Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 06:47 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
The Hunter Biden story is too convoluted for people to understand.
not really..the only thing convoluted and hard to understand is why all these lying crooks are not under the jail

caught red handed...flat out lying....and nothing done about it

start here > https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/med...port_FINAL.pdf

Old 10-24-2020, 07:15 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
not really..the only thing convoluted and hard to understand is why all these lying crooks are not under the jail

caught red handed...flat out lying....and nothing done about it

start here > https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/med...port_FINAL.pdf
That's not even hard to understand or convoluted. They aren't in jail or being punished because the people who would put them in jail or punish them are as corrupt as they are. I hate the term, as it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but this is literally what the Deep State is. It's the political elites who are virtually untouchable because of the power they hold, along with their allies across the spectrum.

Old 10-24-2020, 08:21 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Yup. I find it kind of funny how people have allowed themselves to be manipulated in to thinking Trump is far-right. Though I guess with the media and Democrats constantly creating fake scandals and pushing a false narrative of such, can't blame everyone for getting suckered in to that.

Trump is a NYC guy. Fairly liberal on many issues and extremely moderate in a majority of his views and policies.
Trump's court appointments e.g. Amy Coney Barrett, are considered far right. Pence is also considered far right. That's not manufactured by the media.

A President will be evaluated after he is gone on his legacy. With Trump, it's court appointments and tax cuts and desire to build a wall, which I think aren't liberal, even if Donald Trump and members of his family like Ivanka are socially liberal on a private level. I'm not even sure where to classify everything else, whether its scandals, conspiracies, and his populism. I don't think it falls in either a liberal, moderate or conservative.

Old 10-25-2020, 12:02 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,344,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Trump's court appointments e.g. Amy Coney Barrett, are considered far right. Pence is also considered far right. That's not manufactured by the media.

A President will be evaluated after he is gone on his legacy. With Trump, it's court appointments and tax cuts and desire to build a wall, which I think aren't liberal, even if Donald Trump and members of his family like Ivanka are socially liberal on a private level. I'm not even sure where to classify everything else, whether its scandals, conspiracies, and his populism. I don't think it falls in either a liberal, moderate or conservative.
Tax cuts don't mean right wing though. Years ago when Republicans were more left they supported them.

I don't consider Amy far right. That would be more like Clarence Thomas. Thomas btw one of the best justices ever.

An ideal president would be someone more like Ron Paul. More libertarian which seems to be popular in states that are considered more to the right even though he's not most to the right.

Someone like George W Bush is more to the right than Trump.

However you're not going to find a far right president though. It's just too hard to get elected by the masses.

Just like here in FL we elected moderate governors like Crist, Scott, and even DeSantis isn't far right. More fiscal conservatives with DeSantis being to the right than the other two I listed. Basically that is how the national level is. Can't rock the boat.

Trump is an oddball when it comes to political views overall and unpredictable.

But when he's made comments regarding guns it raises an eyebrow like the NRA convention I mentioned and when he made comments about bump stocks. That isn't something a Ron Paul would make or a Josh Hawley would ever say.

Of course I vote Republican and Trump but my ideal guy is Ron Paul type or a Josh Hawley. Constitutionalist. Down here in FL I don't even know if some of these Republicans are even actual Republicans or not. My County Sheriff is "Republican" but is against open carry, teachers with guns in school, and constitutional carry.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:21 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Yep that's another thing too. Democrats registering as Republicans or in open primary state requesting Republican ballots during the primary. Democrats then vote for the weakest opponent to face their person. When Trump was running in 2016 a lot of Democrats voted for Trump in the primary thinking he was the weakest person to run. Didn't workout lol.

Regarding firearms, I don't want to sound morbid, BUT if we have one more mass shooting here in Florida I really do think we will see a soft Assault weapons ban similar to what we saw in Colorado. The only thing standing in the way from it becoming law is DeSantis. Too many RINO Miami Republicans.

The scary part is if that happened that would be enough to finally get enough sigs to get an AWB ban put onto the FL ballots from "outraged" public and it probably would get 60 percent of the votes. Either legit or voter fraud.

Remember, most people are not like us when it comes to guns and don't think the way we do. We lucked out it didn't get on the ballots this time around. But there is a major push to get it onto the ballots. And once it's put into the constitution it's almost impossible to reverse it. The Florida Supreme Court is anti gun also and would likely allow the measure to stand if challenged.

If we do get an assault weapons ban I will be moving out of FL, probably back to Missouri.

If you're pro gun the gold star is living in a permit less carry state now such as Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, Idaho, Arizona, Kansas, West Virginia. Real pro gun states don't require a permit to carry anymore.
With a closed primary, people switch parties just to have an opportunity to vote PERIOD. In many areas, there are write-in candidates for more local offices or one party does not have a chance even when the other party does have a candidate in the general election. It makes sense to switch parties to have an opportunity to vote for the person who will actually be in office. I now live in an open primary state that is purple, but I have more interest in my own party’s candidates than the other party’s candidates. I do not vote a straight party ticket, particularly at the local level.

Old 10-25-2020, 01:53 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Tax cuts don't mean right wing though. Years ago when Republicans were more left they supported them.

I don't consider Amy far right. That would be more like Clarence Thomas. Thomas btw one of the best justices ever.

An ideal president would be someone more like Ron Paul. More libertarian which seems to be popular in states that are considered more to the right even though he's not most to the right.

Someone like George W Bush is more to the right than Trump.

However you're not going to find a far right president though. It's just too hard to get elected by the masses.

Just like here in FL we elected moderate governors like Crist, Scott, and even DeSantis isn't far right. More fiscal conservatives with DeSantis being to the right than the other two I listed. Basically that is how the national level is. Can't rock the boat.

Trump is an oddball when it comes to political views overall and unpredictable.

But when he's made comments regarding guns it raises an eyebrow like the NRA convention I mentioned and when he made comments about bump stocks. That isn't something a Ron Paul would make or a Josh Hawley would ever say.

Of course I vote Republican and Trump but my ideal guy is Ron Paul type or a Josh Hawley. Constitutionalist. Down here in FL I don't even know if some of these Republicans are even actual Republicans or not. My County Sheriff is "Republican" but is against open carry, teachers with guns in school, and constitutional carry.
Thanks for that perspective. Would it be fair to say though that Trump does ally himself, and largely appoint and support those and causes to the right? Even if not far right, and if he is not really right leaning himself.

Old 10-25-2020, 09:17 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Manipulated? It's common knowledge if you're paying any attention. Anti-immigration, racist, sexist, anti-women's rights, anti-environment, anti-public education and ignorant of scientific fact. His entire platform screams right wing, almost fascist. Furthermore his impeachment regarding blackmailing a foreign leader and soon to be prosecution for tax evasion are hardly fake, unless drunk on the Trump Kool-Aid yourself. Where's there's smoke there's fire and given what has been revealed by varying sources, no doubt much more to come. Unlike the truly fake witch hunts by the GOP into Hillary's emails and the latest with Biden son's laptop. I mean seriously, critical thinking much?
Not anti-immigration, anti-illegal immigration. Racist? Check out his 47-month record for all he's done for the Black community. Now check Biden's 47-year record of racist associations and racist positions, and his recent racist comments. Sexist and anti-women's rights? Look at the hard-working daughter he raised. I never met a sexist who not only supported, but promoted his daughter having a successful career on par with that of his sons. I could go on with all of your other "anti"s, but if you were truly interested and intellectually honest, you'd know all of this already. While you point the finger at Fox and Breitbart (all of 2) for being one-sided, if you've ever watched Fox, you'd know that their reporting on Trump is not always favorable, whereas none of the numerous MSM news network and "news"papers EVER report anything negative about Biden.

And if the "witch hunts" into Hillary's emails were so fake, they wouldn't have had a reason to destroy them, and the devices that contained them, after receiving a subpoena to produce them. Ditto for the incredible "loss" of the FBI's texts, emails and data related to the impeachment background. Denying the existence of evidence that has been deliberately destroyed is bad enough, but here we have an authenticated laptop containing evidence that wasn't destroyed and you still deny it's existence. Amazing.

Oh, and regarding tax evasion. Be careful where you point that finger. Biden accepted kickbacks that weren't declared on his tax returns. Sounds like tax evasion to me.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:21 AM

731 posts, read 768,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I wouldn't spend a lot playing the lottery if that's your feel on this matter. You can rest assured the vast majority of the hordes of people lined up at polling stations and voting early aren't enthusiastic supporters of this administration.
Really? And how do you know this?

Old 10-26-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
He doesn't. Like most of his positions and beliefs, it's simply all in his head.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
Even Politico reports the exact opposite of what Kyle is saying:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...mocrats-432135

"Florida Republicans are pouring out of the trenches.

After weeks of Democrats outvoting them by mail, Republican voters stormed early voting precincts in person this week, taking large bites out of their opponents’ historic lead in pre-Election Day ballots."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida