Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 05:09 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,228,548 times

Advertisements

Personally I have never bought or used one but seriously "thinking" of doing so moving forward. But there is always the chance of an "accident" Way too many kids gaining access to guns and of course all the mass shooting we seem to have these days. Yikes!!! And let's not forget our criminals. I am old/lol, and remember those days when victims were not "killed". Now it seems even after they get what they want, they still kill. Hunters I am okay with as long as they are "licensed and donot abuse this privilege (spelling may be off)". Is there a solution? I am beginning to think no.

Florida boy dies after shooting self with gun

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida...ville/40991591
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 05:31 AM

Testimony: Florida school shooter was intellectually slow | AP News

https://apnews.com/article/parkland-...b4265fc1b7d6a7

Old 08-26-2022, 08:09 AM

222 posts, read 222,559 times
There is no one size fits all solution. Lack of responsibility, lack of parenting, lack of penalty from judges, lack of mental institutions, lack of morals. No law will prevent these things.

I have many, I don’t hunt. If it’s not on me, it’s in a safe.

Me and about 100 other people gather almost every weekend, sometimes twice a weekend for competitive shooting. All them guns in one place and no one has ever been shot. Amazing isn’t it?

Old 08-26-2022, 08:31 AM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
you know, you can't protect everyone from everything....

we can't eliminate electricity....because someone stuck a screwdriver in a hot outlet

...or eliminate stairs....because someone fell down them

every day I thank the Lord I'm still alive.....thinking back on all the dumb crap I did

or eliminate alcohol and drugs.....because millions die from that

Old 08-26-2022, 08:32 AM

383 posts, read 279,867 times
Guns are a tool any tool used incorrectly and without respect can do bad things, I dont hunt but I have been shooting and its enjoyable, more often than not when I read about kids getting into trouble with guns its because they were never taught the respect and/or knowledge needed to own/use safely

Old 08-26-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouperK View Post
There is no one size fits all solution. Lack of responsibility, lack of parenting, lack of penalty from judges, lack of mental institutions, lack of morals. No law will prevent these things.

I have many, I don’t hunt. If it’s not on me, it’s in a safe.

Me and about 100 other people gather almost every weekend, sometimes twice a weekend for competitive shooting. All them guns in one place and no one has ever been shot. Amazing isn’t it?
lol

Old 08-26-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
you know, you can't protect everyone from everything....

we can't eliminate electricity....because someone stuck a screwdriver in a hot outlet

...or eliminate stairs....because someone fell down them

every day I thank the Lord I'm still alive.....thinking back on all the dumb crap I did

or eliminate alcohol and drugs.....because millions die from that
The Lord is protecting you

Old 08-26-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrat View Post
Guns are a tool any tool used incorrectly and without respect can do bad things, I dont hunt but I have been shooting and its enjoyable, more often than not when I read about kids getting into trouble with guns its because they were never taught the respect and/or knowledge needed to own/use safely
I agree!

Old 08-26-2022, 10:21 AM

732 posts, read 1,045,776 times
I don't own guns, have never used one and wouldn't know how to use one if my life depended on it. That being said...

As someone said earlier, guns are just a tool. Unfortunately, bad things do sometimes happen because guns do have the capacity to kill. But so do other things. Cars can be just as deadly and destructive as guns. There are restrictions and licensing measures for cars just like guns but bad things do happen occasionally. It's inevitable.

Taking it a step further, what about smoking and drinking? Nothing causes more death, injury, illness, and misery than those 2 things but they are legal everywhere with age restrictions.

Guns are sensationalistic though. Nobody bats an eye if someone dies in a car wreck, gets cancer from smoking or dies from drinking complications. If someone dies from gunfire , the controversy starts.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
I don't own guns, have never used one and wouldn't know how to use one if my life depended on it. That being said...

As someone said earlier, guns are just a tool. Unfortunately, bad things do sometimes happen because guns do have the capacity to kill. But so do other things. Cars can be just as deadly and destructive as guns. There are restrictions and licensing measures for cars just like guns but bad things do happen occasionally. It's inevitable.

Taking it a step further, what about smoking and drinking? Nothing causes more death, injury, illness, and misery than those 2 things but they are legal everywhere with age restrictions.

Guns are sensationalistic though. Nobody bats an eye if someone dies in a car wreck, gets cancer from smoking or dies from drinking complications. If someone dies from gunfire , the controversy starts.
Yes, we can die from our roof collapsing on us while we sleep. All we can do is live "responsibly" and hope others do too. Thanks for commenting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida