Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area is best for singles in FL?
Orange County 2 9.52%
Palm Beach County 2 9.52%
Miami-Dade County 6 28.57%
Tampa Area 11 52.38%
St Lucie County 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 04:46 PM

786 posts, read 627,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Now you have Tinder for hookups. Even for hookups most of the women on Tinder 90 percent if they're real profiles the women are nasty looking Sl*tty, etc. and full of tats. No matter how drunk I can't even think about it!

Are women on Tinder that nasty and fat everywhere or is that just a southwest FL thing? Overall disappointed with the lack of any decent women under 50 in this region of FL.

LMFAO!!!
IDK man, Tinder came after my time. I never had problems hooking up by just going out. I was in my 20s and went where people in their 20s went. When I got older, the scene in the late 20s early 30s was depressing for me, so I found work overseas for a bit... I recommend Brazil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 06:46 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,404,507 times
If you’re in your 30s and 40s looking to date single professional women, Thornton Prk, Winter Park and Baldwin Park are where you will find those.

Can't expect to find anything worthwhile in a sleaze bar on Orange Ave. Shouldn't expect to find single women in Lake Mary.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 11-04-2020 at 08:01 AM..

Old 11-04-2020, 10:15 AM

786 posts, read 627,414 times
Thornton and Baldwin were both snob city when I was single completely hated the crowd and inhabitants. I didn't care about what title you have at your company, just be down to earth and blow a lower BAC than the GPA you graduated with... I agree you wont find that on Orange Ave.

Passing by people on dates out here is like the Scared Straight special for Married People.

Old 11-04-2020, 12:20 PM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
If you’re in your 30s and 40s looking to date single professional women, Thornton Prk, Winter Park and Baldwin Park are where you will find those.

Can't expect to find anything worthwhile in a sleaze bar on Orange Ave. Shouldn't expect to find single women in Lake Mary.
That's interesting, do they all stay indoors here or jump in the car and drive 20-30 minutes to someplace in Orlando?

Old 11-04-2020, 12:23 PM

17,208 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
That's interesting, do they all stay indoors here or jump in the car and drive 20-30 minutes to someplace in Orlando?
Lake Mary is significantly more family-oriented, and attracts families more than places like Baldwin and Thornton would.
The majority of adults in Lake Mary are married. This is not accounting for an also-large number of households with civil partnerships.

And where do adult, professional singles tend to mingle? Wine bars/bars, cigar lounges, etc. Walkable areas with a concentration of these are in Winter Park, Baldwin Park and Thornton Park.

Come on now... You know this...? Right?

Last edited by Arcenal813; 11-04-2020 at 12:54 PM..

Old 11-06-2020, 09:58 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,644,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi-p View Post
I'm 37 and single M, considering a Florida move in January, and just did a tour of most of the cities in Florida - in addition to having friends in South Florida and being a former New Yorker.
I'm probably choosing Tampa Bay. Either Tampa proper or St. Petes.

Personally, I love Miami as a city but it's too expensive and if you're not super aggressive in the dating game, it will be demoralizing.
Broward County has a lot of crime and drugs. Outside of downtown Fort Lauderdale (which I do like), I think it's one of the worst counties I've ever been to in Florida.
My impression is it's too touristy and you're going to have some transient relationships there.

I like West Palm Beach a lot, but I don't think it offers much over Tampa. If you had a job there, maybe. Smaller dating scene for sure.

Gender ratios and ages are also better in Tampa. South Florida is either college students or people older than me (a lot of 35+ year old single dudes lol), and a lot of the people in Miami in particular don't have real professional jobs (it's a town for hustlers), so if you do have a real professional job, you'll be weird. I actually think Miami and Broward are probably better for 40 year olds than a 32 year old. You're the perfect age for Tampa.

I don't know anyone in Miami whose having a great time dating that isn't into drugs and partying 24/7. If you want a laid back, but substantial scene, Tampa Bay is probably a better bet.
More normal people there. A lot of Midwesterners.

Orlando was probably my least favorite city visiting so it's no wonder you want out lol.
I agree. When I lived in Broward I had an FSU girlfriend in Tallahassee - lol.

Tampa is part of the "I-4" corridor -a magnet for recent college graduates from the in-state universities. For example, when FSU students graduate they often move to that area. The same goes for UF, UCF, etc. And then there's USF. Tampa would be ideal for someone in the mid 20s to mid 30s. Broward wasn't all that great. I literally had a girlfriend in Tallahassee at the time I was living near Hollywood.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:23 PM

88 posts, read 89,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8hemi View Post
I think from a dating perspective, it seems like I need to pretend that I actually work in Florida and go close to where the jobs are. Sounds like Tampa could be ideal (I still need to plan a visit), but for other options, I'm not sure there's any suburbs to Fort Lauderdale or Miami which make sense.

This is the first mention I'm seeing of Jacksonville though. Does anyone else have any experience living/dating there? Feel free to continue reinforcing the other suggestions if not
I've only driven through Jacksonville I didn't hit it on my recent trip.

In South Florida, Delray and West Palm are nice, though fairly expensive, a lot of retirees around. West Palm is considered the "young professional" part of South Florida and my Miami friend, while he enjoys going out in Miami proper and South Beach and is into the party scene, has almost exclusively dated girls from Palm Beach County and a few from Ft. Lauderdale because 1) he's not Cuban, and tends to date white girls in their 30s and 2) he has a Masters degree and a real job, which is less common than you'd think.

I like Coral Gables a lot (South of the city), it's pretty rad but I think it's a married place. Very expensive also.

Old 11-07-2020, 11:16 AM

127 posts, read 131,812 times
hey papi, it's "St Pete" not "St Petes"

Old 11-08-2020, 12:07 AM

88 posts, read 89,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitondowntheroad View Post
hey papi, it's "St Pete" not "St Petes"
Detroiters add an S to the end of everything.
It's Walmarts
Targets.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:23 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi-p View Post
Detroiters add an S to the end of everything.
It's Walmarts
Targets.
Tigers

Lions

Red Wings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida