Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 04:36 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times

Advertisements

Florida is #1 in 1st doses per 100,000 residents out of the top 10 most populated states., says the CDC:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...vaccine-supply

FLA would be doing even better if it had discluded non-Florida residents, from the start, but still ranks #1 regardless.

Florida's deaths-per-milion population is better than average too, ranking at 26th.

Considering that Florida has the 2nd oldest State populaton in the USA (only Maine is older), it could easily be argued that Florida is amongst the leading states for overall Covid-19 performance, & #1 amongst the top 10 largest states.

It could also be argued that New York is the worst...overall. Its been revealed that Cuomo understated Nursing home deaths by 50%!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 08:48 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Florida is #1 in 1st doses per 100,000 residents out of the top 10 most populated states., says the CDC:

FLA would be doing even better if it had discluded non-Florida residents, from the start, but still ranks #1 regardless.

Florida's deaths-per-milion population is better than average too, ranking at 26th.

Considering that Florida has the 2nd oldest State populaton in the USA (only Maine is older), it could easily be argued that Florida is amongst the leading states for overall Covid-19 performance, & #1 amongst the top 10 largest states.

It could also be argued that New York is the worst...overall. Its been revealed that Cuomo understated Nursing home deaths by 50%!

I don't know, I have a friend in CA who says the getting the vaccine there is pretty much a matter of winning the lottery, little organization, little information given out about, and so on. Of course she heard stories about how awful Florida was, how they were giving out vaccines to anyone and everyone except the residents, and how they made old people wait for days in the freezing cold to maybe get their vaccines. I told her how it really was here, and wished her luck.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:47 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

You quoted DeSantis’s Twitter photo listed in the article in that first sentence without addressing that the writer of the article and others could not get a direct answer to the White House claim that 50% of doses have not been administered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Cuomo flat out lied...hid the truth..and the news media stills plays him up as some democrat/liberal hero

...anyone else, and they would be in court for that right now
Lied or just had a reporting system that wasn’t the best thing in the world? It looks like they only counted nursing home deaths if they occurred in the facility as opposed to those who died after being sent to a hospital.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-...ca9ba75f8adaef

Ah. The NY government investigated itself. That’s refreshing. Someone in FL government called out possible misleading info and got put in jail.

Nevertheless, when the nursing home thing is brought up here, NO ONE HERE has yet to reply to my repeated statements about the anger being Monday morning quarterbacking. A date specific Twitter search, which seems to be a primary source for a lot of news stories nowadays, brings up no cries of outrage when the measure was passed.

Old 01-31-2021, 02:34 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
people just need to put on their big boy pants and wait their turn.

Old 01-31-2021, 04:08 PM

78 posts, read 89,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Americans excel at being patient...

Old 01-31-2021, 06:48 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,274,988 times
I think Governor DeSantis is doing a good job with the COVID-19 vaccinations, given the supply shortages from the Federal government. The older people are at much more risk than the younger teachers. I've heard many times that there have been no cases worldwide of a teacher being infected by a young student. States like Minnesota are putting teacher and daycare workers ahead of the seniors.

I don't understand why the COVID-19 deaths are deaths "from" COVID-19, and "with" COVID-19. Deaths "with" COVID-19 means that someone actually died of cancer, stroke, heart attack, auto accident, suicide, or something else, and they happened to be COVID-19 positive, so they are counted as a COVID-19 death, when COVID-19 didn't kill them. There's a case in Minnesota where a person had an auto accident. They were thrown from the car, probably because they were not wearing a seat belt, and they were killed. They happened to test positive for COVID-19, and they were then counted as a COVID-19 death, when the auto accident actually caused their death. The actual COVID-19 deaths might be highly inflated. I suspect that the number of deaths from all other causes will be unusually low from the number of expected deaths from all other causes, because those deaths are being misidentified as COVID-19 deaths.

I heard a story about the St Paul Police chief had COVID-19 and recovered in February. A couple days ago, he was vaccinated for COVID-19. So, the fact that he had COVID-19 and recovered, supposedly has immunity, and he still needs to be vaccinated. Therefore, people that had COVID-19 and recovered, apparently still need to be vaccinated.

I've also heard conflicting stories that the first and second Moderna vaccinations are different from each other. I've also heard that the first and second Moderna vaccinations are identical. If the vaccinations are identical, and more vaccinations are given out, then the people that need their second vaccinations will be delayed, and the effectiveness might be reduced. Increasing the time for the second dose is untested. Some are assuming, without any evidence, or science, that the second vaccination can be delayed for six months.

Another thing that bothers me is there is zero news about how long the COVID-19 vaccinations are effective. Is is several months, a year, a lifetime, or some other time period? If the vaccine is only effective a year, the whole effort to vaccinate the US population will clearly fail because it will probably take 2 to 3 years to vaccinate the whole US population. It's going to take even longer than that if illegal aliens and terroists in Gitmo are vaccinated before US citizens. Some people are talking about sharing the US vaccinations with the rest of the world, before the US population is vaccinated. If that happens, that will significantly slow down the vaccination progress for the US citizens.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:13 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post

That turn being behind 40K vaccine tourists that DeSantis cheerfully let through before realizing that vaccine tourism was hurting his reelection odds...

Old 02-01-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
That turn being behind 40K vaccine tourists that DeSantis cheerfully let through before realizing that vaccine tourism was hurting his reelection odds...
Science doesn't care where people's State of residence is at, I thought we had to follow science?

I thought compassion was admirable? Where's the compassion in denying vulnerable souls the vaccine?

I thought discrimination was bad? You prefer Florida discriminate against other U.S. citizens? Is discrimination okay, if it benefits you?

The hypocrisy is astounding. I thought we lived in the UNITED States of America, where we followed science, didn't discriminate against each other, and showed compassion to our fellow countryman.

C'mon man, get with the program.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 02-01-2021 at 06:53 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 05:47 AM

1,064 posts, read 622,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The numbers thrown around include seasonal residents.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:04 AM

No matter what the OP claims, Florida remains the #1 state most Americans want to move to!

Why should Florida discriminate against our fellow Americans? I thought discrimination was bad I thought we were the UNITED States of America

Why should Florida ignore science? ALL 65+'er are more vunerable, viruses dont care what state you are from. Not giving visitors the vaccine would be ignoring science for the sake of discriminating.

Where's the compassion in turning away vulnerable seniors? I thought compasson was a enviable trait

Are we science following, compassionte, citizens of the United States of America, just when it benefits a few? Isn't that only caring about yourselves?

There's a reason Florida is the #1 State Americans ant to move to...wise decisions by compassionate leaders is just one of them.

It's a shame that the incompassionate, science ignoring, angry, & hating Libs, bullied our great Governor into changing course, lowering himself to their level of hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida