Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 09:54 AM

8 posts, read 7,036 times

Advertisements

For some reason that the people in polk county that nobody can explain, the water bill is up and up and up every month, when i move here i paid $65 dollars, after 1 year now they are charging $193....why? Who is the responsable for this abuse? Then they move the payment days, on this way they charge another fee if you are suppousted to pay a date but next mont they move 1 or 2 days before.
How the calculate the wastewater if it is not a metter for this in your home?
Who answer this cuestions?
We the people need answers, we are living very difficult times and this companies are abusing from the people who live in polk county, call you commissioners, call your state attorney, but we the people need to stop the month to month abuse, we need answers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 09:31 AM

78 posts, read 75,373 times
Request an audit for your account and usage...also request an immediate inspection of YOUR service connection after and before the meter!

Why, you may have a faulty meter!

You could have an undetected LEAK/drip...

Someone could have tapped your source (like to fill their pool and keep filling their leaky pool..lol)...not funny but I've seen this happen here in FL, some people are slick and criminal

Inspect your backflow meter.....by a real plumber

Check your interior toilets....are they "singing" and never fill properly?

Check all exterior bibb faucets for very very slow leaks

Check all buried/access PVC traps on your property (get a plumber)

Check washing machine for the obvious....draining? overfilling?

Your water heater also may be on its way out

Something ain't right, pal.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:53 PM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Must be a leak in the creek or the meter reader is drunk as a skunk. My water bill is around $15 to 25 a month.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:55 PM

648 posts, read 431,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswtv View Post
For some reason that the people in polk county that nobody can explain, the water bill is up and up and up every month, when i move here i paid $65 dollars, after 1 year now they are charging $193....why? Who is the responsable for this abuse? Then they move the payment days, on this way they charge another fee if you are suppousted to pay a date but next mont they move 1 or 2 days before.
How the calculate the wastewater if it is not a metter for this in your home?
Who answer this cuestions?
We the people need answers, we are living very difficult times and this companies are abusing from the people who live in polk county, call you commissioners, call your state attorney, but we the people need to stop the month to month abuse, we need answers...
Two questions.
1. when did you move there?
2. are you using more water now?

Old 12-24-2020, 09:23 AM

78 posts, read 75,373 times
sswtv hasn't come back in a week....hmm

Old 09-15-2021, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,489 times
We moved to Polk county in June. Our first water bill was 102$ now the second one is over 200$ how can this be. It’s just my husband and & me. We don’t use a lot of water, yet our bill is higher than our electricity bill.

I’ve also noted quite a few others in this thread saying basically the same thing.

Last edited by dcsykes; 09-15-2021 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Adding

Old 09-15-2021, 05:31 PM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsykes View Post
We moved to Polk county in June. Our first water bill was 102$ now the second one is over 200$ how can this be. It’s just my husband and & me. We don’t use a lot of water, yet our bill is higher than our electricity bill.

I’ve also noted quite a few others in this thread saying basically the same thing.
Best to move i guess.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:25 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Stop Sky High Water Bills from Polk County Florida Utilities

"I have resided in the Davenport Area since 2009 and have been a resident of Florida for nearly 40 years. I purchased my current home in Davenport and the very first bill that I received from Polk County Utilities was over $300. I called promptly to complain about this bill.Polk County Utilities response was "well that's your bill, maybe you have a water leak." I check for this but no leak was found. My next month's bill was $120 , I complained about this bill and couldn't understand why the water bill was so high. After all , I had just moved from Winter Haven with the exact same service (water,sewage and trash removal) all provided by Polk County Utilities, but my average bill there was less than $40.I have a family of four and our water consumption was about the same I have continued to average bills over a $120 per month. I have spoken to neighbors and they are also experiencing ridiculously high bills. I know that many others in the area are fed up with these bills. So I'm asking everyone in this area that has had enough of this price gauging in the Davenport area to put a stop to this ,and support this petition. We are asking for an investigation to be launched by both State and Federal agencies."

https://www.change.org/p/kelli-starg...rida-utilities

Old 09-16-2021, 09:43 AM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times
It's not just Polk County. One month, my home water bill was several times larger than normal. I called the water company and they said I must have a water leak. I called a plumber who tested all the pipes, the water pressure, the toilets, and all faucets. No leaks. No evidence there had ever been a leak. I hadn't been away and surely I would have heard water running and flooding my house!

I called the water people back and I asked them to check the water meter. They said it was fine. They said that I must have used all that water. For that amount of water to have been used, the toilets would have had to been flushing all day long for the entire month!

Miraculously, after I complained, my water bill resorted back to its normal level. I am not normally a "conspiracy" person, but I do wonder about this one-time "surcharge" on my water bill that retreated back to normal after I complained.

Old 09-16-2021, 03:45 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times
CALL THE SHERIFF !!!! He Needs to be back on the Tube again !!! he Loves that crap !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: