Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 06:24 PM

786 posts, read 616,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
You have yet to dispute the data in the links. Therefore, you cannot not just say “Agree to disagree”. You are now admitting to the school child insult, yet avoid throwing out the troll comments.

As for Florida, read the history. You started it by saying Florida was #3 and #4 on infections and deaths. I pointed out how you should be ranking, like the medical community, asked on per capita. After spelling it out several times, you have yet to explain why you don’t accept measurement based on per capita. Remember, you started by making the first point on Florida ranking.

Lastly, why do I have to report you on political posts? Do you think it is okay to break the forum rules as long as you don’t get caught?

Oh No, I am absolutely standing by the troll comment. You earn it rightfully, and I've been feeding you for laughs since your silly Israel nonsense. I was agreeing with another poster about your school child babble, sorry it cuts you deep, seems to be a good opportunity to reevaluate how you engage others in a public forum.

You can cry per capita all you want, 31K deaths is in line with 3 other states that have massively failed as well. It's a shame that you want to dismiss the severity of that, just shows th ed kind of person you really are.

This thread along with all other threads here are full of discussion and criticism of state leadership... it's only "Political Crap" when it you dont agree with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 07:03 PM

18,208 posts, read 8,034,294 times
Florida is ranked 27th for covid deaths....

over half the states in this country are rated worse

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...te-july-1.html

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

==========

..and in spite of the fact that Florida has the largest over 65 population in the entire country......Florida has one of the lowest fatality rates in the entire country..... 1.6%

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D

Last edited by Corrie22; 03-08-2021 at 08:32 PM..

Old 03-08-2021, 07:19 PM

786 posts, read 616,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post

I'm sure that's a real comfort to the families of the 31k and counting, as they have been watching both citizens and state government continously dismiss the severity play it off as a joke.

If Florida is doing so good, why did the FEDs roll in with their own set of rules?

Old 03-08-2021, 07:28 PM

18,208 posts, read 8,034,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post
I'm sure that's a real comfort to the families of the 31k and counting, as they have been watching both citizens and state government continously dismiss the severity play it off as a joke.
If Florida is doing so good, why did the FEDs roll in with their own set of rules?
I just posted the facts....deal with it

Quote:

==========

..and in spite of the fact that Florida has the largest over 65 population in the entire country......Florida has one of the lowest fatality rates in the entire country..... 1.6%

Old 03-08-2021, 07:28 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,718,580 times
YIKES this thread blew up in the last 24-36 hours! And between maybe 3-4 people!

Quote:
We keep hearing people like you talk about flare ups in Florida with winter travelers, opening Disney, opening schools, the Super Bowl, and on and on. Yet compare hospitalization rates and deaths per capita in Florida versus the lockdown states.
Question: If visitors come here and get COVID and go back home, does that get counted as a Florida case or a NY, MI, TX, etc. case/hospitalization/death? I remember the story about a group of professionals from NYC who spent a weekend partying in Miami last spring when this all started. Were those Florida cases or NYC cases? (NYC is apparently its own jurisdiction in CDC reporting.)

There is a report saying that the Super Bowl was NOT a super spreader event, so kudos to them. However, I believe that is limited to *official* Super Bowl events and not the random crows at bars, Ybor City, etc.

Quote:
You are looking at a small sample size (consider margin of error from statistics). Look at my previous post looking at An entire state (California) with uniform lockdowns), versus Florida, when look at ages 17 and below. Anyone can cherry pick individual schools.
Remember that other states include up to age 20 in their pediatric data. When DeSantis tweeted his "I told you so" graph about schools, the data from Florida's stopped at age 14/15 compared to the states in the graph that went up to age 20.

Anyway, are all of these attacks between everyone worth it? Personally, I don't mind seniors getting vaccinated. However, I feel like there is a implication by some that that people aren't allowed to consider how things could have been done differently.

Remember, not all seniors are gated community, well off and financially stable people who made a ton of money in other states. Regular people who spent their careers here with the Florida discount on their income live here too. It sucks that it appears some where able to use their privilege to get vaccines quicker, but that's just kind of always how things will be.

I think the angst about vaccine schedules came from people who have concerns about themselves who wanted more clarity on when they would have the opportunity to be vaccinated, and the response to those concerns seemed to be "When we get to it so shut up....SeniorsFirst(™)." I'm sure plenty of those people have living parents and maybe grandparents and were grateful if they were able to get the vaccine. More clarity, even if adjustments had to made in the process based on supply or demand, would have been beneficial.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:29 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,762,196 times
Quote:

==========

Florida was not ground zero when this started and had an advantage of having it play out in NY and WA before it became a problem here. DeSantis did more to hurt Floridians than help them. Lucky for him we weren't in the the opening scene.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:35 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,762,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post

I think the angst about vaccine schedules came from people who have concerns about themselves who wanted more clarity on when they would have the opportunity to be vaccinated, and the response to those concerns seemed to be "When we get to it so shut up....SeniorsFirst(™)." I'm sure plenty of those people have living parents and maybe grandparents and were grateful if they were able to get the vaccine. More clarity, even if adjustments had to made in the process based on supply or demand, would have been beneficial.
You are correct on that one. 2 or 3 months of hearing DeSantis scream seniors first and tell me that I'm not allowed to get it had me pissed off. Seniors are not the only ones being negatively effected by CV. As of today I got my first shot, thanks to BIDEN and BIDEN ONLY. 100's or 1000's of LEO's got their shots this weekend at the FEMA locations that DeSantis said NO to.

Teachers, my family, also got their first shots this weekend in FL, all thanks to the Fed's. Meanwhile we have DeSantis still screaming BUT SENIORS.... The facts are playing out and it looks like DeSantis sent vaccines to wealthy senior compounds. IF he really cared about getting the most venerable, he wouldn't have sent it to those communities first. (Google Ocean Reef, January).

Old 03-08-2021, 07:48 PM

1,064 posts, read 612,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Florida was not ground zero when this started and had an advantage of having it play out in NY and WA before it became a problem here. DeSantis did more to hurt Floridians than help them. Lucky for him we weren't in the the opening scene.
We are a year out from the start. The starting points are no longer relevant from an exposure standpoint? Your comments are merely political.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
YIKES this thread blew up in the last 24-36 hours! And between maybe 3-4 people!

Question: If visitors come here and get COVID and go back home, does that get counted as a Florida case or a NY, MI, TX, etc. case/hospitalization/death? I remember the story about a group of professionals from NYC who spent a weekend partying in Miami last spring when this all started. Were those Florida cases or NYC cases? (NYC is apparently its own jurisdiction in CDC reporting.)

There is a report saying that the Super Bowl was NOT a super spreader event, so kudos to them. However, I believe that is limited to *official* Super Bowl events and not the random crows at bars, Ybor City, etc.

Remember that other states include up to age 20 in their pediatric data. When DeSantis tweeted his "I told you so" graph about schools, the data from Florida's stopped at age 14/15 compared to the states in the graph that went up to age 20.

Anyway, are all of these attacks between everyone worth it? Personally, I don't mind seniors getting vaccinated. However, I feel like there is a implication by some that that people aren't allowed to consider how things could have been done differently.

Remember, not all seniors are gated community, well off and financially stable people who made a ton of money in other states. Regular people who spent their careers here with the Florida discount on their income live here too. It sucks that it appears some where able to use their privilege to get vaccines quicker, but that's just kind of always how things will be.

You can actually look at the ages 17 and below. You have to compare the same age range.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I just posted the facts....deal with it
Cfenn doesn’t get the concept of looking at per capita numbers. By his logic, then it is okay to compare New York State to Vermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida