Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 06:21 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,126,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Winn-Dixie has a pharmacy (not sure if it is at all locations) but if Winn Dixie (Southern Grocers) were not posed to make money off offering vaccinations, they had no interest in offering vaccinations.

The primary reason for going with Publix is that they were recommended for their vaccine distribution readiness by The Florida Division of Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health.

For most of my life, I lived more than 20 miles from Publix. But dammit if I had to get to Publix for potentially life-saving vaccines for myself or my family, I'd figure out a way to get there.
I'm not sure how the grocery stores would be making money off offering vaccines, except for figuring that people coming into the stores for vaccines will do some shopping while they are there. But that would be true for Winn Dixie as well as Publix.

Millennium Physicians Group is also offering covid vaccines at selected locations. Doesn't look like you have to be a Millennium patient to sign up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 06:55 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,340,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
You are quoting Breitbart? Nuff said. Very biased Republican opinionated reporting that often publishes propaganda, half truths, and totally untrue stories.

Being a Floridian, I thought the report last night on 60 minutes was pretty accurate.

The rich were able to get shots before most of us.
The rich and famous and people on vacation did fly in and get their shots before most of us...until us low lifes protested and Desantis did add being Florida resident as a criteria.

Owners of Publix did give big donations to his reelection as did many of the richer 55+ plus communities and neigborhoods of million $ houses with CEOs from all over getting their shots before most of us. BTW I am part of Publix families who do have stock in the company and saying that they were chosen because they are a Florida company with roots? What about Winn Dixie? It has them too, but they didn't get the vaccine until late March.

He reported that Palm Beach got the first vaccines because they were ready and could accommodate but West Palm where regular working class and minorities mostly live received none of the vaccine even though they were up and ready, too.

The poorer areas near the Everglades stopped getting any vaccines when Publix became the main distributor even though the closest Publix was 25 miles away. The county sites closed. Most of the people are minorities, many older had no access to cars, computers, or cell phones to get appointments but were also getting sick and dying of covid.

We cannot deny that the vaccine distribution in Florida was rocky. What we can say is it has gotten better in the last few weeks and many of his early misgivings have been corrected with the help of the Federal government adding to the distribution.
OMG!!! This is a blatant LIE!!!! The "rich" did not get the vaccine first. Long term care facilities full of elderly people and healthcare workers got it first. You know who else got it before most Floridians? Belle Glades in Palm Beach county, majority poor black population, along with other underserved areas.

Publix was selected for the PILOT program they did in 3 counties to see how it would work out. It worked great and now other retailers are giving the vaccine, including Winn Dixie, CVS, Walgreen's, Sam's and Walmart. Winn Dixie does not have the footprint in Florida the way Publix has AND, they didn't have the proper storage for the vaccine until March so there's that little factoid. It made perfect sense for them to do the pilot when you factor in 90% of the most vulnerable Floridians (old people) live within 5 miles of a Publix. The poorer areas in the Everglades were getting the vaccine before most of us were and they are still getting it via CVS, Walgreen's and their local health departments.

As far as the "rich" getting the shot. Well heaven forbid we vaccinate elderly people that happen to have a little money. That rich neighborhood that you are talking about that got the shots in January happens to have almost 30 THOUSAND seniors. Should we just make a rule that if you happen to have any money, you are denied the vaccine?

Old 04-06-2021, 07:33 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
OMG!!! This is a blatant LIE!!!! The "rich" did not get the vaccine first.
Ocean Reef Club?

Old 04-06-2021, 07:42 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I'm not sure how the grocery stores would be making money off offering vaccines, except for figuring that people coming into the stores for vaccines will do some shopping while they are there. But that would be true for Winn Dixie as well as Publix.

Millennium Physicians Group is also offering covid vaccines at selected locations. Doesn't look like you have to be a Millennium patient to sign up.
Americans do not directly pay for vaccines (at least for now), but pharmacies are reimbursed via CMS, private insurance, and the Provider Relief Fund (for uninsured).

Old 04-06-2021, 08:23 AM

518 posts, read 868,570 times
Quote:

I believe 60 min said that they are paid 40.00 a shot to administer the vaccine.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:27 AM

24 posts, read 24,255 times
Let's be fair, okay? CBS lied - sins of omission

Dreadful tactic but not unexpected from a leftist tool. They have lost their credible investigatory heritage.

~juicy

Old 04-06-2021, 08:48 AM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyFredda View Post
Let's be fair, okay? CBS lied - sins of omission

Dreadful tactic but not unexpected from a leftist tool. They have lost their credible investigatory heritage.

~juicy
Just as the use of the phrase "leftist tool" destroys your credibility.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:40 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how the grocery stores would be making money off offering vaccines, .
Publix mailed me a letter after my Covid vaccination suggesting I might want a shingles vaccine. I'm in their database now so they are free to solicit me for whatever they choose. The quality of the new names in their database is golden and it would take a poor marketing department to not capitalize on that list.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:18 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
60 minutes was wrong, no disputing that, even the Democrats have come out to say it, that just how wrong it was, lol.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:40 AM

24 posts, read 24,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Publix mailed me a letter after my Covid vaccination suggesting I might want a shingles vaccine. I'm in their database now so they are free to solicit me for whatever they choose. The quality of the new names in their database is golden and it would take a poor marketing department to not capitalize on that list.
if the County did it, you would even have more negative, positive exposure LOL

~juicy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida