Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 09:22 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,296,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Mississippi is going to all adult ages for vaccines on April 5. Why is Florida taking so long to roll down to other age groups in comparison?
Mississippi population about 3 million.
Florida population about 21.5 million.
UK population about 67 million.

Most likely by April 5, Florida will be at 50+, possibly even 40+, about where UK is on track to be, even after a four-week head start for UK.

Florida is arguably ahead of schedule, and certainly at least in the middle of the track, as usual.

Political theater is as cheap as it is boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 09:33 AM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
There were 14 vaccinations given in ALL of the Florida keys yesterday. Is that seriously the best we can do?
...LOL

a little info for the totally clueless

"yesterday" was Sunday....in the middle of spring break....no idiot leaves their house under those conditions

..the week before there were over 400 vaccinations given...with a population this small

I'm not implying anyone is an idiot....just manipulative

Old 03-16-2021, 10:15 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
Even in the midst of everything that happened last year early on, I shopped with a sense of calm that everything would be okay. Hurricane shopping experiences over the years prepared me well.

But so many online news stories are merely a bunch of quotes from Twitter nowadays.
Exactly, Twitter gripes from people with apparently nothing better to do than to scratch around looking for something to complain about, LOL.

I got an email today from the management company that oversees my PCP's office and about a trillion others in the general area. It was an invite to fill out a registration form for covid vaccination. I registered, and got on their waiting list. They will email further updates and instructions. They get perhaps 1000 vaccination doses at a time, and aren't sure where in their system or when these will arrive, but I'm in no hurry to get vaccinated so this works fine for me. It'll happen when it happens.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:16 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,820,455 times
If Florida is so perfect at vaccination policy then shouldn’t we be vaccinating younger folks too instead of just letting it sit in the coolers?

https://www.wokv.com/news/local/turn...L6QJZJSO3XT7Q/

Old 03-16-2021, 11:25 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,296,042 times
Quote:
If Florida is so perfect at vaccination policy then shouldn’t we be vaccinating younger folks too instead of just letting it sit in the coolers?
Florida is not perfect at anything.

Florida is about average at about everything.

That is exciting!

Political theater is boring.

What Florida excels at:

1) on US soil
2) no state income tax state
3) in the eastern time zone (well, almost all of it)
4) warm temperatures all year round (except maybe the extreme north)
5) plenty of water

Not too many other places on Earth with all those exact five characteristics.

On every other score, human and inhuman, Florida is about average.

Certainly nothing to make boring political theater about.

We should celebrate a State holiday, call it Mediocrity!

And be content with it.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:06 PM

Despite a good, if chaotic, early start, Florida has slipped to 41st for percentage of vaccines distributed that have been administered.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...inistered.html

Now falling behind both New York and Texas and in danger of slipping behind California among the big states. Supply chain is very robust at this point so need to hold back as much in case of disruptions to that.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:34 AM

3,423 posts, read 2,390,232 times
Quote:
Despite a good, if chaotic, early start, Florida has slipped to 41st for percentage of vaccines distributed that have been administered.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...inistered.html

Now falling behind both New York and Texas and in danger of slipping behind California among the big states. Supply chain is very robust at this point so need to hold back as much in case of disruptions to that.
Yup he just opened the vaccines up for people 60 and older.

The Fed wants all states open for all residents of all eligible ages (16 and over) May 1.

My 60th birthday is May 4.

So I'll have to wait til a few days before my 60th birthday just to call for an appointment.

Meanwhile, several states are already opened to anyone of any eligible age, And many states are already open to 50+.

Florida is WAY behind. Not just mediocre, not just average. WELL below average.

And totally not surprised.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:12 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,209,687 times
You would think with such a high proportion of anti-mask, anti-vax population that those who do want the vaccine in FL wouldn't have to try multiple days to get an appointment. Is it possible that some/many of the same people who pitch a fit at being asked to wear a mask are quietly getting their shots like the former guy?

Living my life with healthy fear and an appropriate response to same. Not the same as living my life in fear but whatever.
Meh.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
You would think with such a high proportion of anti-mask, anti-vax population that those who do want the vaccine in FL wouldn't have to try multiple days to get an appointment.
It seems very easy to find open vaccine appointment times in the FL panhandle compared to the rest of the state and that’s as Trump cult as an area can get. Really, if they’re having trouble selling the shots up here, they should be sending fewer vials here and more to areas of higher demand.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:43 PM

3,423 posts, read 2,390,232 times
Quote:
It seems very easy to find open vaccine appointment times in the FL panhandle compared to the rest of the state and that’s as Trump cult as an area can get. Really, if they’re having trouble selling the shots up here, they should be sending fewer vials here and more to areas of higher demand.
My husband couldn't even get through to the phone number you call in order to make an appointment. He's tried a few times in the past week (ever since desantis opened it up to people 60 or older).

We're in the Villages - denialist central.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida