Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:31 PM

15 posts, read 38,177 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone:

I know that this is a long shot, and a strange request, but I need your help if at all possible.

This Monday, (Memorial Day), I lost my little bird that I've had for 14 years. He could be anywhere in the state of Florida by now and I'm just heartbroken. I've been searching for 2 days now, and I'm trying to reach out to as many people as possible. I know he is absolutely terrified as he's been a house pet since he was born.

I am devastated and absolutely heart broken, and I'm hoping that someone will find him. I'll pay a cash reward of $100, and drive to get him immediately if he's found. I'm hoping that if someone finds him maybe they will call a sheriff's office, or a fire department and tell them that they've read this and ask them to call me on my cell phone at 954-558-8611. He has always had food and water from my hand, and I'm so afraid he'll starve out there. He answers to the name "Cuco". He's a little, green and orange "Peach Face Lovebird". His face and chest are orange, his head and back are green, and his tail feathers are blue, red and green. He would definitely know his name if called, as I'm sure he's terrified being out there alone now.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated and I will be forever grateful. Again, my cell phone number is 954-558-8611, and as I said, I will drive to get him immediately if someone has him, and I will pay a $100 reward for our beloved family pet. I can't stand the thought of him out there alone, and afraid. Please pass this message along to anyone you can. I've been trying to contact as many places as I can, but I don't know how else to get the word out. I've written emails to so many people, but I don't know how to contact the thousands of businesses or millions of residential properties in the state. I need people to pass the word. I would be forever grateful if you would. My gut feeling is that he is somewhere around the St. Augustine, Villano Beach, World Golf Village, Green Cove Springs area, but I have no way of knowing by now.
Thank you so much for any help at all. I have attached a picture of him if anyone wants to see what he looks like. Colleen
Attached Thumbnails
Please Help if you can - I'm heartbroken-cucos-picture.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 06:41 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,915,473 times
My heart goes out to you. That's really tough loosing a pet. I'm not sure if you've done this already but I would post this up on the Jacksonville board and the pet board.

Did you try the local humane society? I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try. Good luck with you search I hope you find him.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:25 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,282,391 times
Post Flyers with pic in Vets offices & business . Ads in papers help too. Good luck I hope you find him.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:28 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,838 times
Check for local forums similar to this one in your area as well.

I had a quaker that escaped once- it was horrifying.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:38 PM

76 posts, read 331,303 times
Also, post on craigslist in the town you are from. That bird will not fly very far from home.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:14 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,607 times
I sure hope you find him.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:07 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,450,461 times
They don't usually fly too far, Colmcb, so I'm going to copy your post for the Jacksonville forum as well, be sure to check the replies there too.

As a parrot owner myself, I feel for you . Keep looking, they're usually just too afraid to fly down from wherever they are .

Old 05-29-2008, 05:29 PM

15 posts, read 38,177 times
Thank you so much for all your nice replies. So far I haven't found him, but I will certainly keep you posted. I've actually received a few phone calls from people who have found birds in the last few days, but after decribing them, none of them has been Cuco. I so appreciate them trying to help though. I've sent hundreds of emails out with his picture to every business in the area, every school, hotel, golf course, humane society, pet store, etc. I am praying day and night he'll be found alive and well and I'll get that call.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:03 PM

847 posts, read 3,519,490 times
I will pray that you find your bird, my heard goes out to you. I am an animal lover and can not imagine what you are going through.

Please keep us up to date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida