Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:48 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,789,535 times

Advertisements

The only negative I can say is from 1987 Toll Bros. My new construction was a total mess because it was after a bubble and they brought in cheap labor from TX and had laborers doing finish carpentry.

Every single nail popped as the house "dried out" after standing for several weeks studded out, every single cornerbead was a mess, the formica in the kitchen a mess, patched and crooked, the walls a mess and all wiggley crooked, the doors not plumb and didnt even shut, holes in the garage door and crappy patch work over holes in the inside walls, an extra fireplace I didnt order andso they refused to eat the cost and patched UP like a mess....the siding was flapping in the breeze after the first year every time there was a storm, the GRADING was horrible out back...I lost my entire back yard that was part of the parcel to them having to grade two foot steps down to the properties below because of flooding.....so I had a few feet of flat land then it kept going down and down and down....REAL BAD. ALSO the bathroom fixtures didnt match and they refused to pull them out. Beige tile with a white tub and vice versa in the master. Dopes.

We also saw our new neighbors' construction having flooding and they just pulled out the rug, let it dry sitting on the dirt and mud and shoved it back inside LOL.

My punch list took a year of fighting to get fixed. It was so bad I swore I'd never buy new construction again and haven't.

Supervise your construction even though they don't like you on site since NOW there is another real estate problem.

Hopefully they're better now.

ETA I keep thinking of things and getting mad all over again...LOL, the builders sheet goods in the kitchen all of a sudden turned purple in spots, the carpet was cheap and you couldnt clean it, the dishwasher wasn't hooked up properly and always had standing water if you used it, the garbage disposal backed up all the time....the fireplace flue never worked right ....I could go on and on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM

64 posts, read 252,591 times
Wow! Hopefully they learned to build better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: