Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 06:16 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,745,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Apparently the only eye witness to the building's collapse, who was a victim, reported that the swimming pool collapsed into a sink hole. Do you think she imagined it?
She could have mis-interpreted what she saw, which could have been the pool collapsing into the underground parking garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 06:19 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Apparently the only eye witness to the building's collapse, who was a victim, reported that the swimming pool collapsed into a sink hole. Do you think she imagined it?
apparently....you still don't know what you're talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Footage taken SEVEN minutes before Miami condo collapse shows water flooding into damaged garage from ceiling:

Video shows water gushing into the garage below Champlain Towers South in Miami's Surfside neighborhood

The footage was recorded at 1.18am on June 24 - seven minutes before the building collapsed at 1.25am

It was recorded and posted to TikTok by Adriana Sarmiento, who said she was swimming in hotel pool nearby when she heard a noise and went to investigate

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-collapse.html
"Sarmiento claims she tried to wave residents to evacuate, but they couldn't understand what she was trying to say. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...call-help.html

...do all of us a favor....read through all the threads and posts on this so far......everything you're posting has been covered already...and you don't seem to know what you're talking about

Old 07-01-2021, 06:20 PM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:

Given this eye witness account, I would find it bizarre that the "experts" are ruling out a sink hole. In your typical fashion, much like Corrie claiming with no support that the building had an elevation of 50 feet above sea level, you make this claim with no documentation. Please document that the "experts" have ruled out a sink hole as contributing to the building's collapse. If you can't do so, why did make this claim?

I've never claimed to be an expert on Florida sinkholes. I did read that they often are associated with droughts. Unlike you, I did hear an expert interviewed on TV who said that sinkholes should be considered.

Candidly, I don't think you're funny even though you seriously lack any credibility IMO. I'm very tired of the handful of posters in this forum who repeatedly post ludicrous falsehoods, such as Beach's repeated claim, also undocumented, that Florida land is rising faster than sea level.

Hopefully, other readers of this forum also understand the "Big Lie" propaganda techniques practiced in this forum almost religiously. Barring documentation of the claims made by you and others, deliberate falsehoods are seemingly being foisted on the readers of this thread as well.
Okay... It was not a sinkhole. There are no risks of sinkholes there. Do you not get this???

I know a lot more than you do on these matters. I do this for a living. Learn about Florida soil and how sinkholes form before making yourself sound even more stupid -- although that's a hard task to breach at this point.

Thanks.

Also... Corrie posted a very convenient link to sea levels... Did you skim through it? Probably, as is your usual fashion.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:21 PM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:

Pray tell, all fount of wisdom, what does sea level mean? Why do you claim, very falsely, that I don't know what sea level means? I've posted many discussions of sea level, often explaining why Florida's relative sea level is higher than the world's average mean sea level. Pick one of my posts and explain what was inaccurate, as you must have something in mind, or, once again you're just practicing your "Big Lie" propaganda techniques.
Well apparently you can't read a damn elevation map then. Go on. Your stupidity is evermore rampant with each post.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:02 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
She could have mis-interpreted what she saw, which could have been the pool collapsing into the underground parking garage.
Dan, WR doesn't even have that part right......the swimming pool didn't collapse into anything
...the swimming pool is still sitting exactly where it was before....you can see it in every picture of the building...after the collapse
...the concrete deck around the pool...on the west side...collapsed...it was also the roof to the underground garage

see the pool still sitting there full of water? > https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/07...5175964628.jpg

obviously, no pool collapsed into any sink hole.....the roof of the garage...which was the deck around the pool...collapsed on to the floor of the garage

no sink holes were involved in this at all....

Last edited by Corrie22; 07-01-2021 at 07:19 PM..

Old 07-01-2021, 07:04 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,800,839 times
This structure failure and its tragic consequences is just one example of a much larger problem. There was a lot of housing and infrastructure built across the country between the 60s to 80s. Many have not been properly maintained and often have many of the original (failing) systems still in place with a big part of it being due to the fact that the money is not there to support the true cost of ownership.

I would not single out high-rise condos. Single family homes, government buildings, roads, bridges, sewer systems, electrical grids, communication networks, shipping ports, airports, etc., all have their own similar challenges.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:06 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Let's all just make a certain poster happy:

Yes, it was due to climate change and DeSantis himself.

So now that the poster should be happy, the rest of us can get back to discussing things, lol.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:19 PM

786 posts, read 626,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Let's all just make a certain poster happy:

Yes, it was due to climate change and DeSantis himself.

So now that the poster should be happy, the rest of us can get back to discussing things, lol.

You forgot to mention Publix!!!

Old 07-02-2021, 12:41 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
These newer homes here in FL are flimsy. I would trust a sturdy 50 year old home than this cookie cutter trash that has been going up all over Florida, especially Tampa on southwards. I live in one. They're trash.

The older homes, especially in north FL where they're older are much more well built. They remind me of Missouri. The Missouri homes that are 50 years old are very study and durable. Homes 90 years old doing just fine.

I wonder what a KB Homes or DR Horton home would look like in 90 years if a hurricane didn't wreck it LOL.

Old 07-02-2021, 06:32 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
These newer homes here in FL are flimsy. I would trust a sturdy 50 year old home than this cookie cutter trash that has been going up all over Florida, especially Tampa on southwards. I live in one. They're trash.

The older homes, especially in north FL where they're older are much more well built. They remind me of Missouri. The Missouri homes that are 50 years old are very study and durable. Homes 90 years old doing just fine.

I wonder what a KB Homes or DR Horton home would look like in 90 years if a hurricane didn't wreck it LOL.
We live in a beautiful mid century Florida ranch here in Lakeland that we are renovating/restoring. Structure is incredibly sound, built of high quality materials. We are getting new windows, and when they came to measure the guy was shocked that the windows were all in square. I said is that unusual - and he replied yes, especially for construction after the 90s, which he claims are rarely in square.

We felt it far better to purchase this beautiful older home and bring it up to speed than one of the shoddy new construction homes. My husband is an architect, so he knows all about it. We are spending big money on it, but it is worth every dime, will be a little fortress when done. And it's sitting here on very high ground too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida