Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 02:33 PM

3,358 posts, read 2,323,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Yes - if you give a person the first shot, you must reserve the second. It's in stock, but not available for vaccination until the person who got the first shot is ready to receive the second shot. Otherwise you run a system like social security trust fund where you hope you will have enough on hand in the future to pay today's retirees. Florida has chosen to actually put the vaccine aside to ensure that people who received the first jab, can get the second jab.
They did that after the fiasco of the first rollout, where they not only didn't have enough to distribute and people got to their appointments only to learn that there wasn't any vaccine available, but two weeks later when it was time for the first batch to get their second shot, there weren't any available.

Florida started out with NO plan at all. The governor told the counties "yeah you'll get some" and that was that. Sink or swim, that's basically all they had to go by. And it didn't occur to the counties to restrict the vaccine to residents only, so people came from out of state to get their first shot - depleting the resources available for residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 06:15 AM

25,470 posts, read 12,587,741 times
I live in Florida, and know a LOT fo people due to my activities. I have not heard any negative comments about Florida's vaccine roll-out, & most have had at least 1 shot. They are quite pleased in fact.

Old 03-28-2021, 07:44 PM

161 posts, read 126,481 times
Thumbs up Bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Scroll down through any State forum or country in the World forum ...

and witness that humans, complain, Complain, COMPLAIN ...

- about the weather
- it's too hot
- it's too cold
- it's too dry
- it's too humid
- people talk too much
- people talk too little
- about the way people dress
- about obese people
- about skinny people
- about food
- about water
- about diet
- about exercise
- about television
- about the way people live
- about traffic
- about the way people drive
- about the way people park
- about the cost of living
- about the cheap
- about the expensive
- about schools
- about public schools
- about private schools
- about virtual schools
- about homeschools
- about too many taxes
- about too few taxes
- about health care
- about the government
- about wearing masks
- about not wearing masks
- about severe lockdowns
- about not enough lockdowns
- about having to take vaccines
- about the vaccine rollout

... and COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN about everything under the sun and where the sun don't shine, except THEMSELVES.

Yet we praise you to high heaven, O Poseidon, for the way YOU, single-handedly, managed the vaccine rollout throughout the planet to some seven billion people at light speed.

Thank you!

This made my day. Spot on.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:12 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,799,401 times
I'm getting vaccinated tomorrow. I'm under 50. My parents in their late 70s in Pennsylvania have yet to be vaccinated. They are on various waiting lists. It's like the Hunger Games up there.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:52 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,337,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I live in Florida, and know a LOT fo people due to my activities. I have not heard any negative comments about Florida's vaccine roll-out, & most have had at least 1 shot. They are quite pleased in fact.
Everybody in my Florida family has gotten their shots with no issues what so ever. The places where they got them were well staffed and very well organized. I'm under 60 so when DeSantis opened it up for my group, I got in on the first day to get my first shot. Easy Peasy. I go in next week to get my second shot and then we'll be golden. All of these people complaining about the job DeSantis has done just don't like him so ANYTHING they can find to insult him, they are using it including down right lies.

Has it gone smooth the whole time, nope. But it hasn't been smooth for ANY state. It's not like we've been through this before so we should expect hiccups. That said, I think we've worked through the kinks and have done a pretty darn good job getting the shots out to folks. Of course some states have gotten more of their population inoculated than we have but we are a HUGE state with the third highest population in the country. It will take us longer than all of these other smaller states.

Old 04-01-2021, 03:12 PM

9,316 posts, read 16,624,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
You might be the only person willing to say that out in public. Thank-you!
I would say it to his face given the opportunity

Old 04-01-2021, 05:08 PM

14,891 posts, read 12,052,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
Everybody in my Florida family has gotten their shots with no issues what so ever. The places where they got them were well staffed and very well organized. I'm under 60 so when DeSantis opened it up for my group, I got in on the first day to get my first shot. Easy Peasy. I go in next week to get my second shot and then we'll be golden. All of these people complaining about the job DeSantis has done just don't like him so ANYTHING they can find to insult him, they are using it including down right lies.

Has it gone smooth the whole time, nope. But it hasn't been smooth for ANY state. It's not like we've been through this before so we should expect hiccups. That said, I think we've worked through the kinks and have done a pretty darn good job getting the shots out to folks. Of course some states have gotten more of their population inoculated than we have but we are a HUGE state with the third highest population in the country. It will take us longer than all of these other smaller states.
Those who've gotten their vaccines include seasonal residents/visitors, many whose primary residences are in northern/northeastern states, as long as they could prove they resided in FL at least one month per year. So those vaccinated in Florida include significantly more than just the population counted to make Florida the third most populated state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida