Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 03:36 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,078,539 times

Advertisements

Mayberry?

Old 09-13-2020, 03:36 PM

72 posts, read 42,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
St. Augustine area. St. Johns County. Very republican and conservative area and far removed from Jacksonville crime problems yet convenient enough for a day trip to the airport or another big city amenity.

Doesn't st augustine have a large homeless population?

Old 09-13-2020, 03:37 PM

1,332 posts, read 2,169,387 times
Then you shouldn't have any problems. Just don't wear a Trump hat in a democratic stronghold. It's almost like wearing a kick me sign. Otherwise, most Floridians are too narcissistic and self-absorbed to give a rat's booty about you and your politics and what you are doing. Florida hasn't had anywhere near the rioting and garbage that other states have had. There are plenty of apolitical people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_marlowe View Post
I avoid all political events. I don't even discuss politics with strangers in public. Not worth risking my safety. I wish I lived somewhere where I didn't have that fear.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:12 PM

What about Westchase in Hillsborough or Vero Beach?

Last edited by r_marlowe; 09-13-2020 at 05:07 PM..

Old 09-13-2020, 04:59 PM

786 posts, read 615,307 times
Quote:
We're a young professional couple looking to leave the big cities and live in a safe, small-ish town that has low risk of civil unrest/riots following the election. Based on our requirements below, where would you recommend? Keep in mind this list represents our absolute ideal, so resist the urge to reply with "nowhere fits all of your criteria." Let me know if I can clarify anything.

• Low crime (no ghettos or sketchy areas)
  • No homeless
  • Lots of young professionals
  • Not a lot of blue-haired, tattoed weirdos
  • Lean Republican (focus on fiscal conservatism and law enforcement)
  • New urbanist or master planned
  • Luxury apartments
  • Bikeable
  • Walkable main street
  • Luxury apartments
  • Near the beach/nature
  • Don't care about "nightlife", bars, etc.
  • Work from home, so don't care about jobs/commuting

I've done a bit of research on this so far, and it seems like Naples and Walton County/30A may be a good fit?

Thank you
Are you sure you want to move to Florida?
You are not going to find all those things on the list.
You are going to have to decide if you want the Luxury and deal with Left Wing politics or Right Wing Politics and deal with 55+ Crowd.

Old 09-13-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post
Are you sure you want to move to Florida?
You are not going to find all those things on the list.
You are going to have to decide if you want the Luxury and deal with Left Wing politics or Right Wing Politics and deal with 55+ Crowd.
Just curious, did you read this part of my post?

Keep in mind this list represents our absolute ideal, so resist the urge to reply with "nowhere fits all of your criteria."

Old 09-13-2020, 05:09 PM

7,704 posts, read 12,541,309 times
Quote:
We're a young professional couple looking to leave the big cities and live in a safe, small-ish town that has low risk of civil unrest/riots following the election. Based on our requirements below, where would you recommend? Keep in mind this list represents our absolute ideal, so resist the urge to reply with "nowhere fits all of your criteria." Let me know if I can clarify anything.

• Low crime (no ghettos or sketchy areas)
  • No homeless
  • Lots of young professionals
  • Not a lot of blue-haired, tattoed weirdos
  • Lean Republican (focus on fiscal conservatism and law enforcement)
  • New urbanist or master planned
  • Luxury apartments
  • Bikeable
  • Walkable main street
  • Luxury apartments
  • Near the beach/nature
  • Don't care about "nightlife", bars, etc.
  • Work from home, so don't care about jobs/commuting

I've done a bit of research on this so far, and it seems like Naples and Walton County/30A may be a good fit?

Thank you
I don't blame you at all. Naples is a good choice. I would also look into Marco Island (which is near Naples), and Jupiter, FL - on the east coast. Jupiter is gorgeous and master planned and leans Republican.

Old 09-13-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't blame you at all. Naples is a good choice. I would also look into Marco Island (which is near Naples), and Jupiter, FL - on the east coast. Jupiter is gorgeous and master planned and leans Republican.
Thanks. I know Jupiter has a bunch of boomers but I guess I'm willing to compromise on that for a nice place to live. Too bad it's in palm beach county.

Last edited by r_marlowe; 09-13-2020 at 05:31 PM..

Old 09-13-2020, 06:19 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,744,540 times
Quote:
I avoid all political events. I don't even discuss politics with strangers in public. Not worth risking my safety. I wish I lived somewhere where I didn't have that fear.
Wise decision. Killing someone over politics is disgusting, but with the way things are going now it does not surprise me. However if you are as you say, there are lots of areas you can live in and enjoy FL.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:32 PM

24,323 posts, read 26,697,469 times
Quote:
What do you consider shoving your beliefs in faces?

Wearing Trump and Biden clothing, making your house a giant billboard, starting every conversation by talking about Trump or Biden... sadly there are so many sheep these days who really destroy their quality of life over politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida