Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:21 PM

96 posts, read 133,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I think people are not too crazy about the rednecks who mostly reside in North Florida plus the weather cooler making South Florida more desirable.
Those are exactly some of the reasons why I don't like North Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 06:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I think people are not too crazy about the rednecks who mostly reside in North Florida plus the weather cooler making South Florida more desirable.
Lol, when I think of S FL weather, the word "desirable" doesnt exactly come to mind. As a native, it's too hot for too long. Period.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:32 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Actually, I like it when ppl in S FL think that way of Central/North FL. Keep them down there lol.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,547 times
I currently live in South Florida. I have visited north before and the people there are so friendly. Down here, you may become defensive because a lot of people are rude and judgmental. I was raised very sheltered and then when I got to High School, many kids tried to corrupt me LOL. They hated my innocence. It was like swimming with sharks, either you adapt or be eaten. The people who couldn't handle the sharks were either on anti-depressants or developed low self esteem. I think it depends on your personality, if u consider yourself a shark in life who loves da popular scenario, willing to push for a job (jobs are hard to come by over here so you gotta bring something to the table over everyone else and NOT show your boss fear, shyness, or low self esteem) then S.F. is perfect for you. I'm considering moving up north. I can't stand all the anxiety it takes trying to fit in with sharks daily.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:40 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times
CFL shares characteristics of SFL and NFL in regards to culture, climate, and feel, and therefore is the perfect middle ground.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:51 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,654,825 times
For me personally, most of FL north of Greater Orlando is just too Southern, but without the redeeming qualities of other Deep South areas such as GA, AL, MS, LA, and so forth (i.e., close-knit, neighborly, multi-generational communities; friendly, polite, helpful folks; a general deference to authority; etc.).

Old 07-06-2014, 02:27 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
For me personally, most of FL north of Greater Orlando is just too Southern, but without the redeeming qualities of other Deep South areas such as GA, AL, MS, LA, and so forth (i.e., close-knit, neighborly, multi-generational communities; friendly, polite, helpful folks; a general deference to authority; etc.).
I guess you lived North of the middle of FL to know these things as well as in GA, AL, MS, LA to experience their ways of life too.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:41 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Old thread, but the problem with South Florida is the rising COL, it's just getting too out of whack for average people and even those who are well educated are finding salaries and quality of jobs not the best to justify high rents, home prices, mind blowing car insurance rates and etc. I don't think North Florida is a mecca for jobs outside of Jax.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,363 times
Everyone who says you have to bring a lot of money to southern Florida is so wrong! The average cost of living in Ft. Lauderdale is $35,000 a year if you can't get that in one year something is very wrong! Southern Florida is by far way more Fun and just amazing living than northern Florida! And northern Florida does freeze every now and then. So no thanks!

Old 09-10-2014, 07:32 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
South Florida weather was a nightmare for me. I hate hot and humidity weather unless its the summer. I like the seasons. Heat and Humidity 9 months a year is horrible. The only months i liked South Florida's weather was Dec through Feb. By March it was heating up to 85 plus and humid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida