Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-02-2024, 01:21 PM
 
1,132 posts, read 631,946 times
Reputation: 2631

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Overall I agree, but don't think for a second Florida isn't free of loonies, especially in economically depressed/podunk areas.

https://floridaman.com/
Maybe due to more inbreeding?

You can be Patrick Bateman, highly educated, white collar and charmingly disarming in an urban sleek setting. Or like you said economically depressed/podunk areas tend to breed a lot of crazy. Places where most people aren’t very educated, lack of the desire and curiosity for intellectual stimulation and insularity. Insularity brings out a lot of psychological trouble and personality disorder.

Money tends to make people arrogant. Poverty tends to make people angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2024, 01:34 PM
 
Location: SoFlo
724 posts, read 452,086 times
Reputation: 1407
Great post - I could not agree with you anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung baby View Post
Maybe due to more inbreeding?

You can be Patrick Bateman, highly educated, white collar and charmingly disarming in an urban sleek setting. Or like you said economically depressed/podunk areas tend to breed a lot of crazy. Places where most people aren’t very educated, lack of the desire and curiosity for intellectual stimulation and insularity. Insularity brings out a lot of psychological trouble and personality disorder.

Money tends to make people arrogant. Poverty tends to make people angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2024, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
26,367 posts, read 13,248,948 times
Reputation: 19870
The crazy angry people here are visitors from out-of-state.

We had 135,000,000 visitors in 2023.

Florida only has 23,000,000 residents.

We get ~6 transient visitors, for each resident.

It's like comparing the people at a motel or apartment complex, to the people in a mature single-family home development where most people know their neighbors.

Transient communities have more crazies than stable communities...its a fact...ask law enforcement.

So, don't blame Floridian's, blame the visitors we kindly host each year. Perhaps we should start doing background checks to keep the crazies out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2024, 04:54 PM
 
18,875 posts, read 8,533,232 times
Reputation: 14161
don't know about that....some of the craziest angriest people I know are Cuban...and they are home grown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2024, 05:08 PM
 
30,752 posts, read 21,613,629 times
Reputation: 12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
don't know about that....some of the craziest angriest people I know are Cuban...and they are home grown
Most of FL is that anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2024, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Florida
15,034 posts, read 9,939,533 times
Reputation: 12203
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
I get the impression you're much too "senior" to be a renter so I will assume you're a homeowner with an insured property.

My question to you is, does the lifestyle of trans/gays, abortion issues, or suppressed American history make a day-to-day difference in your life? Or would perhaps savings in homeowners be more beneficial to you? I will also assume the insurance crisis is more relevant...so why does the Governor and many other Florida residents place such an emphasis on literal nonsense?

In the bolded portion, are you asking me what the solutions should be? If so maybe I should run for Governor especially since it appears the bar is so low.
....and then you gave an imaginary solution... how did I know you would do that?

You have no solutions...nothing, but I do notice the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth you seem to be good at.

I'm affected by most issues, including all that you mentioned and then some. However to your point, I do prioritize, but I tend to look beyond the tactical since I'm strategic by nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2024, 08:08 AM
 
Location: SoFlo
724 posts, read 452,086 times
Reputation: 1407
I do have ideas for potential solutions, well more than Rhonda Santis has at least, but history both here and in my personal life has shown me that debating actual policy with you MAGAs is a complete waste of time. If Congress, those elected as full time politicians can’t get bipartisan policy done, what makes you think I could even convince you of anything?

I honestly believe that MAGA and it’s followers cannot be reasoned nor negotiated with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
....and then you gave an imaginary solution... how did I know you would do that?

You have no solutions...nothing, but I do notice the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth you seem to be good at.

I'm affected by most issues, including all that you mentioned and then some. However to your point, I do prioritize, but I tend to look beyond the tactical since I'm strategic by nature.

Last edited by silverct9a; 04-03-2024 at 08:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2024, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Florida
15,034 posts, read 9,939,533 times
Reputation: 12203
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
I do have ideas for potential solutions, well more than Rhonda Santis has at least, but history both here and in my personal life has shown me that debating actual policy with you MAGAs is a complete waste of time. If Congress, those elected as full time politicians can’t get bipartisan policy done, what makes you think I could even convince you of anything?

I honestly believe that MAGA and it’s followers cannot be reasoned nor negotiated with.
So you've reached your intellectual threshold. It's good to know your limitations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2024, 03:54 PM
 
Location: SoFlo
724 posts, read 452,086 times
Reputation: 1407
You wish I did fixed income dinosaur - Guaranteed I’ve attended more prestigious universities, obtained more education and have done more federally funded research than you and most of the mental midgets on C-D (all STEM fields).

In fact I currently work on systems you and most people use everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
So you've reached your intellectual threshold. It's good to know your limitations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2024, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Florida
15,034 posts, read 9,939,533 times
Reputation: 12203
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
You wish I did fixed income dinosaur - Guaranteed I’ve attended more prestigious universities, obtained more education and have done more federally funded research than you and most of the mental midgets on C-D (all STEM fields).

In fact I currently work on systems you and most people use everyday.
Did you learn what a logical fallacy is? also known as “appeal to authority.” That is text book material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top