Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 10:05 PM

71 posts, read 81,379 times

Advertisements

which place in Florida is the riskiest to drive and safest?

My choices-
Miami and Doral- Riskiest & Worst
Panama City in the off season - safest and easiest.Applies to most places in the pan handle.

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 08:13 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,692,815 times
It's REALLY America, Not just a Florida thing anylonger and for many years.

What can I tell you. Ask any long distance trucker out there and they will tell you that the Bad Drivers in this Country are a Pandemia without any vaccines to resolve it.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:20 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,089,843 times
Orlando because of the huge amount of tourists. Miami just have to be aggressive and aware.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:22 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Miami the riskiest—red lights and stop signs are merely suggestions and a high percentage of uninsured motorists. Then there is the patented let’s exit the highway from the extreme left lane at the last second. Equally dangerous for pedestrians who are merely speed bumps.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:37 PM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Orlando because of the huge amount of tourists. Miami just have to be aggressive and aware.
I second this. Never seen anything as reckless as Orlando, and it's largely due to the tourists.

Miami is more aggressive.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:31 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,545 times
Is Orlando's issue all about the tourists?

I see crazy stuff in areas most tourists don't even know exist.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:53 PM

786 posts, read 626,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post

Not just tourists. Too many inexperienced and immature drivers, poor quality law enforcement that doesn't do enough to address the bad driving behavior... so nobody learns their lesson.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:01 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,692,815 times
Law Enforcement in SW Miami is NIL, until one takes off at 4:45 AM making noise and the Christmas Tree Lights on, followed by at least 4 more Clowns doinn the same..for what ???

35 mph Zones By me, people are driving and doinn 70 MPH..No Cops ?? Blame it on the Economy..and the Politicians that have allowed all this to happen for YEARS

Old 03-05-2021, 11:08 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,126,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post

This.

Not many tourists in Winter Park/NE Orlando. Lots of UCF stickers and license plate frames, though. Lots of soccer moms in their suburban assault vehicles.

From my very unscientific observation it's 2-3% of the drivers that are complete sociopaths. My wife was getting coffee the other day and the barista and the lady at the counter were trading war stories/bragging about their speeding and getting tickets. One of them for doubling the speed limit in a school zone at 3pm and then complaining about how she shouldn't have gotten a ticket.

Yeah, the psychos on the road around here are almost entirely "Flo Grown".

Central Florida is top 5 worst for distracted driving
https://www.valuepenguin.com/auto-in...racted-driving

For total crashes and fatalities it looks like Orange might be #2 behind Miami-Dade (at least in per capita terms.)
https://www.flhsmv.gov/traffic-crash...ash-dashboard/

Ideally we'd go after the worst 0.5% of drivers but even just a focus on getting the worst 0.1% of the drivers off the road (about 15,000 drivers across the state) would go a long way towards making the roads safer and sending a message. In Orange County that would work out to the worst 870 drivers. Over a two year period that's just over 1 driver per day. You wouldn't even really need to do anything extra aside from some tougher legislation about license suspension, like lowering the points threshold. That's the only way you bring the death toll down. It's bad out there. We're not in the top 10 but we're #11.
https://www.reviews.com/insurance/ca...s-for-driving/

Old 03-05-2021, 11:52 AM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
This.

Not many tourists in Winter Park/NE Orlando. Lots of UCF stickers and license plate frames, though. Lots of soccer moms in their suburban assault vehicles.
Oh, yes of course drivers are bad all over Central Florida, especially East/NE.
But from my observation, the absolute worst of the worst tends to be on that I-4 stretch around the theme parks... Past Millenia, before Champion's Gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida