Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 02:15 PM

72 posts, read 42,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterThanTheSpeed View Post
Confirms my point about you above then.
Well I'll be sure to avoid st pete in the future then, thanks!

Old 09-16-2020, 02:19 PM

451 posts, read 456,433 times
Pretty wimpy troll fight.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:37 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
I tend to read the request list as a unicorn hunt- they like a bunch of different elements without understanding how those bits do and don't fit together.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_marlowe View Post
No idea what a uhuru is
Live in FL for a decade, traveled to all parts. First time I've heard the term - think it's some racist term, could be wrong.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:45 PM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWhom View Post
Pretty wimpy troll fight.
Probably the same poster bickering with himself under two different accounts.
One of them is clearly "JoeyFalcon," who then went under the name "aax" -- a troll who has a thing against Latinos and Kissimmee who got banned a few years back. Several times.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:54 PM

72 posts, read 42,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Live in FL for a decade, traveled to all parts. First time I've heard the term - think it's some racist term, could be wrong.
Sounds like some kind of exotic zoo animal. Must be dangerous?

Old 09-16-2020, 02:59 PM

786 posts, read 626,452 times
I just read this thread from the start and got to the Archie Bunker rant...
I'm freaking dying now!!!

Old 09-16-2020, 03:39 PM

166 posts, read 353,006 times
Just read through this. Why when someone says they are conservative some people assume they are anti-gay or anti-black??? Many conservatives are fiscally conservative and do not want the USA to become Communist! Valuing FREEDOM does not make one against minority groups! Most "conservatives" I know are welcoming and kind live and let live type people. Most "liberal/progressives" are angry all the time and hate anyome that doesn't agree with them. This is just my personal experience.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:48 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
Just read through this. Why when someone says they are conservative some people assume they are anti-gay or anti-black??? Many conservatives are fiscally conservative and do not want the USA to become Communist! Valuing FREEDOM does not make one against minority groups!
My Congressman feels like I should be arrested and jailed because I'm against fascism. How's your day going?

Old 09-16-2020, 03:48 PM

3,433 posts, read 2,403,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_marlowe View Post
We're a young professional couple looking to leave the big cities and live in a safe, small-ish town that has low risk of civil unrest/riots following the election. Based on our requirements below, where would you recommend? Keep in mind this list represents our absolute ideal, so resist the urge to reply with "nowhere fits all of your criteria." Let me know if I can clarify anything.

• Low crime (no ghettos or sketchy areas)
  • No homeless
  • Lots of young professionals
  • Not a lot of blue-haired, tattoed weirdos
  • Lean Republican (focus on fiscal conservatism and law enforcement)
  • New urbanist or master planned
  • Luxury apartments
  • Bikeable
  • Walkable main street
  • Luxury apartments
  • Near the beach/nature
  • Don't care about "nightlife", bars, etc.
  • Work from home, so don't care about jobs/commuting

I've done a bit of research on this so far, and it seems like Naples and Walton County/30A may be a good fit?

Thank you
It doesn't exist. You will find homeless in every town, smallish or otherwise. There will be crime and/or "sketchy" areas in every town, smallish or otherwise. Lots of young professionals will equal lots of people competing for the same jobs - and most of them not getting them, which leads to more crime, more sketchy areas, more homelessness. You're okay with pink-haired weirdos who have piercings instead of tattoos? Or do they need to have blonde hair, blue eyes, and only a swastika pendant, not the tattoo itself? You need to be more specific here.

Lean Republican - you have lots of options but ALL of them have most of the things you don't want.

No urbanist community in Florida. Most "master planned" communities are senior, and most of them are NOT apartments at all, but single detached houses or manufactured homes.

Every community in this country is bikeable, I don't know many towns in Florida that even HAVE a Main Street, or a singular main street. But most of them are walkable. Whether you're WANT to walk them is another matter entirely.

Luxury apartments near the beach? West Palm. But there's that homelessness, sketchy areas, older community, weirdos, and definitely more extremely right than simply "Republican-leaning."

If you don't care about jobs/commuting, you shouldn't care about young professionals.

Seems to me you're just looking for someone to suggest Mar-a-Lago. So that's my suggestion. You can drop off my cookie in my mailbox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida