Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 05:56 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times

Advertisements

Reports are that there are still many seniors unable to get a vaccine slot in the Naples to Clearwater corridor even as demand remains far lighter further north in the state.

Neither the state nor the feds are doing well in meeting the real senior demand in the SW corner of the state and that's likely slowing down wider vaccine distribution as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 06:15 PM

1,067 posts, read 623,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Meanwhile.. while 18 to 59 year olds really want the vaccine, sites sit empty all day today. Good job DeSantis, ya moron.

North Miami Beach: https://twitter.com/conarck/status/1371479875576598531

Orlando: https://twitter.com/RKrause_News/sta...85218016743427

Jacksonville (Carver Center): https://twitter.com/HannahLee_WOKV/s...78566286860289

Jacksonville (Regency Mall): https://twitter.com/FloridaPIOs/stat...91987837358085

Miami Springs: https://twitter.com/MiamiSpringsFL/s...71283247067136
The doses will all get used.

By the way, you forgot to link to the sites showing that most sites are fully booked, making it silly to open up to all at this point, given that supply is still constrained.

Last edited by Sunscape; 03-16-2021 at 04:40 AM..

Old 03-15-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Reports are that there are still many seniors unable to get a vaccine slot in the Naples to Clearwater corridor even as demand remains far lighter further north in the state.

Neither the state nor the feds are doing well in meeting the real senior demand in the SW corner of the state and that's likely slowing down wider vaccine distribution as well.
SW Florida looks to be doing similar compared to other similar populated areas.

https://data.democratandchronicle.co...er/florida/12/

Old 03-15-2021, 06:24 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
FL seems to be doing ok. Everyone I know (>65) in FL has received a covid vaccination. TP is back on the shelves. No one is waiting outside Publix at 7 am. People are shopping throughout the day. Restaurants are coming back. Tourists are coming back.
Even in the midst of everything that happened last year early on, I shopped with a sense of calm that everything would be okay. Hurricane shopping experiences over the years prepared me well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
The doses will all get used. Your constant bashing of DeSantis is getting tired. Twitter is not a news source, nor does it represent the overall situation in Florida.
But so many online news stories are merely a bunch of quotes from Twitter nowadays.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
Even in the midst of everything that happened last year early on, I shopped with a sense of calm that everything would be okay. Hurricane shopping experiences over the years prepared me well.

But so many online news stories are merely a bunch of quotes from Twitter nowadays.
It is sad that many don’t know the difference between social media and real news.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:41 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,013 times
Quote:
It is sad that many don’t know the difference between social media and real news.
But the empty vaccine sites are real.

Twitter is a good place for breaking news, even if it is not from a media source. Of course, we have to verify that information. I once passed a mall that had a LOT of police activity. When I got to my destination point, it was a Twitter search that let me know there was a active shooter scare. Thankfully, it was a false alarm and just a fist fight with the sound of thrown furniture causing a panic. I've done that over and over about big car accidents that weren't yet reported on the news and other things. Facebook search is trash. No I don't want to know about the car accident on X and Y streets from 2015.

With the Pulse nightclub attack, Twitter posts from people in the club are what made it an international news story before the local news caught wind of it. Given that it was overnight on a weekend, local news staff in the office probably wasn't as high as it would be early on a Tuesday morning.

What I was getting at is a lot of stories, especially the outrage clickbait that we see every couple of days, is usually a bunch of Twitter quotes from random, everyday people.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:58 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
But the empty vaccine sites are real.
That's what people like Jim don't understand.

I don't go by what someone SAYS on facebook. I take a look at actual pictures, when they were posted, look at their exif data, etc. These are real pictures, posted from actual sites, that show a complete failure at the top levels.

The sad part is that it was all so predictable, anyone with a brain predicted this. It's what happens when you have someone who is not for the average person and it's a shame.

I am also not debating if the shots will get used. I have to believe that even in a complete failure of a situation they would not defrost the vial till it was needed.

I'm saying that pictures like these would not exist if we had competent leaders in charge. Many states have opened to 18 and above. We should have done this in FL two weeks ago.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:09 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
Quote:
SW Florida looks to be doing similar compared to other similar populated areas.
Which you have to check against the percentage of over-65s to see percentage of eligible persons reached. Lee and Pinellas have really high geezer ratios and should actually be doing better that they are.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Which you have to check against the percentage of over-65s to see percentage of eligible persons reached. Lee and Pinellas have really high geezer ratios and should actually be doing better that they are.
So go ahead and provide a link to the data that shows SW Florida behind the rest of the state.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:36 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,364 times
Quote:
If we opened it up to 18 and above, we would have chaos and then you would be on here bashing DeSantis for that. We do not have enough supply yet to expand it to all.

Again, check the sites for booking appointments. They are almost all full.

Your post is a complete failure.
No, we wouldn't have chaos. We would have people filling all appointments and shots would be in arms, instead of empty vaccine sites all day today with people standing around.

What we currently have is chaos, with all these rules in place that only seem to favor rich white republican voters..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida