Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 08:19 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You had the luxury of having a parent home to be able to homeschool. Some families don't have that choice.
It's not a luxury, it's a sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So you think people who work in tech companies, or are doctors, or other professionals or tradespeople should have just been happy to live, work and worship? By the way, you can't just work in many professions without higher education.
I'm not against education, much less higher education. I'm against government schooling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 08:20 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Define "we"? I am for minimizing the damage done by gov't in every aspect of our lives...including K-12 education.
Agreed

Old 05-06-2022, 06:16 AM

137 posts, read 407,937 times
Nowhere in this article does it say the school fired her because of her sexuality. SHE said she got fired because of her sexuality.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:19 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1822 View Post
Nowhere in this article does it say the school fired her because of her sexuality. SHE said she got fired because of her sexuality.
Exactly.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:43 AM

417 posts, read 267,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
There's a lot more to the story than the one-sided "teacher's" version presented in the article.

I don't buy for one minute that a topic on being "binary", or "gay" would be initiated by 4-5 year olds. And that nonsense that a teacher would have to explain, because the students wanted to discuss her personal life is just that, nonsense.

But no surprise these stories about poor victim LGBT teachers are starting to make their way out from under their rocks, has the find hand of the Left all over it.
The story was broadcast on WEAR-TV which is an ABC affiliate, ABC of course is owned by Disney.
Coincidence?

Old 05-06-2022, 07:42 AM

17,203 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

I went to public school 20+ years ago and it was a freakish nightmare then. I can't even imagine how much worse it is now. I would have to be at the end of my rope to inflict that kind of punishment on my children.
From what my kids tell me (ages 12 and 10) it's gotten absolutely ridiculous. Apparently... girls are now wearing cat ears to school, calling themselves "furries" and they bark and make animal noises lol... And... this is allowed. These kids are somehow identifying with... animals, I guess?

Old 05-06-2022, 08:03 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
From what my kids tell me (ages 12 and 10) it's gotten absolutely ridiculous. Apparently... girls are now wearing cat ears to school, calling themselves "furries" and they bark and make animal noises lol... And... this is allowed. These kids are somehow identifying with... animals, I guess?
Either you are lying or your children are lying. This is fiction, created by a certain fake media source in Wisconsin, so as to spread outrage over sexual deviancy in schools that doesn't actually exist.

That video was spread, and caught on in a couple of other areas that chose to mimic the video with their own version of it.

https://buffalonews.com/news/state-a...4f93261e3.html

It's not happening anywhere in the country. Disruptions aren't permitted in classrooms, children aren't supported in schools if they "identify" as cats. It just flat out isn't happening.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:20 AM

486 posts, read 516,811 times
What people who love to bash the schools and promote charters and private schools fail to understand is that those ones appear better because they do not have to follow the ridiculous requirements that the FLORIDA GOP controlled government have created here. The teachers and admins have to dance around every restriction and topic that the government decides to make a big deal every couple years. The amount of record keeping, paperwork, etc that is needed on a daily basis is insane. My wife, who is a teacher, spends hours every day(unpaid) just trying to stay in compliance in order to keep her "highly effective" rating.

Florida has the reputation among teachers in this country as having the most overbearing state and local regulations and requirements... combined with the most dysfunctional administrations because of it.

Charter and Private schools have the right to do whatever they want, accept whatever students they want, kick kids out for any reason they want, etc. Public schools do not have that luxury.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:20 AM

17,203 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Either you are lying or your children are lying. This is fiction, created by a certain fake media source in Wisconsin, so as to spread outrage over sexual deviancy in schools that doesn't actually exist.

That video was spread, and caught on in a couple of other areas that chose to mimic the video with their own version of it.

https://buffalonews.com/news/state-a...4f93261e3.html

It's not happening anywhere in the country. Disruptions aren't permitted in classrooms, children aren't supported in schools if they "identify" as cats. It just flat out isn't happening.
What is wrong with you? Calling my kids liars?

It's a thing. It's not fiction. It stems originally from anime.

And... I have seen it when picking them up from school.

Please don't call my kids liars. lol. You are sick.

I never said anything about them getting "special treatment," which is what that article is about. I said people wear cat ears and make animal noises. That is fact. And it's allowed.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:34 AM

383 posts, read 280,987 times
hopefully she does not teach anymore or if she does the phrase "none of your business" comes into use
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida