. The number of hospitalizations does. Is it more or less than "back then?"

This was never about the sheer number of cases - more people have a cold - but about how many of them needed a doctor.

I do not know the answer - it's not in your OP - but - how many people need a hospital right now, compared to the worst day a 6 or 8 months back?

In other words - if EVERYONE had covid - but NO ONE needed a hospital - then it would be over.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:22 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times
I for one am very thankful for Gov DeSantis. I don't live in Florida anymore, but I live very close to the state line and go to Florida often.

He's shown a modicum of respect for individual liberty and human rights that is rare among politicians.

Could you imagine if Gillum had won? Florida really dodged a bullet there.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:40 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,751,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
The number of cases does not matter. The number of hospitalizations does. Is it more or less than "back then?"

This was never about the sheer number of cases - more people have a cold - but about how many of them needed a doctor.

I do not know the answer - it's not in your OP - but - how many people need a hospital right now, compared to the worst day a 6 or 8 months back?

In other words - if EVERYONE had covid - but NO ONE needed a hospital - then it would be over.
And Florida hospitalizations are breaking records. Advent Health, one of Orlando’s two major systems, are turning away surgeries that can wait.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...set-in-january

I wonder what role “SeniorsFirstTM” played in younger people’s perceptions of whether they needed the vaccine. This is not just DeSantis/Florida, but everywhere. Also, in the post that got removed, i mentioned that a group that is NOT talked about much with refusal or hesitancy are the health nuts. They may have been okay with the initial strain using their (also non-FDA approved!!!!) “immune-boosting” dietary supplements and leaning on their personal health, but delta looks to be a different beast.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:48 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
And Florida hospitalizations are breaking records. Advent Health, one of Orlando’s two major systems, are turning away surgeries that can wait.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...set-in-january

I wonder what role “SeniorsFirstTM” played in younger people’s perceptions of whether they needed the vaccine. This is not just DeSantis/Florida, but everywhere. Also, in the post that got removed, i mentioned that a group that is NOT talked about much with refusal or hesitancy are the health nuts. They may have been okay with the initial strain using their (also non-FDA approved!!!!) “immune-boosting” dietary supplements and leaning on their personal health, but delta looks to be a different beast.
Two aspects that you may not have considered are those that decline the vaccine do so because 1) injury and/or loss of healthy loved one(s) after vaccination and 2) full recovery from mild or asymptomatic COVID infection.

As I fit into both categories I can speak with some authority if you are open-minded enough to listen.

Delta infection reporting is binary, vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. The recent UK report where 60% of hospitalizations are "unvaccinated" neglects to highlight that 40% of hospitalizations ARE vaccinated. Nothing to see here....

But where is the reporting in regards to Delta infections of those that previously recovered from earlier variants?

Old 07-31-2021, 09:15 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,751,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Two aspects that you may not have considered are those that decline the vaccine do so because 1) injury and/or loss of healthy loved one(s) after vaccination and 2) full recovery from mild or asymptomatic COVID infection.

As I fit into both categories I can speak with some authority if you are open-minded enough to listen.

Delta infection reporting is binary, vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. The recent UK report where 60% of hospitalizations are "unvaccinated" neglects to highlight that 40% of hospitalizations ARE vaccinated. Nothing to see here....

But where is the reporting in regards to Delta infections of those that previously recovered from earlier variants?
What’s up with the assumption that I wouldn’t be open-minded? And I’m a consumer of “health nut” stuff, so I am familiar with the many arguments (and elitist crap talk) from that side of things.

And the UK has two vaccines that we aren’t using here.

Last edited by boy3365; 07-31-2021 at 09:32 PM..

Old 07-31-2021, 09:40 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
Of course it made national headlines as a “disaster”, the lamestream liberal propaganda media has it out for him.

A check of the CDC website shows FL % of people vaccinated on par with or better than several Democrat governor states, like NV, MI, WI, MN and NY.

And again, the vaccine has been readily available for anyone who wants it for about 3-4 months now. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, why is it DeSantis’ fault?

If DeSantis was worried about power, then why did he sign bills into law that took power away from the office of the governor?

He also knows that masks are worthless.
This is idiocy, and ignoring their effectiveness will ensure Covid is the new normal.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:54 PM

368 posts, read 304,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
This is idiocy, and ignoring their effectiveness will ensure Covid is the new normal.
https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...ountry=GBR~SWE

UK = near 100% mask wearing compliance for over a year, under penalty of fines and prison

Sweden = No mask mandate

Then there’s North Dakota and South Dakota.

Here’s your reality check. SARS-CoV-2 is endemic now. It won’t go away until virus.next replaces it.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:06 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...ountry=GBR~SWE

UK = near 100% mask wearing compliance for over a year, under penalty of fines and prison

Sweden = No mask mandate

Then there’s North Dakota and South Dakota.

Here’s your reality check. SARS-CoV-2 is endemic now. It won’t go away until virus.next replaces it.
Good luck with that. Hopefully your health insurance is robust.

Old 08-01-2021, 04:03 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,226,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post

As of Friday there were 9329 hospitalized Covid patients in Florida. The highest point previously was January 14 with 7762 cases. There were less than 2000 daily hospitalized patients through most of June.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida