Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 05:09 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
You apologists for her are not going to come out of this looking good. So while she lies and lies that FDLE didn't find anything in the search and this is all "new" charges... while suckers send her hundreds of thousands of dollars... It turns out she is right where she belongs. In jail. She can be a troublesome drama queen with her new friends, without internet access so we no longer have to suffer through it.
Are you attacking "suckers?" What about the "Big Lie" purveyor who has received hundreds of millions promoting his "Big Lies" and an insurrection to his "suckers?"

Time will tell how Jones and the sucker champion fare in the final analysis, but IMO, as typically, you don't have a clue. Jones appears IMO to have much better defense prospects, but both may escape a guilty judgment by their juries.

BTW, you and your DeSantis Worship Cult (DWC) members all insisted that Jones sent the message that was an issue in the first place. This now appears wrong. So the warrant used to seize her devices, wrongfully she argues, may not be allowed to produce "tainted fruit" in legal parlance, especially on appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 05:42 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Which of the naysayers here live in Florida? what county?

My county (Martin) has used all the vaccine it has allotted. Last week Florida got 240000 doses. “This is a supply issue… We cannot give them enough vaccine because the federal government is not giving us enough vaccine, in fact, the federal government cut our supply of vaccine by almost 50 percent in the last couple of weeks,” said Jared Moskowitz, Director for Florida's Division of Emergency Management.

“Right now we’re in this Phase 1B, where anyone over 65 in Florida can get a vaccination, I think it’s gonna have to be a holding pattern until the federal government figures out where they are with vaccine allocation,” said Dr. Teng.

So far, the state has not released plans on expanding to additional phases, but officials have made it clear that their focus is on the seniors ages 65+.

https://www.floridadisaster.org/covid19/vaccine-report/

Old 01-18-2021, 05:54 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
I hope she sues the &*(& out of the Gov. and the State.
Me, too. Use up that legal fund and get nothing. I'm sure a few fine lawyers will be happy to take her for a ride.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:57 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Are you attacking "suckers?" What about the "Big Lie" purveyor who has received hundreds of millions promoting his "Big Lies" and an insurrection to his "suckers?"

Time will tell how Jones and the sucker champion fare in the final analysis, but IMO, as typically, you don't have a clue. Jones appears IMO to have much better defense prospects, but both may escape a guilty judgment by their juries.

BTW, you and your DeSantis Worship Cult (DWC) members all insisted that Jones sent the message that was an issue in the first place. This now appears wrong. So the warrant used to seize her devices, wrongfully she argues, may not be allowed to produce "tainted fruit" in legal parlance, especially on appeal.
What are you talking about? The review of the seized devices actually did show she sent the message. Have you not read anything?

Here, I'll help you, again: "Evidence retrieved from a search warrant on Dec. 7 shows that Jones illegally accessed the system sending a message to approximately 1,750 people, and downloaded confidential FDOH data and saved it to her devices,” according to FDLE."

Ugh, this is why I, like most other posters here, generally ignore your silly ramblings.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:26 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? The review of the seized devices actually did show she sent the message. Have you not read anything?
First of all, if you log into a system, you type the message in that system. You don't send the message from your personal devices, especially storage devices, directly into the system. Perhaps the investigators found a copy of the message on her devices. We'll see when the evidence is argued in court.

What is true is that Jones claims Florida's investigators found no evidence that she sent the message, and she claims she didn't send the message. MY POST 148 QUOTED JONES ACCURATELY, BASED ON THE LINKED NEWS STORIES, AND I NEVER SAID HER CLAIMS WERE TRUE. Once more, you post statements disingenuously misrepresenting what I said.

<<According to Jones, Florida investigators "found no evidence" related to the incident that officials said had triggered the raid: a chat message that was sent to a planning group on an emergency alert platform, urging people to speak out publicly about Florida's coronavirus strategies. She wrote on Twitter on Saturday, "police did find documents I received/downloaded from sources in the state, or something of that nature.">>

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rida-authoriti

<<“However, police did find documents I received/downloaded from sources in the state, or something of that nature... it isn't clear at this point what exactly they're saying I had that I shouldn't have had, but an agent confirmed it has nothing to do with the subject of the warrant,” Jones said. “The raid was based on a lie.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-turn-n1254544

Perhaps she is wrong, or is lying. That's why there are trials. Obviously, accusations by prosecutors in arrest warrants are not always accurate.

Quote:
Ugh, this is why I, like most other posters here, generally ignore your silly ramblings.
While I document most of my comments carefully, you and the other members of the DeSantis Worship Cult make inaccurate, unsubtantiated statements, or misrepresent the reality of a situation. Obviously, I don't write for cult members devoted to obfuscation, but for those interested in objective arguments explaining reality.

If Jones is found guility, after all appeals, I certainly will acknowledge it. It will be an interesting trial as obviously she or the state are misrepresenting the truth, obviously a tactic with which you have great expertise, but little talent.

Last edited by WRnative; 01-18-2021 at 06:42 PM..

Old 01-28-2021, 12:46 AM

1,037 posts, read 434,994 times
Quote:

Here, I'll help you, again: "Evidence retrieved from a search warrant on Dec. 7 shows that Jones illegally accessed the system sending a message to approximately 1,750 people, and downloaded confidential FDOH data and saved it to her devices,” according to FDLE."

That may be an accurate account of events providing enough probable cause for a Judge to issue a search warrant, however a Warrant can still be challenged and possibly thrown out. Likely? Who knows? Legally it is permitted to be challenged for dismissal after a Hearing/Motion is considered.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:32 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
That may be an accurate account of events providing enough probable cause for a Judge to issue a search warrant, however a Warrant can still be challenged and possibly thrown out. Likely? Who knows? Legally it is permitted to be challenged for dismissal after a Hearing/Motion is considered.
Who would challenge the warrant when the 'said' evidence is secured FROM the warrant? This isn't TV court room acting.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:22 PM

1,037 posts, read 434,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Who would challenge the warrant when the 'said' evidence is secured FROM the warrant? This isn't TV court room acting.
The Defense would or at least could challenge it, states may have a different case name for it, but Federally do you know what a Franks Challenge is?

Old 02-03-2021, 03:06 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,642,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
First of all, if you log into a system, you type the message in that system. You don't send the message from your personal devices, especially storage devices, directly into the system. Perhaps the investigators found a copy of the message on her devices. We'll see when the evidence is argued in court.

What is true is that Jones claims Florida's investigators found no evidence that she sent the message, and she claims she didn't send the message. MY POST 148 QUOTED JONES ACCURATELY, BASED ON THE LINKED NEWS STORIES, AND I NEVER SAID HER CLAIMS WERE TRUE. Once more, you post statements disingenuously misrepresenting what I said.

<<According to Jones, Florida investigators "found no evidence" related to the incident that officials said had triggered the raid: a chat message that was sent to a planning group on an emergency alert platform, urging people to speak out publicly about Florida's coronavirus strategies. She wrote on Twitter on Saturday, "police did find documents I received/downloaded from sources in the state, or something of that nature.">>

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rida-authoriti

<<“However, police did find documents I received/downloaded from sources in the state, or something of that nature... it isn't clear at this point what exactly they're saying I had that I shouldn't have had, but an agent confirmed it has nothing to do with the subject of the warrant,” Jones said. “The raid was based on a lie.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-turn-n1254544

Perhaps she is wrong, or is lying. That's why there are trials. Obviously, accusations by prosecutors in arrest warrants are not always accurate.

While I document most of my comments carefully, you and the other members of the DeSantis Worship Cult make inaccurate, unsubtantiated statements, or misrepresent the reality of a situation. Obviously, I don't write for cult members devoted to obfuscation, but for those interested in objective arguments explaining reality.

If Jones is found guility, after all appeals, I certainly will acknowledge it. It will be an interesting trial as obviously she or the state are misrepresenting the truth, obviously a tactic with which you have great expertise, but little talent.
I thought your post was fair with a reasonable amount of research. I studied GIS in graduate school and know that FSU has a very reputable department with rigorous objective data analysis. However, I also lived in the FL Panhandle for over 13 years - a heavily red political region. The emotional bias drawn across party lines is very difficult to overcome. So, I don't even bother trying. I left FL a few years ago.

As for Jones, the upcoming trial should reveal a lot with due process and forensic examination of the evidence. The legality will also be addressed. Despite the huge "red" region bias against her, I found it interesting that a top Republican prosecutor resigned in protest of her arrest. Even Fox reported that.
https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/...P3XWJN2YK5ZJ4/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida