Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2020, 06:35 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,089,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Like it or not, the $15 wage transition is happening. What are you going to do about it, sit outside DeSantis’s house and protest? You can argue all day and post tomes of text but the $15 wage transition is happening so deal with it. You’re not going to stop it.
They will probably try to take it to court like they have for other things FLORIDA VOTERS VOTED for. We voted and spoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 06:36 AM

17,177 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
I just called my BMW service advisor, mechanics do the oil changes, the same ones who do much more complex MX work and are paid highly above 15 an hour, not whatever nonsense you just posted above. Maybe it’s different if you own a cheap car like Kia or something, which is probably the case based on your lack of BMW knowledge despite a rather long worded post which was just a bunch of talking and babbling without actually saying anything. As I suspected even before I called my service advisor, you were wrong. I didn’t even have to call them but figured I would get some verification. They don’t have 8 an hour lackeys solely doing oil changes as you prescribe. BMW would NEVER allow a franchisee using their highly valuable brand to do such a thing.

And yes, anyone who brings their car to a non OEM shop is asking for trouble. BMW or not, it’s OEM or bust for me. No wanky Firestone or TiresWhatever is going to touch my baby especially when I get the oil changed for free through my maintenance plan.
LOL! They weren't even open when you posted this.
Either they lied to you, or you're lying. Or they're giving their lube-techs/entry-level techs the title of "Junior Mechanic" or something.
I've managed service shops. No dealership service shop is paying certified mechanics (who are certified to do complex work) time to change oil. That's just stupid. And for the sake of you not sounding anymore ignorant than you already are, you should stop.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:36 AM

835 posts, read 476,510 times
I can definitely tell who voted for a specific candidate on this specific thread.

He lost, get over it. Move on, life goes on, and the minimum wage in Florida will be $15 in some years.

The chances of anyone ranting on this thread having the power to change the future $15 an hour MW is diminutive.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
LOL! They weren't even open when you posted this.
Either they lied to you, or you're lying. Or they're giving their lube-techs/entry-level techs the title of "Junior Mechanic" or something.
I've managed service shops. No dealership service shop is paying certified mechanics (who are certified to do complex work) time to change oil. That's just stupid. And for the sake of you not sounding anymore ignorant than you already are, you should stop.
They open at 7:30 but the minimum wage will be 15 in a few years so deal with it.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
I can definitely tell who voted for a specific candidate on this specific thread.

He lost, get over it. Move on, life goes on, and the minimum wage in Florida will be $15 in some years.

The chances of anyone ranting on this thread having the power to change the future $15 an hour MW is diminutive.
My candidate didn't lose. By all accounts, he (and she) won.

And not trying to change a damn thing. Just pointing out how difficult it will be for tons of businesses.

And pointing out your ignorance... Which was met by insults about driving "cheap cars" and whatnot. LOL.

Question: Do YOU know what it takes to change a BMW engine's car oil? Do you know about the tools required? The special "BMW" plug-in gadget that needs to be inserted under the hood to "reset" the oil change interval?
I can guarantee that I very likely know MUCH more about BMW engines and services than you do. But keep on spewing ignorance.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
My candidate didn't lose.

And not trying to change a damn thing. Just pointing out how difficult it will be for tons of businesses.
Only one of the two candidates supports a $15 minimum wage. Since you don’t support the idea of a $15 minimum wage I would have to assume you support the candidate who railed against it, who lost something like 217-290.

So deal with it. Your personal attacks, profane-laced posts, and tomes of text are doing nothing but giving you the appearance of wasting time on something you have zero (or very little) control over.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Only one of the two candidates supports a $15 minimum wage. Since you don’t support the idea of a $15 minimum wage I would have to assume you support the candidate who railed against it, who lost something like 217-290.

So deal with it. Your personal attacks, profane-laced posts, and tomes of text are doing nothing but giving you the appearance of wasting time on something you have zero (or very little) control over.
There was a lot more at stake with voting for a specific candidate than supporting "$15/hr minimum."
If that's all you voted for, that explains a lot.

Tomes of texts are sharing knowledge that I have on the matter, and discrediting your "I called the dealership, they told me a master mechanic changes my oil" nonsense.

Your attack of "you must drive a cheap car" speaks volumes about you.

And... I drive a cheap Altima and a Ford pickup. Not a kia.
Had several Mercedes in the past, no longer have a desire to spend money on those things.
I have no need to own a BMW.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
There was a lot more at stake with voting for a specific candidate than supporting "$15/hr minimum."
If that's all you voted for, that explains a lot.

Tomes of texts are sharing knowledge that I have on the matter, and discrediting your "I called the dealership, they told me a master mechanic changes my oil" nonsense.

Your attack of "you must drive a cheap car" speaks volumes about you.
Wow, you discredited me on an Internet forum on who changes my car oil. That’s quite an accomplishment, maybe you can mark it down on your resume.

The minimum wage is going to be 15, deal with it.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Wow, you discredited me on an Internet forum on who changes my car oil. That’s quite an accomplishment, maybe you can mark it down on your resume.

The minimum wage is going to be 15, deal with it.
Yep. I sure did. And you keep responding.
You mad?

Deal with it.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Yep. I sure did. And you keep responding.
You mad?

Deal with it.

I’m not mad but as long as the minimum wage is $15 as it will be, against your wishes I am in fact quite happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida