Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,226 times

Advertisements

I hope your little bird is safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 10:47 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,557,381 times
I don't live in FL, but I was just stopping by the forum, and my hopes go out to you! I really hope your Cuco finds its way home. Beautiful lil bird.
I sincerely hope this has a happy ending!!! Otherwise I would be heartbroken, as I am a real softie to any animal.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:15 AM

15 posts, read 38,011 times
Can I please ask that any of you who are in Florida, PLEASE help me by checking your local paper to see if anyone has posted an ad that they've found a lovebird. I have tried to check as many newspapers as possible but it's so hard because there are so many small papers in the various cities and towns. I would be so grateful.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:55 AM

374 posts, read 1,624,511 times
I'm sorry about your little Bird Cuco. It is so heartbreaking when these things happen. I had my little bird fly off my shoulder back in the early 90's. I searched for two days and finally found him hiding in a tree behind my house in the woods. He started whistling when he heard my voice and flew back on my shoulder. I hope your ending is the same! Best Wishes.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 AM

126 posts, read 340,027 times
Hope You Find Him.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:25 AM

29 posts, read 99,755 times
I am so sorry, I know beautiful birds, these are like family members. I had a baby sandcrane visit me every day , Tuesday it was hit by a car. I am still crying.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:05 PM

267 posts, read 1,137,730 times
He is a beautiful bird. I hope you do find him. I will keep my eye on the local papers. I'm in Hernando county, but hey - stranger things have happened. Good Luck!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:44 PM

Hi everyone - I think that last night it really hit me and I feel so defeated. I have cried so much this week that I surprise even myself. I know I have to face the reality of him being gone, and maybe for good, but my gut feeling is that he's still out there, and I cannot give up looking with all my heart and soul for him. He's a strong little guy and I can only pray he is still trying to find me. If someone has him, I wish they would at least call around to see if anyone is missing a lovebird. I can't imagine keeping someone else's pet until I at least made every effort to find the rightful owner. The loss is overwhelming to me. I won't give up searching for him. Every night I check every single posting on sites all over the place, praying that I will see the one ad that says someone found him. I would feel so guilty giving up on him now. Please continue to keep your eyes/ears open for me and say a prayer that he's alive and well, and that I find him. I'm so afraid everyone will just forget about him and stop noticing the little birds outside. For me it's the opposite. It's amazing how now I notice every single bird near my house. Colleen

Old 06-03-2008, 01:14 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,809,881 times
Where exactly did you lose him Colleen?

Old 06-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Hi - I lost him right off I-95, in St. Augustine, just south of INternational Golf Parkway. He flew into the woods on the east side of I-95.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida