Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 05:32 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

I would like reviews and recommendations on which grocery delivery service to use: I have never done delivery because I like to shop in store, but I am now laid up with a serious injury and cannot do that. So...wondering which service is most reliable, least costly or anything else I might need to know... Basically Kroger, Publix or Aldi.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 05:55 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Whole Foods is by far the best experience in my opinion.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:03 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Whole Foods is by far the best experience in my opinion.
Unfortunately no Whole Foods in Lakeland....

Old 09-18-2022, 06:08 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
I don't know anything about Kroger, as there isn't any near me and I've never lived near any previously.

Aldi's and Publix delivery are both done through Instacart.

I worked for Publix during the pandemic's worst months, and our biggest customers during that period were Instacart Shoppers (the people who bought, bagged, and delivered the groceries to your door). Some of them were terrific. Some were horrible. I personally wouldn't trust any of them because I wouldn't want the ice cream melted and leaking out onto the produce, or end up paying extra for brand names swapped out without my permission because the brand I asked for wasn't available.

Your best bet is to try to find a neighbor or relative to help you with the groceries. Give them money, tell them what you need, and enjoy peace of mind that they'll have your best interest at heart.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:12 PM

361 posts, read 258,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I would like reviews and recommendations on which grocery delivery service to use: I have never done delivery because I like to shop in store, but I am now laid up with a serious injury and cannot do that. So...wondering which service is most reliable, least costly or anything else I might need to know... Basically Kroger, Publix or Aldi.

Thanks!
If you like to save money, how about a 30 day free trial of Walmartplus?

Old 09-18-2022, 06:28 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Unfortunately no Whole Foods in Lakeland....
That’s a shame. I agree that they are the best.

I haven’t had issues with bad quality from Instacart though, which is what Publix uses. I’ve had garbage quality from Walmart delivery and cancelled my membership.

In other words, get an Instacart membership.

Old 09-19-2022, 04:45 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
No way i would trust anyone to bring me stuff duff. I will go to the store and into the door.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:02 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
I have used Instacart religiously since being more/less homebound the past two years minus all but a few issues. If you're picky about meat or produce (or whatever) you can communicate with your shopper during the shopping process where they'll send pictures to approve, or not. I'm fortunate enough to have the option of Publix, Sprouts, Target or Fresh Market so able to mix things up if favoring particular product or all organic. I have yet to try Kroger mostly due to the fact you have to order the day before and I just seem more in tune with same-day orders and one to two-hour delivery windows.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:36 AM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times
I use Wal-Mart. They usually have the cheapest groceries and you can buy other stuff they sell at the same time. Really, the worst thing about Wal-Mart has always been going there and it removes that element so I’ve been fairly happy with it. I don’t get fresh produce there anymore though and they don’t seem to select the best stuff.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:37 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I have used Instacart religiously since being more/less homebound the past two years minus all but a few issues. If you're picky about meat or produce (or whatever) you can communicate with your shopper during the shopping process where they'll send pictures to approve, or not. I'm fortunate enough to have the option of Publix, Sprouts, Target or Fresh Market so able to mix things up if favoring particular product or all organic. I have yet to try Kroger mostly due to the fact you have to order the day before and I just seem more in tune with same-day orders and one to two-hour delivery windows.
Exactly this. Of course, I prefer to pick items myself, but I’ve had mostly great experiences with Instacart, which I also use for Publix, Sprouts, and Target.
Until Kroger does same day delivery (as in… within just a few hours) I won’t use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: