Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 09:06 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Exactly this. Of course, I prefer to pick items myself, but I’ve had mostly great experiences with Instacart, which I also use for Publix, Sprouts, and Target.
Until Kroger does same day delivery (as in… within just a few hours) I won’t use them.
I didn't realize Kroger doesn't deliver same day. I mentioned Kroger because we got a recommendation from someone we know here in Lakeland who uses their service and loves it. I think however, Publix is going to be my best bet even though their prices have become insanely high and I will have to pay even more with Instacart. But it is what it is, and I don't have a lot of choice right now.

Thanks, everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 10:44 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I didn't realize Kroger doesn't deliver same day. I mentioned Kroger because we got a recommendation from someone we know here in Lakeland who uses their service and loves it. I think however, Publix is going to be my best bet even though their prices have become insanely high and I will have to pay even more with Instacart. But it is what it is, and I don't have a lot of choice right now.

Thanks, everyone.
You can also use Amazon for staples such as toilet paper, cans of whatever you like that comes in a can (including pet food for the pets).

For all the stuff that goes bad after time or has to be kept refrigerated or frozen, I'd ask a neighbor. But our neighborhood is like that - we lend each other a hand when needed - yours might not be as community-oriented.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:24 AM

Well I just placed my first Instacart order with Publix. So far so good. We'll see how delivery goes.

Old 09-19-2022, 12:39 PM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Let us be thankful that we live in an era of grocery delivery available at the tap of a button.

Old 09-19-2022, 12:48 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Well I just placed my first Instacart order with Publix. So far so good. We'll see how delivery goes.
The prices are a definite drawback and sky high versus shopping in person. If able to navigate having someone pick it up for you you can save a bundle.

You can do pickup with Target if able to coordinate and their pickup service which has the same prices in-store and further beneficial if you get the Target Red Card savings program. You order on their website or app.

I also neglected to mention with Instacart that you have the option of Sav A Lot, which has cleaned up its image and has some better deals/pricing.

Old 09-19-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Let us be thankful that we live in an era of grocery delivery available at the tap of a button.
Agreed! Very thankful!

Old 09-19-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The prices are a definite drawback and sky high versus shopping in person. If able to navigate having someone pick it up for you you can save a bundle.

You can do pickup with Target if able to coordinate and their pickup service which has the same prices in-store and further beneficial if you get the Target Red Card savings program. You order on their website or app.

I also neglected to mention with Instacart that you have the option of Sav A Lot, which has cleaned up its image and has some better deals/pricing.
I can also use ALDI which I may try next time. I had recently been shopping there for most of my items. I will say my groceries arrived promptly today and in good order, so first experience was positive.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:15 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
I can also use ALDI which I may try next time. I had recently been shopping there for most of my items. I will say my groceries arrived promptly today and in good order, so first experience was positive.
Aldi is okay if you're working with more basic options, but otherwise quite limited in terms of selection. Sav A Lot on the other hand is more of a traditional grocery store.

Old 09-19-2022, 04:00 PM

453 posts, read 300,999 times
I've been using Publix and Walmart since they started a year or two ago and have no problems. The shoppers stay in touch with you by messaging and ask questions. They take pictures to show you stuff. If you say "check there's no mold or gunk on the bottom of the berries" or give instructions about the exp dates, they do.

I guess it depends on your geo area/county, though, maybe.

They want a good tip and have always been pleasant to me. You can adjust your tip AFTER the delivery, too, which is smart.

In a couple years of ordering they only missed one thing one time.

If they make a mistake you can put the claim in on Instacart and you get credit immediately.

BUT the SURCHARGE on the Instacart items really annoys me.

I returned a substitute bag of lemons because I wanted organic and the refund was an EXTRA FIFTY CENTS on the $5.00 bag which I feel is high.

Walmart is great, too, and includes ALL ITEMS in their shopping "club" not just grocery so like, I wanted a Brita and it came that day and I didn't even ask it to LOL.

So for me, the money for the year is value.

Grocery stores have no margin they make around 2 CENTS on the dollar so I don't complain a lot about them. I'm grateful they can find people who want to work and do a good job.

Pizza Hut charges FIVE DOLLARS for delivery now things are so challenging in that business.

Old 09-19-2022, 05:01 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
I will never use any of this kind of crap like a silly chap. IN the store only for me. Sure don't wanna pay extra to have it brought to me and have to pay a tip on top of it. I wanna pick out my own meat pete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: