Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2020, 10:00 AM

786 posts, read 625,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Florida already had cost of living increases for minimum wage.... Simple concept, for most....

Florida cost of living adjustments hasn't kept up with the cost of living so the minimum wage was raised to reflect that... you must be new here or just slow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Every time I think you have reached peak stupidity... you try hard and reach yet another level. Pretty damn impressive!

The ACA radically increased the group plan costs, among other issues. It was unsustainable. I couldn't "pass on the costs" to the employees as they couldn't afford to pay 50% of the premium (I used to cover 90%), yet they were also in a position where they would be taxed/penalized if they didn't get healthcare. It was a disaster. Trying to figure out high deductible garbage plans that nobody could even afford, massive increases in costs for these garbage plans, etc. My costs as the business owner went from $3k/mo to $10k/mo within 2 years. Not gonna happen. Got rid of it and the employees could go buy some of that fancy Obamacare all on their own since we are less than 50.

You have no idea what you are talking about, but you sure do like to play pretend. It helps to have actual experience... In the real world of small business, Obamacare was a disaster. Yet another mandate, similar to the minimum wage increase. And the result of the minimum wage increase will be similarly disastrous.

First off you are flat out lying about multiple things now. You refused to name your "business" so you you either dont want anybody factchecking, know the ignorant uninformed garbage you are spewing is false and will kill your business, or lying about owning a business because your argument falls apart without that keystone falsehood... that is the most likely of the bunch.

The ACA didnt raise costs from 3k to 10k, pure lies. Group plans premiums that went up did by 30% at the most, our plans administration confirmed they were not allowed to increase on 100+% and anybody claiming it did was flat out lying. So your employees who were paid "above market wages" could easily absorb them. I've never had a problem getting insurance in the 3 places I've worked since the ACA, one of them had 15 employees in total.

Keep spewing more lies. You think doubling down on a radical political position and spreading exaggerated falsehoods, and reinforcing them with insults somehow gives you credibility. It doesnt it just highlights your bias and low maturity level to cartoon a level. It's really sad, entertaining but sad.

Last edited by cfenn006; 11-28-2020 at 11:36 AM..

Old 11-28-2020, 11:41 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post
First off you are flat out lying about multiple things now. You refused to name your "business" so you you either dont want anybody factchecking, know the ignorant uninformed garbage you are spewing is false and will kill your business, or lying about owning a business because your argument falls apart without that keystone falsehood... that is the most likely of the bunch.

The ACA didnt raise costs from 3k to 10k, pure lies. Group plans premiums that went up did by 30% at the most, our plans administration confirmed they were not allowed to increase on 100+% and anybody claiming it did was flat out lying. So your employees who were paid "above market wages" could easily absorb them. I've never had a problem getting insurance in the 3 places I've worked since the ACA, one of them had 15 employees in total.

Keep spewing more lies. You think doubling down on a radical political position and spreading exaggerated falsehoods, and reinforcing them with insults somehow gives you credibility. It doesnt it just highlights your bias and low maturity level to cartoon a level. It's really sad, entertaining but sad.
Ooooh boy... Here we go...

https://www.kff.org/health-costs

Last edited by Arcenal813; 11-28-2020 at 12:04 PM..

Old 11-28-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Ooooh boy... Here we go...

https://www.kff.org/health-costs

Funny, because your one chart was eHealth, who just quoted a SB Plan $10 more for 15 employees in my zip that what I paid just a few years ago.

KFF.org chart says right there are survey data. Just a look at their website is too blog and opinion piece heavy to rely on. Sorry.

Old 11-28-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Funny, because your one chart was eHealth, who just quoted a SB Plan $10 more for 15 employees in my zip that what I paid just a few years ago.

KFF.org chart says right there are survey data. Just a look at their website is too blog and opinion piece heavy to rely on. Sorry.
Don't know much about it other than what I read, so I'm not going to pick sides or claim one is lying over another. All I can say is that my personal out-of-pocket insurance costs (through employer, for my family) is literally double what it was 10 years ago.
Is it because of ACA? No idea. But I can't help but think that it is at least partially because of it.

Old 11-28-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Don't know much about it other than what I read, so I'm not going to pick sides or claim one is lying over another. All I can say is that my personal out-of-pocket insurance costs (for my family) is literally double what it was 10 years ago.
Is it because of ACA? No idea. But I can't help but think that it is at least partially because of it.

The KFF chart even proved that the premiums didnt increase 100+%, but deductibles may have.They rely on more opinion /advocacy style reporting and it's very obvious at first glance.

Deductibles are a very difficult metric to calculate because after the ACA regulation was put in place many of these plans were disqualified as actual insurance and reclassified as a discount program. Basically they were scam plans.

The data is also skewed since the ACA saw many more people accessing insurance, and they by a huge majority elected the highest deductable plan. This will naturally launch deductable numbers. Nothing major changed, just more people getting cheaper plans.

10 Year out of pocket doubling isn't uncommon nor was the ACA going to fix that. Dont know you age but I paid the same increases from the 90s to 2000's and the 200s to today are nearly doubled as well. You either pay through the nose in premiums, or deductible expenses that has been a constant. ACA primarily addressed premiums in part with what and who can and cannot be covered.Think about the costs from 1970 to 1980, then 1980 to 1990, then 1990 to 2000. These number increases are fairly consistent, but since every decade comes with political, economical, and social factors unique to the time period, this is not the end all calculator.

The only crisis number is wages not increasing to meet the rising costs. Nobody can deny that.

Old 11-28-2020, 01:50 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,630,765 times
Quote:

You are insufferable... Lol.

My costs went from $3k to $10k by a combination of radically increased premiums and a federal penalty that forced employees who didn't want insurance, to now need it and sign up. So higher premiums + more employees on it... unaffordable. Simply couldn't afford to provide insurance to 20 people at $10k+ per month. Sorry. And mine was only that cheap due to having a young workforce and no family plans. It started with deductibles going up along with premiums... instead of killer $500 deductible plans and $200 premiums which we had for at least 5 years, we were all of a sudden at $2500 deductible and $350 premiums once Obamacare hit... and it kept going up and up and up.

And yes, premiums did, in fact, double. Yet they declined the 4 years prior to the ACA. That's not 'affordable' in my book... It was a disaster and still is, and is creating entirely new classes of uninsured people. People have just been forced to live with the massive deductibles and garbage coverage, and many are now choosing to avoid it altogether.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/system/files/pd...iumChanges.pdf

You know absolutely nothing, yet continue to masquerade as some sort of expert. But keep going, it's kind of funny, entertaining. And by the way, why don't YOU post your name, address, and phone number... Since apparently, that's what you want me to do.

Last edited by BNBR; 11-28-2020 at 02:08 PM..

Old 11-28-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
You are insufferable... Lol.

My costs went from $3k to $10k by a combination of radically increased premiums and a federal penalty that forced employees who didn't want insurance, to now need it and sign up. So higher premiums + more employees on it... unaffordable. Simply couldn't afford to provide insurance to 20 people at $10k+ per month. Sorry.

And yes, premiums did, in fact, double. Yet they declined the 4 years prior to the ACA. That's not 'affordable' in my book... It was a disaster and still is, and is creating entirely new classes of uninsured people. People have just been forced to live with the massive deductibles and garbage coverage, and many are now choosing to avoid it altogether.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/system/files/pd...iumChanges.pdf

You know absolutely nothing, yet continue to masquerade as some sort of expert. You are a dolt. But keep going, it's kind of funny, entertaining. And by the way, why don't YOU post your name, address, and phone number... Since apparently, that's what you want me to do.

So again you refuse to provide your business information, that could prove your claims. You clearly are lying all across the board with made up numbers about a business you clearly don't own and sling insults to deflect. But continue to own the small business martyr title and spew conservative buzz phrases. Guess I was lucky to work for a small business owner who didnt wrap himself in victimhood and take out policy changes on his employees. It's nice to work for adults.

If you know everything and so above me why are you wasting your time trying to talk down to me??? Because I called BS on your lie and you cant walk it back.Just another snowflake who talked himself into a corner, but go on.

Last edited by cfenn006; 11-28-2020 at 02:31 PM..

Old 11-28-2020, 02:53 PM

In BRNB’s defense, I wouldn’t disclose my business name nor divulge too much information about it on a public Internet forum either... That wouldn’t be wise at all.

Old 11-28-2020, 03:53 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
Quote:
In BRNB’s defense, I wouldn’t disclose my business name nor divulge too much information about it on a public Internet forum either... That wouldn’t be wise at all.
I agree. While I am curious about the nature of the personal accomplishments or lifestyles people discuss on here, I would never expect anyone to reveal their true identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida