Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 04:52 PM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You continue to act as though there's a playbook for Covid. There's not.

If people don't get vaccinated, we'll always have it with us.
either you didn't read my post....or can't understand what I posted....read the quote at the bottom again....it's the complete opposite of some playbook

I'm not the one acting like there's some playbook at all....just the total opposite

...the people, cruiselines, etc etc that are acting like people that are vaccinated and it's over,...........are the ones with the playbook

DNTC is absolutely right....it is ludicrous

..not only can people under 17 catch and spread covid....people that are vaccinated can catch and spread it too

the cruise ships are the ones acting like if everyone is vaccinated it's over....that playbook

CDC > "Although COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting sick, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms."

In other words......they don't know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 07:27 PM

786 posts, read 625,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
Because when go out and about in society, I see legions of fat bodies. When I am at the grocery store, I see these fat bodies loading their shopping carts up with high carb, highly processed foods. In particular, the junk in the frozen “foods” section and the potato chips and cookies section.

Now, I can tell these people aren’t exercising much, if at all.

Contrast that with me, I exercise 7 days a week. It’s rare that I take a day off.

I run 2 days a week for 5-7 miles on each outing. My running pace is around 8:00-8:15 minutes per mile.

I bike 2 days a week for 20-25 miles on each outing. I lift weights the other 3 days. I eat a high protein, moderate fat, low carb diet. Most of my food purchasing is done in the fresh produce and lean meats sections.

1 beer a week is a heavy drinking week for me. Everything else is water.

I’m in my late 40s. I’m 6’0” fall and 165 pounds. My body fat % is around 11%-13%.

When I see how my average fellow Americans don’t give a damn about protecting themselves because of their lifestyle choices, why should I give a damn about “protecting” them?

It isn’t younger (under age 65), healthy people dropping dead from COVID-19, by and large it is the older people and fat bodies.

You just criticized others about bad lifestyle choices and at 6'0 tall you target a weight of 165lbs!?!

Old 06-06-2021, 07:41 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,786 times
All you anti-vaxers must really hate your parents. All those vaccines they pumped into you before you could even talk. DTP, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, whooping cough, and a host of others. Would it have been better if you didn't get the vaccinations? Some of you may not have made it out of childhood. Some of you may have permanent disabilities (I have a friend who lost a substantial amount of her hearing after getting the mumps.)

Then you could all be sanctimonious and tell us about your wonderfully healthy lifestyle and 11% body fat AND you could brag about beating all those diseases. But alas, your parents pumped you full of poison before you could talk.

Last edited by macrodome2; 06-06-2021 at 08:07 PM..

Old 06-06-2021, 08:11 PM

85 posts, read 57,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
All you anti-vaxers must really hate your parents. All those vaccines they pumped into you before you could even talk. DTP, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, whooping cough, and a host of others. Wouldn't if have been better if you didn't get the vaccinations? Some of you may not have made it out of childhood. Some of you may have permanent disabilities (I have a friend who lost a substantial amount of her hearing after getting the mumps.

Then you could all be sanctimonious and tell us about your wonderfully healthy lifestyle and 11% body fat AND you could brag about beating all those diseases. But alas, your parents pumped you full of poison before you could talk.
See if you can figure out the difference between the viruses you listed and Covid. Think really hard. Get those neurons burning good and hot. And then slap yourself upside the head for being a nincompoop.

I'm not anti-vax. I'm anti-barely researched-non FDA approved-who knows what the long term effects-vax. Especially when it's for a virus, that, the huge huge majority of people who get it, have zero symptoms, the other huge majority have minor symptoms akin to the cold or flu and a minute amount of people die. I'll take my chances.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:47 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Absolute lunacy that people who can get vaccinated don't.
No, it’s not. Why do I need a flu shot? This ‘vaccine’ doesn’t protect you from getting Covid and you can still spread it. If you’re vaccinated, and think your protected, why are you so worried about those who aren’t? Don’t you trust the science??

Old 06-07-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Excellent example yesterday of consequences. Professional golfer Jon Rahm had to withdraw from the Memorial golf tournament yesterday with a six stroke lead after testing positive for Covid although asymptomatic. Golfers who are 14 days past their last vaccination shot are not subject to Covid testing. The withdrawal could have been prevented with a vaccination as late as middle of May. The winner today will collect over a million dollars.
Ans yet, those vaccinated players could also have Covid and spread it... great vaccine.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
You’re right. I don’t give a damn about protecting others.

Why you ask? Because when go out and about in society, I see legions of fat bodies. When I am at the grocery store, I see these fat bodies loading their shopping carts up with high carb, highly processed foods. In particular, the junk in the frozen “foods” section and the potato chips and cookies section.

Now, I can tell these people aren’t exercising much, if at all.

Contrast that with me, I exercise 7 days a week. It’s rare that I take a day off.

I run 2 days a week for 5-7 miles on each outing. My running pace is around 8:00-8:15 minutes per mile.

I bike 2 days a week for 20-25 miles on each outing. I lift weights the other 3 days. I eat a high protein, moderate fat, low carb diet. Most of my food purchasing is done in the fresh produce and lean meats sections.

1 beer a week is a heavy drinking week for me. Everything else is water.

I’m in my late 40s. I’m 6’0” fall and 165 pounds. My body fat % is around 11%-13%.

When I see how my average fellow Americans don’t give a damn about protecting themselves because of their lifestyle choices, why should I give a damn about “protecting” them?

It isn’t younger (under age 65), healthy people dropping dead from COVID-19, by and large it is the older people and fat bodies.
It’s not just fatties dying from Covid. It’s people (fat or thin, in all age groups) with HBP, asthma and diabetes who are dropping dead from Covid too.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:20 AM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Ans yet, those vaccinated players could also have Covid and spread it... great vaccine.
...my guess would be....someone pointed that out to Royal Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
"Royal Caribbean has decided not to require passengers on U.S. cruises to be vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19.

An ongoing battle with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has apparently concluded as the company announced Friday that passengers do not need a COVID-19 vaccine.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:49 AM

141 posts, read 115,119 times
Those of us who are vaccinated should practice what we preach and "trust the science". Return to normal living. Go on cruises. Go to the store. Go out to eat. Go do whatever you did before the virus hit. Let the misguided people who refuse the vaccine live with any consequences for their inaction. They are not our problem anymore. I do feel sorry for anyone unable to get the vaccine who falls ill, of course.

Old 06-07-2021, 07:48 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
No, it’s not. Why do I need a flu shot? This ‘vaccine’ doesn’t protect you from getting Covid and you can still spread it. If you’re vaccinated, and think your protected, why are you so worried about those who aren’t? Don’t you trust the science??
The science now says vaccinated people have a 95% reduction in spreading the virus.

The science also says that unvaccinated people are havens for the virus to mutate and create a variant that gets past the vaccines. The types of vaccines used in the USA are holding so far but may not be for much longer with all those ‘trust the science’ refuseniks who don’t really have a clue about the science serving as breeding farms for a variant that can slip past the vaccines.

We’re already seeing big coronavirus surges from variants in places with high vaccination rates like Chile and Bahrain. The vaccines they’ve been using aren’t as good as what we get here but still should have been fire breaks for the virus there.

As for living life, doing my best to do so despite the virus. Briefly contemplated blowing a bunch of frequent flyer miles on a last minute trip to Paris to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary because France is now welcoming the vaccinated and their euros but decided the better value for those was Berlin for my 50th next summer was a better value for the miles instead. Had a lovely trip to Sedona a few weeks back and Yosemite later this summer (capacity controlled again this year so a great time to visit) and we’ll do a little light remodeling instead of Paris right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida