Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2006, 09:43 AM

12 posts, read 56,739 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about moving to Havana Florida, which is about 15 miles north of Tallahasee. Can anyone give us information on the town? What is the best and worst things about the city and county? How is the crime? How are the schools? We live in southeast Michigan and the job market is horrible. So is the weather. We are sick of it. We are looking for a new way of life. Thank You and have a great New Year.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 10:18 AM

504 posts, read 1,764,109 times
Do you mean Miami?

Just kidding.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:28 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,436,311 times
Hi Newlife, no info, but good luck to you. We are from So. Dak. and will also be heading to Fla. in the future. I'm hoping this is our last winter up here. Windchill is now at 3, but at least it's above zero.

Old 12-31-2006, 03:02 PM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,041,148 times
Default Not good

Schools in Havana and Gadsden County are horrible. Lots of crime for a relatively small town. You are better of looking in nearby Tallahassee.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:54 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,322 times
Schools in Havana and Gadsden County are horrible. Lots of crime for a relatively small town.

There is no law enforcement in Gadsden County....or should I say what is there is crooked and in bed with the drug dealers with which the place is overrun. I could tell you a story you wouldn't believe...it sounds like something out of a movie. Just be forewarned!

Old 12-31-2006, 08:10 PM

173 posts, read 521,838 times
Well I'm in Tallahassee, why not move here? I don't know a lot about Havana, but Havana and Quincy have had crime problems, but probably nothing like your used to in Michigan, murder rate isn't to high, but there is crime. Don't know of any schools in Havana, but most people go to East Gadsen. Don't know if that helps, but I would visit the area first.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:33 PM

33 posts, read 345,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS View Post
Schools in Havana and Gadsden County are horrible. Lots of crime for a relatively small town. You are better of looking in nearby Tallahassee.
Yea, I agree. The cops there will stop you in a heartbeat.Havana

Old 04-09-2007, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,506 times
Default to ournewlife

I moved to gadsden county about 5 years ago. I recommend it highly. Crime is much lower than in the northeast where I came from. While I'm sure things happen I've seen people move out of homes that they leave empty for years and not have any difficulty. People seem to feel quite safe to walk in the local towns. The people are most friendly. All in all it is great. It seems that almost anyone who can sends their children to a private school and there are many to choose from, most are Christian. It is hot. You should like hot weather if you plan to live here. Of course air conditioning helps but if you like to go outside between May and October expect to be in some heat. Like everyone else though you'll probably get used to it. I hope you didn't let all the other comments discourage you. If you like life in the country you might love it in Havanna or Quincy. Havanna has more antique stores. Quincy is the county seat and doesn't have the antique stores of Havanna but it has community theater and a local art organization.

I hope you enjoy the area.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:26 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,721 times
Why Havana Florida????? Lots of other places to chose from. And if you thought jobs were hard to come by where you live .... oh gosh - keep on looking.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,048 times
Default Crawfordville

Crawfordville, Florida is a nice town. We have good schools and are south of Tallahassee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: