Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 06:28 PM

30,143 posts, read 20,857,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Science denial as sport, the cool new pastime!
Just like he told me and us we are colder in FL now than in the 1980's. When had all them super freezes in 1981-82-83-84-85 and 89. And 20's in 1980 and 86. That did it for me. We have not been close to the 19f to 24f in Tampa for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2020, 06:32 PM

18,206 posts, read 8,024,162 times
Quote:
To even suggest that it's more than a coincidence is laughable. And I used to live down there and still have close ties, and have been following this thread. I'll 'drive by' whenever I feel like it, thank you.
no what's laughable is if you had been following Ventusky and Windy...you would know that they have been consistently right with their predictions...5 days out...and the NHC has not

drive by was referring to your drive by snarky comment and not adding anything to this discussion

Old 08-22-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Just like he told me and us we are colder in FL now than in the 1980's. When had all them super freezes in 1981-82-83-84-85 and 89. And 20's in 1980 and 86. That did it for me. We have not been close to the 19f to 24f in Tampa for years.
I never told to you that....what I told you is that we still have cold weather..and we still have freezes....and we do
..and I gave you the links to the official temperature records for your area to prove it

the closest official temperature record to you...New Port Richey at the time....was Tampa International
...I also gave you the links so you could look it up yourself

I never said it was colder

Old 08-22-2020, 06:36 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,819,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
no what's laughable is if you had been following Ventusky and Windy...you would know that they have been consistently right with their predictions...5 days out...and the NHC has not

drive by was referring to your drive by snarky comment and not adding anything to this discussion
It was an attempt at humor, that clearly went over your head. Sorry.

Old 08-22-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
It was an attempt at humor, that clearly went over your head. Sorry.
then my fault...and I apologize....really

Old 08-22-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I never told to you that....what I told you is that we still have cold weather..and we still have freezes....and we do
..and I gave you the links to the official temperature records for your area to prove it

the closest official temperature record to you...New Port Richey at the time....was Tampa International
...I also gave you the links so you could look it up yourself

I never said it was colder
You sure did and if i felt like finding it i would. I sure went off about it. A mode removed our post. I am not in NPR or ever lived there.

You keep posting that it is not warming up and the heating has been insane with a faster and faster ramp up.

I had winter after winter with lows of 19f to 24 in the 80's. I have yet to see anything close to them temps and never will again in my lifetime. Not sure how old you are or if you were in FL in the 80's.

But i have kept records since the 70's and seen the big changes. We don't get the cold weather we did or freezes like we did in the 80's.

I have not any temps below 32 last winter or the winter before or before that. Not even in the 30's at all for 2019 and only 37f was the coldest last winter and now i am well north of Tampa on the gulf until i buy another house south of Tampa to flip.

As far as the cane center and other sites that forecast storms they all mess up one time or another brother.

Old 08-23-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
well then find it....because I never told you it was colder now..you were saying you never got freezes any more
...I showed you the TPA record....showing you did

no your not in NPR.....Hudson....NPR was the closed temp record....and the longest closest is TPA international
I have not been in Tampa since 04 and live right on the gulf so i don't see them temps that places do inland.

I can't find what a mod removed. I am north of Cedar key now until the house gets built as i tore down the old house like a silly mouse.

All anyone can do as well as YOU is look at the above normal temps vs below normal since 2011 and see what wins. And the above normal temps win by a million miles. It does not get cold anymore and has not for years. What you think is cold and what i think is cold is a horse of a diff color. And you are 300 miles south of me were it really never does get cold. That area was only cold during the super freezes in the 80's and the big snow event in Jan 1977. Every 5 years we are seeing big jumps in heating.

Guess you were not even born in the 80's or lived in FL long enough to understand.

Old 08-23-2020, 06:13 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,618,211 times
And yesterday out on nowhere, on mostly a Dry and Low Temperature Day we got a 30 minute Thundershower around 7 PM..Perfect enough to dump good ammounts of water.

It was 84 degrres at 1PM and the Weather people said it felt like 96..One dammed lie, it was acuratelly a feeling of wamth with no humidity and the Oven Not On.

Old 08-23-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
And yesterday out on nowhere, on mostly a Dry and Low Temperature Day we got a 30 minute Thundershower around 7 PM..Perfect enough to dump good ammounts of water.

It was 84 degrres at 1PM and the Weather people said it felt like 96..One dammed lie, it was acuratelly a feeling of wamth with no humidity and the Oven Not On.
It was nice and cloudy all day ray for Sat. If i never saw the sun again in the summer it would be too soon.

Did get some rain for once Fri. So 2.25" total for this month. Gonna be hard to get my normal rainfall for the month unless we get real lucky.

Old 08-23-2020, 06:39 AM

9,295 posts, read 14,184,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
It was 84 degrees at 1PM and the Weather people said it felt like 96..One dammed lie, it was accurately a feeling of warmth with no humidity
I've always felt that 84 degrees feels like 84 degrees, 96 degrees feels like 96 degrees, 32 degrees feels like 32 degrees, and x degrees of humidity at certain temperatures feel like x degrees of humidity at certain temperatures.

As soon as I learned not to touch a hot stove and not to play with matches, I've paid little or no attention to what other people say 84 or 96 or whatever other number should feel like.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't think the NHS is worthless. It is primarily a military tool, secondarily the website is an entertainment and attention-getting product for the masses, like teflon.

So it serves its purposes.

There are other tools available for those individuals among the masses who want a more in-depth and accurate knowledge of weather systems and how they may or may not affect them meaningfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida