Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 03:24 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,227,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Sounds like a scene from the Blues Brothers. Think Jake practically drove them to jump off the bridge
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 03:31 PM

417 posts, read 267,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRetired View Post
I feel very honored you took the time to research me. Unlike you, I do not have the time or interest to be all up in other members' profile. What does it matter where I post? Are you a Moderator?

You do have great insights and I have enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks for chirping in! Angela
Sorry if you took that as an insult.
However, no research beyond glancing at the Florida forum topics for the last week, you have been a very active poster regarding Florida news.
I do not care to plus I am not even sure how to look at a profile anyway.

Old 08-29-2022, 03:35 PM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Is this like wen Antifa and Progressives burn the US Flag ?

Yes this is still America thank god which gives you the right to burn the flag or display a swastika.
Two "groups"...?? Where are their headquarters and varying websites/social media pages?

Old 08-29-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And the left like you would shut down the feed of expression you disagree with, right ?
Document a time any leftist organization in the US tried to shutdown the news... Us "lefties" tend to live in the truth and not some self-manufactured fabrication we're trying to assimilate everyone else into.

Old 08-29-2022, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
The nazis have about as much in common with the Republican Party as the KKK has with the modern day Democrat Party. Zero, Zilch, Natta, Nothing.

There is way too much of this fictitious, hateful rhetoric being spewed in order to divide us further.
It has become the "new norm" to just accuse anyone of a hateful label because they do not agree with you. Well...screw that new norm. It is purly asinine.

Sorry for the rant, but.....
Medical marijuana use there much?

So recent interest in legislation enabled to differentiate between how certain individuals in the public school system are seen or not, whether revisionist history is taught in schools, fabricating opposing thoughts being taught instead (true or not), books banned in schools and heightened renewed interest in dictating what women can/can't do with their own bodies is purely coincidental?

Puhleeze...

Old 08-29-2022, 03:56 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRetired View Post
Looks like everything goes in Florida of late.

First the illegals, refugees and now Nazi.

Are we still America or am I missing something here?

7 hours ago (Monday - August 29, 2022)

Watch: Group displays Nazi symbols on Florida bridge | WGN-TV

https://wgntv.com/news/watch-group-d...lorida-bridge/
To be very very clear on where the current governor stands on both these groups.
He very much wants the illegal immigrants bused and/or removed from Florida. ASAP. He is paying for buses and making their lives miserable. Much more so than almost any other governors.
At the same time, desantis has been virtually silent on the proliferation of nazis. I was living in Florida this winter when my neighborhood was covered with antisemetic flyers and slogans and the nazis marched in near by cities.
Nothing, and I do mean zero, was done to stop this behavior or catch the perpetrators. Florida is the capitol of the white nationalist movement in the United States because “freedom” is a priority.
Please pay attention on where the enforcement is targeted and what any new legislation is focused on.
One of these groups is tolerated, the other not so much.

Old 08-29-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
Sorry if you took that as an insult.
However, no research beyond glancing at the Florida forum topics for the last week, you have been a very active poster regarding Florida news.
I do not care to plus I am not even sure how to look at a profile anyway.
lol, you are forgiven!!

Old 08-29-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
To be very very clear on where the current governor stands on both these groups.
He very much wants the illegal immigrants bused and/or removed from Florida. ASAP. He is paying for buses and making their lives miserable. Much more so than almost any other governors.
At the same time, desantis has been virtually silent on the proliferation of nazis. I was living in Florida this winter when my neighborhood was covered with antisemetic flyers and slogans and the nazis marched in near by cities.
Nothing, and I do mean zero, was done to stop this behavior or catch the perpetrators. Florida is the capitol of the white nationalist movement in the United States because “freedom” is a priority.
Please pay attention on where the enforcement is targeted and what any new legislation is focused on.
One of these groups is tolerated, the other not so much.
If they would stop letting them "stay" we would not have that problem. Stop them getting on land and ship the ones that do back to their country. Over it!

Old 08-29-2022, 04:39 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
No laws were broken. As repulsive as this is, there isn’t really anything that the governor can do. They can demonstrate all they want — any group can — as long as it’s done peacefully.

Old 08-29-2022, 04:42 PM

417 posts, read 267,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Medical marijuana use there much?

So recent interest in legislation enabled to differentiate between how certain individuals in the public school system are seen or not, whether revisionist history is taught in schools, fabricating opposing thoughts being taught instead (true or not), books banned in schools and heightened renewed interest in dictating what women can/can't do with their own bodies is purely coincidental?

Puhleeze...
Childish insults? Come on.

But thank you for providing an example of generalized rhetoric that drives division.
It would have been better for discussion if you described your concerns as it relates to the specifc legislation and particularly the wording.

The again, many people just prefer oversimplified partisan banter, just please do not include me. Thanks.

By the way, I only use gummies these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida