Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2021, 06:17 PM

18,437 posts, read 8,268,923 times

Advertisements

...and USNews released their state rankings

#10 Florida
#20 Connecticut

https://www.usnews.com/media/best-st...kings-2021.pdf

Old 12-23-2021, 07:17 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and USNews released their state rankings

#10 Florida
#20 Connecticut

https://www.usnews.com/media/best-st...kings-2021.pdf
US News is a notoriously right leaning publication. I don't trust them at all.

I have lived in both states for plenty of years and I personally prefer CT. The only thing that sucks about it is the winters. That's it. Everything else is better -- the people, the scenery, things to do, culture, politics (IMO), the beautiful towns, being around so many more educated people. And now I can officially say that houses are cheaper in CT than FL. I don't mind paying high property taxes and income taxes at all, especially because the wages are MUCH higher than FL. So I would save an additional $5,000 per year living in CT with a similar job and similar house. But I don't want to move. I'm settled here in FL now.

Old 12-23-2021, 07:39 PM

417 posts, read 267,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

I have lived in both states for plenty of years and I personally prefer CT. The only thing that sucks about it is the winters. That's it. Everything else is better -- the people, the scenery, things to do, culture, politics (IMO), the beautiful towns, being around so many more educated people. And now I can officially say that houses are cheaper in CT than FL. I don't mind paying high property taxes and income taxes at all, especially because the wages are MUCH higher than FL. So I would save an additional $5,000 per year living in CT with a similar job and similar house. But I don't want to move. I'm settled here in FL now.
What do you consider "more educated people" in which you keep harping on in many of your posts?
Is it based on degrees attained? Please explain.

If you really understand the difference between "educated" and "intelligent", you will know where I am going with this.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:29 PM

486 posts, read 516,459 times
Quote:

You really need to move back to CT, and fast... that state needs you. There isn't this much positivity on the CT forums here on City-Data... when I used to work in Hartford and post, the mod used to be the only real cheerleader they had...

Old 12-23-2021, 08:52 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
What do you consider "more educated people" in which you keep harping on in many of your posts?
Is it based on degrees attained? Please explain.

If you really understand the difference between "educated" and "intelligent", you will know where I am going with this.
Ct has Yale, Wesleyan, hotchkiss, choate.
Florida has …. Well nothing that comes close.
That means students, teachers, families are of a whole different level of academic achievement and accolades.
It really isn’t comparable on an elite educational level.
I mean even desantis went to Yale.
It really is better than the top options of univ of Florida or Miami.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Ct has Yale, Wesleyan, hotchkiss, choate.
Florida has …. Well nothing that comes close.
That means students, teachers, families are of a whole different level of academic achievement and accolades.
It really isn’t comparable on an elite educational level.
I mean even desantis went to Yale.
It really is better than the top options of univ of Florida or Miami.
Truth. I went to UConn. I am a product of the CT public education system and proud of it.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottamemnon View Post
You really need to move back to CT, and fast... that state needs you. There isn't this much positivity on the CT forums here on City-Data... when I used to work in Hartford and post, the mod used to be the only real cheerleader they had...
No. I really need to stay in FL. I'm settled with my nice house here and good job. I have NO reason to move.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:24 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Truth. I went to UConn. I am a product of the CT public education system and proud of it.
And you had Yale, trinity, conn college or Wesleyan as private options.
Want to compare that to univ of Miami, Flagler, rollins, u of Tampa
Is there really any comparison?

Old 12-23-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
And you had Yale, trinity, conn college or Wesleyan as private options.
Want to compare that to univ of Miami, Flagler, rollins, u of Tampa
Is there really any comparison?
Yale crushes all of them. Period.

Old 12-24-2021, 05:07 AM

25,728 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Yale crushes all of them. Period.
The truth about Florida is that none of its colleges/universities have not been charged with racism, & discrimination by the Federal Department of Justice. I attended one of them, and had a great experience...

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...-undergraduate

The truth about Florida is that its public universities are very good and quite affordable, which is why every national ranking I've ever seen, puts them at, or near, the top when all things are considered. This one ranks them 3rd:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...tes-to-live-in

The truth about Florida is that its state pensions are funded at ~86%, which is amongst the best nationally.

https://yankeeinstitute.org/2021/06/...n-the-country/

In this state pension ranking, Florida ranks 13th, but guess which state is dead last? :

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/best-...230009361.html

Another truth about Florida is that it ranks #1 in the number of net new move-ins, and 12th as a % of total state population. The link below ranks states in net domestic migration...people moving in from other states versus its own residents moving out to other states:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._net_migration

Which state ranks 42nd?

Last edited by beach43ofus; 12-24-2021 at 05:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida